PDA

View Full Version : Hogue Grips...Any experience with them?

ajl2121
01-20-2007, 2:10 PM
Hello...I'm interested in replacing my folding stock grip on my Mossberg 500 with the Hogue Tamer pistol grips...The kind that is rubberized. Anyone have any experience with them? They claim they are much softer than the standard plastic and help with the discomfort felt in the hands when firing just with the pistol grip and no stock. If there are any other manufacturers of grips similiar to this, please let us know...Thanks all

SemiAutoSam
01-20-2007, 2:14 PM
I use them on my Sigs and on my FN FAL.

Excellent product. BTW the same company makes toilet seats. so they know cushion.

Wild Bill
01-20-2007, 8:05 PM
+1 for Hogue grips. I have them on several of my handguns and really like them. Much better than stock rubber grips.

jojosdad
01-20-2007, 9:37 PM
I've got a Knoxx Spec-ops comp stock http://www.knoxx.com/store/store_home2.php on my Mossberg 590, and I really like it. Recoil feel like it's less than half of what it was, and the stock adjusts like an AR. they also make a folding model. They're more $$ than the Hogues, but they're a better deal for me because they've made my Mossy comfortable to shoot. YMMV

!@#$
01-20-2007, 10:38 PM
Hello...I'm interested in replacing my folding stock grip on my Mossberg 500 with the Hogue Tamer pistol grips...The kind that is rubberized. Anyone have any experience with them? They claim they are much softer than the standard plastic and help with the discomfort felt in the hands when firing just with the pistol grip and no stock. If there are any other manufacturers of grips similiar to this, please let us know...Thanks all

if you fire it with just the pistol grip it will hurt no matter what the grip is made of.

Nismo
01-21-2007, 12:37 AM
Knoxx makes the breechers grip which does make the recoil managable. I have a knoxx copstock which is the same but has a folding stock and with the stock folded, I shot slugs one handed like a pistol with no problems.

http://www.knoxx.com/NewStyleKnoxx/Products/BreachersGrip.html

I recently switch back to a traditional speedfeed stock because Its easier for follow up shots.

ajl2121
01-21-2007, 11:33 AM
Currently I have a folding stock made by tac star...I don't like shooting with the stock open because the plastic butt bruises my shoulder...I got used to shooting bird shots with just the plastic pistol grip...Do you think if the pistol grip was rubberized and not the hard plastic it would reduce the stress in the palm of my hand? I would love to have that spec ops stock that was mentioned above, but I have reservations about spending 130$ on a stock when the pump shotgun only cost me less than 300$. When I get the semi-auto, then I would definately invest in one.

Nismo
01-21-2007, 2:13 PM
semi autos might not feed right with Knoxx stocks. I dont even think they make a recoil reducing stock for semis.

anyracoon
01-21-2007, 3:28 PM
Have them on all of my ARs, hand guns, mini-14, 10/22 plus just got a set for my 870 but have not put them on that yet. Sure beats hard plastic, just enough give/softness to make them grip better.