PDA

View Full Version : SF Sheriff race, Chris Cunnie is he CCW friendly?

gunsmith
08-22-2011, 11:26 AM
He has a lot of support from old time SF residents.

http://www.facebook.com/chriscunnie?ref=ts&sk=wall

Glock22Fan
08-22-2011, 12:37 PM
Wasn't he discussed (unfavorably) in another thread recently?

Gray Peterson
08-22-2011, 12:54 PM
Anyone is better than Ross Mirkarimi.

BigDogatPlay
08-22-2011, 12:57 PM
While Gray, as usual, is spot on, I can't imagine any of the declared contenders in the race is going to by friendly toward LTC.

The logic, I'm sure, goes something like; why would anyone need a gun in San Francisco?

Untamed1972
08-22-2011, 1:03 PM
While Gray, as usual, is spot on, I can't imagine any of the declared contenders in the race is going to by friendly toward LTC.

The logic, I'm sure, goes something like; why would anyone need a gun in San Francisco?

Or anyone who was LTC friendly wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting elected.

Ubermcoupe
08-22-2011, 6:10 PM
Or anyone who was LTC friendly wouldn't have a snowball's change in hell of getting elected.
This :(

yellowfin
08-22-2011, 7:05 PM
Or anyone who was LTC friendly wouldn't have a snowball's change in hell of getting elected.When put that way, maybe not. Putting it another way, a pro civil rights sheriff may win.

gunsmith
08-22-2011, 8:06 PM
While Gray, as usual, is spot on,

You can pretty much count on that, years ago on the high road he was among the smartest legal thinkers/activist.

randian
08-23-2011, 12:03 AM
Or anyone who was LTC friendly wouldn't have a snowball's change in hell of getting elected.
Not if they didn't advertise the fact. It's not as if you'd want to advertise that fact, if you were running for office in SF. It's likely, though, that an LTC friendly sheriff has political views on other issues that would also make him unelectable in SF.

nicki
08-23-2011, 4:16 AM
Don't approach carry licenses from a gun rights position, approach it from a equal protection angle and the fact that if the sheriff does't make policies that comply with equal protections, the city is going to spending alot of money on lawsuits rather than needed social services.

Nicki

wildhawker
08-23-2011, 9:19 AM
Nicki, 2A is the hammer, not EP.

chiz
08-24-2011, 1:05 AM
My mom is actually friends with him. I asked her today if she knew but she didn't. She said that she will ask him for me when she sees him.