PDA

View Full Version : Who does guided Cali pig hunts?

anotherone
01-18-2007, 11:49 PM
I think I recall a previous thread mentioning there was a pig hunt somewhere near Kern county that was just $250. Where is this place and where else can someone kill a pig for less than $500 in Cali?

Sydwaiz
01-19-2007, 6:14 AM
I'd like to know too. Are you thinking of Tejon ranch? I think killing the piggy is the cheap part. Gaining access to land, paying a guide, and having it dressed is the expensive part.

C.G.
01-19-2007, 11:55 AM
These guys were listed in the new Fishing & Hunting News. Have no idea whether they are any good:
http://nativehunt.com/index.html

jemaddux
01-19-2007, 5:09 PM
I'd like to know too. Are you thinking of Tejon ranch? I think killing the piggy is the cheap part. Gaining access to land, paying a guide, and having it dressed is the expensive part.

Tejon's guided hunt is about $900 for I think it was three days of hunting. I few of the other ranches offer non-guided hunts for around $500. The only one I know that is cheaper is the Big Horn Ranch but their pigs are farrel pigs that are pretty slow and pretty easy to kill.

anotherone
01-19-2007, 5:52 PM
I don't need to have the pig dressed or cleaned, I do all my own dressing and cleaning (I have a cleaning station I built outside the house in response to my wife's fury over dead animals in the kitchen). I simply need affordable access to private land and a few tips on where the pigs are on said land i.e. they usually like to hand by the creek but are sometimes wallowing by the pond.

Anyhow duck season's almost over and I've still got one more pig tag to fill so I better do it quickly!

Vepr62
01-19-2007, 6:19 PM
If you could drive to Clear Lake, Mike Boyle is your man. His property is on North Cow Mountai, and one day guided hunt is $350 for one pig, and includes field dressing. He has like 99% success rate. Call him at: 707-275-2847, or 707-275-9566. Here is a link to his web site: http://www.pigpointranch.com/index.htm

Good hunting.

Vasiliy

Vigilante
01-19-2007, 9:44 PM
I think I recall a previous thread mentioning there was a pig hunt somewhere near Kern county that was just $250.
I think that that was the Twissleman (sp?) ranch here in SLO county.

lonewolf
01-20-2007, 12:46 PM
>>>