View Full Version : 10/22, bull barrel,sling, scope, acceptable ?
08-19-2011, 4:48 PM
Is a 10/22, 16" bull barrel, sling, scope, etc. acceptable at the Appleseed.
It's a perfectly reasonable setup.
08-19-2011, 8:30 PM
One of the best. Even better if your sling can make a loop sling, and your scope is / can be set to moderate power (3-4x). Also I recommend a total of 5 magazines. Sounds like you're well prepared.
08-22-2011, 3:30 PM
I shot rifleman on my first 'seed with a setup like that (I'm Nero on the AS board). A few suggestions:
- If your 10/22 doesn't have the extended mag release, get one.
- Work on any sticky mags so they drop free easily (a little fine grit sandpaper).
- Mark your mags so you can tell them apart at a glance. (Even better to have a mix of the black and clear ones.)
- If you haven't cleaned mags out lately, tear them down and do so, then test before the shoot. Ditto strip and clean the action, and retest. Nothing more annoying than losing out to malfs when you're doing your job.
- If you haven't already, run some ammo tests to find what yours likes, accuracy can vary significantly among loads and particular 10/22s. Mine likes the lightest load that will cycle the action reliably - Wolf MT. YMMV.
Speaking of which, even if you don't want to tear down the mags the outsides can get sticky/nasty and wiping them down can help them drop free. I've also noticed that some Ruger stocks can be quite rough on the inside, and sanding the inside of the stock where it rubs the magazines can help a great deal as well.
09-02-2011, 7:11 PM
Might want to try either those 10 round Hot Lips extended curved magazines, or a magazine coupler for standard ruger mags for faster reloads.
vBulletin® v3.8.9, Copyright ©2000-2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.