PDA

View Full Version : Brutha with a gun on TV again/Bayview Sniper

1911_sfca
01-19-2007, 6:41 PM
It's that time again.. the annual 15 seconds of fame for our bay area's own Thug Against Guns.

On channel 5's 6-o'clock news, there was a report on someone shooting someone in the leg with a scoped high-power rifle. (We later learn this happened in the Bayview.. big surprise there.) Then they show an AR with detachable mag in a gun store (probably stock footage from SB-23 times).

Next, this gem from reporter Janet Yee:

Yee: Assault rifles -- they're hitting the streets in alarming numbers. Shawn Richards, founder of Bruthas Aginst Guns, is pretty clear where they're coming from.

Richards: All over. Different world countries. China, Phillipines, Mexico. They comin' in. And they comin' in off these tankers.

[cut to cargo tanker in SF Bay]

Yee: Tankers Richards can see from his Hunter's Point apartment. The projects, where doors are guarded with metal bars, windows boarded with plywood, and neighbors shoot neighbors.
[Is she TRYING to make people laugh with that comment?]
Yee: Yesterday, reportedly with a high-powered weapon.

Cheko Wells (of B.A.G.):The shooting..that happens, you know, folks with a high-powered rifle scoping down on each other, that's..that's a whole nother game. I'm like, whoah.

Then they cut to the gun-store scene of an AR with detachable 30-round mag and comment how these guns are in the hands of criminals for a couple hundred bucks in just a couple of hours.

And then this gem from Richards, the Bayview's role model for anti-gunners, in his message for kids:

Cuz at the end of the day, somebuddy's goin to jail and somebuddy's gonna be deyud, if they don' handle they bizness correctly.

Another piece of journalistic excellence from the local press. Woohoo.

theseacow
01-19-2007, 6:43 PM
fo rizzle

jumbopanda
01-19-2007, 6:51 PM
...mah nizzle.

Paul
01-19-2007, 7:07 PM
So following their logic ... if we have stiffer gun laws here preventing us from buying guns ... that will stop the guns coming over the border from The Phillipines, Mexico, and China?

pnkssbtz
01-19-2007, 7:50 PM
Woah, sign me up for a scoped AR for $200 bucks!! forget the 30rnd mag, I just want the scope and rifle for $200!!!!

The high powered rifle is probably just a .22lr KRINKER PLINKER with tasco sight.

12:13
01-19-2007, 7:58 PM
So did anybody catch the CBS 5 news at 6 pm regarding the "sniper" shooting in Hunterspoint? Give me a break! First they mentioned high powered rifles, show some dated footage of a guy behind the counter of a gunshop pulling an AR off the wall and loading a hi-cap mag. Then they mention the "sniper" was using a scoped rifle that just so happened to be an AK-47. To top it off, they interview some uninformed 'tard from "Brothers Against Guns" stating the guns are coming in from China, Philippines & Mexico.... OK guy, and your facts are coming from where?:mad:

M. Sage
01-19-2007, 8:00 PM
Link??

SemiAutoSam
01-19-2007, 8:00 PM
Was the reporter's name LEE ? if it's the same story someone else already posted about it this afternoon.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=46893

Bing
01-19-2007, 8:03 PM
If these folks are talking about high powered rifles from the Philippines then it must be one of these guys.

http://www.armscor.com.ph/autorifle.htm

12:13
01-19-2007, 8:06 PM
Oooops. Yup, that's the one.

Uberdummy
01-19-2007, 8:16 PM
Am I the only one that pictured the reporter from Family Guy doing this story?

jaymz
01-19-2007, 8:25 PM
If these folks are talking about high powered rifles from the Philippines then it must be one of these guys.

http://www.armscor.com.ph/autorifle.htm

I like how it says: Note: Actual products may not be similar to the pictures presented. down below the M-1600 pictures. :confused:

jaymz
01-19-2007, 8:25 PM

NOPE!!

Charliegone
01-19-2007, 8:27 PM

This is Trisha Takanawa reporting again...:D yeah...

m1371
01-19-2007, 8:29 PM
Woah, sign me up for a scoped AR for $200 bucks!! forget the 30rnd mag, I just want the scope and rifle for $200!!!!

The high powered rifle is probably just a .22lr KRINKER PLINKER with tasco sight.

Ah yes......

The evil KRINKER PLINKER

Weapon of choice for all thugs, gangbangers, gangsters and professional gov't assassins. :eek:

Aluisious
01-19-2007, 8:30 PM
I like how it says: Note: Actual products may not be similar to the pictures presented. down below the M-1600 pictures. :confused:
I like how the M-1600 looks like the Down Syndrome offspring of an AR-15.

jerryg1776
01-19-2007, 8:30 PM
So following their logic ... if we have stiffer gun laws here preventing us from buying guns ... that will stop the guns coming over the border from The Phillipines, Mexico, and China?

