PDA

View Full Version : Old Mini-14 180 series sights?

CaliforniaSon
08-22-2011, 8:54 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know somewhere I might find actual stock 180 series mini-14 sights? I have found all kinds of random parts, scope mounts, etc... but not just the straight original sights (rear mostly).

I'm asking because my buddy found his grandfather's old mini-14 and it is a 180 series like my older one and the sight on it isn't the stock one and won't stay put!

if anyone can give me any tips, I'd greatly appreciate it. I've told him to just scope it, but he wants to go iron sights.

thank you as always!

terrapinflyer25
08-26-2011, 12:03 AM
Ill give you a bump because I am interested as well. I have a 180 that Id like to get spare parts for.

CaliforniaSon
09-13-2011, 4:30 PM
So, for anyone interested, I found a '700' replacement sight that is similiar to the original, only issue is that required a small flat head and is slightly difficult to set in place, but once you have the elevation screw locktited in, it's a perfect replacement. I will post a pic and exact model sight later. Unfortunately, I'm not sure where it came from, a buddy of mine found it and kicked it over to me.

CaliforniaSon
09-14-2011, 7:03 PM
Here are a few pics, sorry they aren't so great. The rear sight is good, nice and tight once you get it screwed down, but again, the only issue with it is that it requires a small flat head.

CaliforniaSon
10-10-2011, 11:49 AM
So, this sight works so long as you can set it in place and lok-tite it correctly. However it does have the potential to come out of place I've noticed.

if anyone has any better suggestions, please let me know!.