PDA

View Full Version : Socom II Optic Mounts

MrExel17
08-20-2011, 6:38 PM
So I almost have enough cash to break my Socom II (w/Vltor rail)out of jail, in the mean time I'm researching and figuring out my plans for optics. Ideally I would be happy to get my hands on a Extended Cluster rail but seem to not find one.

Was wondering if any owners can help me out or point me to the right direction with websites or even recommendations?

Option#1
1. Any of you know where I can buy the extended cluster rail that extended back to the rear sights.

Option#2
2. I know varies companies make side mounts for optics, if I go this route can I overlap the mount with the Vltor rail? Or will it require me to remove the rail to accommodate the side mount?

Option#3
Any feedback, recommendations, would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Edit/Delete Message

Philbilly
08-24-2011, 1:50 PM
Does your rail extend all the way back to the stripper clip guide. If so you have alot more options. If it stops short you are, for the most part, limited to long eye relief or scout/handgun type optics. Or a red dot. I always thought that the Vortex RDS's were a good value. I also just saw Aimpoint CompM4s advertised for < 5 hundy. A google search for Socom2 optics will provide tons of links to discussions on the subject. Its apparently a very common question. My Socom has the biggest smile factor of anything in my safe:D..... Good luck and post back with whatever you decide.

epilepticninja
08-25-2011, 8:57 PM
The SOCOM II's are awesome. Enjoy.

Derrick P.
08-27-2011, 2:11 PM
I just got a Vortex SPARC and it comes with a 2x magnifier and looks and feels great. They are oon sale at Turners for $199.99 which i thought is a good deal and i also have the SOCOM II with the regular cluster system....:D