Hey isnt that the same logic that Mexico is using... om my bay. ig they had stiffer gun laws we wouldnt have problems here. that was it. Its their fauly we have these weapons here. I think our govt should work on their gun control laws and leave us alone. HAHAHAH

Charliegone
01-19-2007, 8:31 PM
So did anybody catch the CBS 5 news at 6 pm regarding the "sniper" shooting in Hunterspoint? Give me a break! First they mentioned high powered rifles, show some dated footage of a guy behind the counter of a gunshop pulling an AR off the wall and loading a hi-cap mag. Then they mention the "sniper" was using a scoped rifle that just so happened to be an AK-47. To top it off, they interview some uninformed 'tard from "Brothers Against Guns" stating the guns are coming in from China, Philippines & Mexico.... OK guy, and your facts are coming from where?:mad:

Sniping with an ak? Thats a first....

M. Sage
01-19-2007, 10:06 PM
Lol, the guns are coming off TANKERS?! How much crack did that guy smoke before the interview?

M. Sage
01-19-2007, 10:24 PM
Sniping with an ak? Thats a first....

Lol - "Are they shooting at ME? I can't tell..."

dwtt
01-19-2007, 10:32 PM
If anyone is going to the Cow Palace gun show this weekend, swing by the Hunter's Point neighborhood and see how run down the place is. Also, if you don't want to drive as far, just go to the projects near the Cow Palace, just a block or two away. It's so pathetic when people blame guns for their own problems with drugs, gangs, and crime.

ARRRR-15
01-19-2007, 11:16 PM
These guns aren't even coming from the tankers they are coming from the back of our elite LEO's cars. It seems lately it's a lot easier to get one this way.:D

phish
01-19-2007, 11:17 PM
Didn't the female sniper from FMJ use a a scoped AK? :p

Charliegone
01-19-2007, 11:48 PM
These guns aren't even coming from the tankers they are coming from the back of our elite LEO's cars. It seems lately it's a lot easier to get one this way.:D

Yup I heard that to from some of my dads LEO friends. Some even break into the SWAT trucks! mp5s, ar's in full-auto @ your local SWAT truck.:rolleyes:

CALI-gula
01-20-2007, 12:21 AM
Lol, the guns are coming off TANKERS?! How much crack did that guy smoke before the interview?

Of course! It's where all those shortened Garands are coming from, since they never existed or were ever actually used in service.

So NOW we know where Tanker Garands come from.

ldivinag
01-20-2007, 2:12 AM
Didn't the female sniper from FMJ use a a scoped AK? :p

coulda been an SVD...

ghostrider4evr
01-21-2007, 4:20 PM

You mean Ali Williams?:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElPG1fzEUK4

madjack956
01-21-2007, 4:37 PM
Wasn't Mexico just bitchin' the other day, that they had a gun problem because guns were being smuggled from the U.S. to Mexico. Now 2 days later it's the other way around?

Boomer1961
01-21-2007, 10:55 PM
Dang you guys,

Don't you know that York hired a bunch of wannabe 49ers to stand on the grassy knoll where they would not be noticed/seen, promising them a starting job on next years team, and all they have to do is drive out the natives from hunters point so they can build a new stadium.

Just like the old days, like Quigley down under....

And to throw LE off the scent they hired Yee to point towards the evil oil tankers bringing in all that evil, yucky, greenhouse making, and most importantly twice as expensive oil in those big evil oil tankers.

I heard the truth is that the now cheap widescreen high definition TV's are being sold below cost to Americans and that the Chinese are making their money in smuggling weapons inside those TV's that are then sold to the militia's of the American Nobility like Kennedy and Clinton who use them to control the unwashed masses and to cover up their crimes they have the militia member toss their weapon at the feet of a local native so the police will then blame them as another gang member shooting.

I do sincerely wish the media would not be so lazy and actually spend some time in the field investigating and finding the truth out and reporting what the Democratic party is up to with their gun smuggling in our widescreen TV's conspiracy, then again they are probably paid off to blame it on a right wing dixie flag waiving cook who married his cousin from kentucky.

Funny thing is I heard the George Dubya Junior the 2nd is having Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff personally swapping out those AK's with copycat airsoft weapons because he and his brother Jeb own stock in airsoft, and that also explains why gunshows do not sell guns but airsoft now.

chiefcrash
01-22-2007, 8:20 AM

Ollie Williams: "HE'S GONNA GIT IT!"