PDA

View Full Version : 7 month CCW renewal wait Fresno County

vantec08
08-20-2011, 2:17 AM
http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=news/local&id=8317017

To the County's credit, the need for self-protection qualifies.

Blackhawk556
08-20-2011, 2:49 AM
Well at least they issue. Others don't even bother

Anchors
08-20-2011, 2:59 AM
Still unacceptable unless they're mailing out renewals seven months before they expire.

G60
08-20-2011, 8:37 AM
"I'd much rather have law-abiding citizens armed because our bad guys certainly are," Mims said.

Hear that, Kings County?

7 months is excessive, what, are they doing the background check and determination of good cause/moral character all over again for renewals?

Kid Stanislaus
08-20-2011, 8:47 AM
http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=news/local&id=8317017

To the County's credit, the need for self-protection qualifies.

We are currently using LTC. CCW is so, well, 2010!:D

jamesob
08-20-2011, 10:52 AM
I just renewed mine in Tulare co. Walked in and 10 min. Later it was done.

Gray Peterson
08-20-2011, 12:54 PM

You see, this is why I do not believe the reason for their delays. If they are taking 7 months, they're doing it the wrong. Since Livescan, there is no reason for it to be taking this wrong unless they are excessively doting over each application, which is what I suspect they are doing.

ccmc
08-20-2011, 1:13 PM

10 minutes is pretty fast anywhere.

Fjold
08-20-2011, 1:23 PM
10 minutes is pretty fast anywhere.

Except for the re-training class, it's about par for Kern county.

ccmc
08-20-2011, 1:28 PM
Except for the re-training class, it's about par for Kern county.

What's re-training? A refresher course on state firearms law plus requalifying with your firearms?

Gray Peterson
08-20-2011, 1:54 PM
What's re-training? A refresher course on state firearms law plus requalifying with your firearms?

There is no qualification requirement for firearms per se in law. The statute says that any renewal course must be at least 4 hours long.

peterabbits
08-20-2011, 2:39 PM
I interpreted this differently. It's taking seven months because he forgot to renew and let it expire. Seven months is current wait for new licenses.

Still unacceptable unless they're mailing out renewals seven months before they expire.

They don't mail out notices at all - it's our responsibility to know when it expires and renew before then.

jamesob
08-20-2011, 9:57 PM
You see, this is why I do not believe the reason for their delays. If they are taking 7 months, they're doing it the wrong. Since Livescan, there is no reason for it to be taking this wrong unless they are excessively doting over each application, which is what I suspect they are doing.

For renewals in t.c there is no livescan involved, just fill out some paper while they fill out your new permit. Oh and give the state 54 bucks and the county 15

Trailboss60
08-20-2011, 10:21 PM
Fresno County is getting armed as the number of concealed weapons permits is rising drastically.

No media bias here folks!http://www.covertconservatives.com/phpbb3/images/smilies/whistle.gif

Definition of DRASTIC
1: acting rapidly or violently <a drastic purgative>
2: extreme in effect or action : severe

559luke
08-21-2011, 6:23 AM
How long is the current wait for new applications?

I'm a resident of the city of Fresno. The article says that the PD also issues, but do they have the same policy issuing for self protection that the Sheriff does?

peterabbits
08-21-2011, 10:50 AM
City is a much shorter wait - like maybe a month I believe. Sheriff is actually encouraging people to go to city if they can. Biggest difference is the 8 hr course instead of 6 and I believe the city only let's you list 3 guns on your permit - sheriff let's you list 4.

559luke
08-21-2011, 2:13 PM
Thanks.

ETD1010
08-21-2011, 2:36 PM
Ventura Country requires filing a new application for renewal. i thought that was a bit odd.

wildhawker
08-21-2011, 3:57 PM
Ventura Country requires filing a new application for renewal. i thought that was a bit odd.

It's also improper.

ETD1010
08-21-2011, 8:17 PM
It's also improper.

I asked how it was a renewal if I was applying all over again and they told me it's just how they do it. I'd get a phone interview, and it would go from there. I hope they don't take forever, since my renewal will be needed in 2 months at this point.

wildhawker
08-21-2011, 8:55 PM
I asked how it was a renewal if I was applying all over again and they told me it's just how they do it. I'd get a phone interview, and it would go from there. I hope they don't take forever, since my renewal will be needed in 2 months at this point.

Cite them this:

(b) However, if the license applicant has previously applied to
the same licensing authority for a license to carry firearms pursuant
to Section 12050 and the applicant's fingerprints and fee have been
previously forwarded to the Department of Justice, as provided by
this section, the licensing authority shall note the previous
identification numbers and other data that would provide positive
identification in the files of the Department of Justice on the copy
of any subsequent license submitted to the department in conformance
with Section 12053 and no additional application form or fingerprints
shall be required.

jamesob
08-21-2011, 8:58 PM
Cite them this:

that should shut them up.

greasemonkey
08-22-2011, 7:18 AM
that should shut them up.
Most of us would like to think so, I have a feeling V.C. won't be shutting up until a judge REQUIRES them to, again. I am interested to see their reply to your query, though, in writing :)