PDA

View Full Version : ideas for a small pamphlet to handout at C3 shoots.

bjl333
08-22-2011, 12:21 AM
I was talking to pennys dad (Jacob) the other day and we were tossing around some ideas. One of the ideas that came up was having a handout at shoots we promote. This pamphlet shouldn't be a in your face 2A type of deal. We were thinking about wording it more towards Civil Rights and I was thinking without too much of the =Gun Rights part, just a little bit.

I think this would appeal to the bigger public. When these shooters leave after a C3 shoot, they could talk to others in a milder tone about civil rights and not just 2A! This way we hopefully we could have more thinking about Civil Rights, then lead more into the 2A later. I hope I'm making sense here... I'm horrible at writing so give me some ideas please!

Kharn
08-22-2011, 2:44 AM
Why would NFA owners need educating about civil rights, that is a very tiny portion of the gun owners in CA, or do you mean something other than "Class 3" when you say "C3"?

voiceofreason
08-22-2011, 3:59 AM
I REALLY like the idea of framing the education of 2A from a civil rights perspective.

Would move past the "guns are bad" knee jerk reaction of some people.

Much less divisive for some anti-gun/potential 2A supporters.

I know anti-gun viewpoints CAN be turned around. Make your points clearly and consistently in a gentle manner. Over time, many anti-gun people around me have gone from anti - to respectful of other's choices - to pro 2A non-owners. 6 have run the spectrum from anti to owner. Let an anti shoot a .22 rifle with a red dot... it gets your foot in the door and plants a doorstop. I pay for range time and ammo the first time. Costs me $25-60 for the day, but converts people. Sometimes it takes years though.

Be polite, respectful and consistent. With knowledge and some life experience (their own or shared by people close to them), many antis can be brought into the light.

I view Brady supporters as people that close their eyes and cover their ears shouting "LA LA LA LA..." to reality.

The right to protect yourself and your loved ones (children for example) is a gentler transition into 2A for the average citizen than "We deserve to own/have/carry evil black military grade rifles that hold XXX rounds with a XXX rate of fire that can be reloaded in under X seconds that can mow down XXX enemies in XXX time..."

I like it.

wildhawker
08-22-2011, 7:43 AM
Civil rights is exactly correct; do be prepared, however, to offer a facts-based argument to those who request or require it.

-Brandon

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g178/wildhawker/62bf8346.jpg

bjl333
08-22-2011, 9:32 AM
Why would NFA owners need educating about civil rights, that is a very tiny portion of the gun owners in CA, or do you mean something other than "Class 3" when you say "C3"?

C3 shoots refers to the shooting events we organize, such as the upcoming LA Chapter (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=462660) shoot at Burbank or my own Skeet Clinic (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=329160) shoots & AndrewMendez's Super Secret Zombie Shoot (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=455559). There are attendees that are not up to date regarding ALL rights, not just guns. I think this would be a good time to have a small chat about this. I figure a small flyer to hand out & a small talk in these events would be good.

bjl333
08-22-2011, 9:35 AM
I REALLY like the idea of framing the education of 2A from a civil rights perspective.

Would move past the "guns are bad" knee jerk reaction of some people.

Much less divisive for some anti-gun/potential 2A supporters.

I know anti-gun viewpoints CAN be turned around. Make your points clearly and consistently in a gentle manner. Over time, many anti-gun people around me have gone from anti - to respectful of other's choices - to pro 2A non-owners. 6 have run the spectrum from anti to owner. Let an anti shoot a .22 rifle with a red dot... it gets your foot in the door and plants a doorstop. I pay for range time and ammo the first time. Costs me $25-60 for the day, but converts people. Sometimes it takes years though.

Be polite, respectful and consistent. With knowledge and some life experience (their own or shared by people close to them), many antis can be brought into the light.

I view Brady supporters as people that close their eyes and cover their ears shouting "LA LA LA LA..." to reality.

The right to protect yourself and your loved ones (children for example) is a gentler transition into 2A for the average citizen than "We deserve to own/have/carry evil black military grade rifles that hold XXX rounds with a XXX rate of fire that can be reloaded in under X seconds that can mow down XXX enemies in XXX time..."

I like it.

Civil rights is exactly correct; do be prepared, however, to offer a facts-based argument to those who request or require it.

-Brandon

Can you guys help with some wording? I am terrible at composing stuff!:D