PDA

View Full Version : Glock 17L

Vegas-Shooter
08-19-2011, 10:27 PM
I live in Vegas and currently own no handguns on the CA roster to bring on my trips to CA. My S&W M&Ps are both Pro Series so they can fire without a mag.

The easiest solution I see is putting a Glock 17 slide on my 17L. Does anyone know if a Lone Wolf slide is legal or do I have to get a Glock OEM?

Thanks!

MA2
08-19-2011, 10:37 PM
The roster is only for buying a pistol in the state.
Also, do not transport any assembled magazines, that can hold 10+ rounds past the border.
Oh, if you have a ccw, CA does not recognizes it.

welcome, n'joy your stay & pics please :)

Vegas-Shooter
08-20-2011, 12:30 AM
The roster is only for buying a pistol in the state.
Also, do not transport any assembled magazines, that can hold 10+ rounds past the border.
Oh, if you have a ccw, CA does not recognizes it.

welcome, n'joy your stay & pics please :)

Thanks,
Here is my Glock 24. It's a crummy pic. My 17L is being shipped to my FFL in a week or so. Long slide addiction :)

http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu342/chadinvegas/Glock241.jpg

HighLander51
08-20-2011, 6:16 AM
I live in Vegas and currently own no handguns on the CA roster to bring on my trips to CA. My S&W M&Ps are both Pro Series so they can fire without a mag.

The easiest solution I see is putting a Glock 17 slide on my 17L. Does anyone know if a Lone Wolf slide is legal or do I have to get a Glock OEM?

Thanks!

You are not a resident of California, the DOJ list has nothing to do with you. You can bring your original capacity magazines into, and out of California, just don't offer them for sale.

Zesty
08-20-2011, 6:51 AM
^I may be wrong, but I don't believe he can bring the standard capacity mags with him, unless they are broken down into kits and not assembled in this state. You are describing importation, IMHO, which is illegal and possible felony as far as I know...but it is early so I could very well be totally wrong haha.

Vegas-Shooter
08-20-2011, 7:54 AM
^I may be wrong, but I don't believe he can bring the standard capacity mags with him, unless they are broken down into kits and not assembled in this state. You are describing importation, IMHO, which is illegal and possible felony as far as I know...but it is early so I could very well be totally wrong haha.

I think your right. I have to buy some 10 rounders.

PlacerTactical
08-20-2011, 9:06 AM
You are not a resident of California, the DOJ list has nothing to do with you. You can bring your original capacity magazines into, and out of California, just don't offer them for sale.

Wrong, importation is illegal.

Large Capacity Firearms Magazines
Effective January 1, 2000, the manufacture, importation, sale, or
transfer of any large capacity firearms magazine, except to specifically
designated parties and under specified conditions, will be prohibited by
law. Possession of large capacity magazines is not restricted by this
law. All applicable federal laws and regulations regarding large
capacity magazines remain in force and must continue to be observed.