PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for a Scope (Remington 700)

MKUltra
08-19-2011, 8:55 AM
I am looking for recommendations for a scope to put on my Remington 700. It has a AICS stock if this matters with the scope rail. My budget only allows me to go up to $600 so that is what I have to work with. This will mainly be used at the range and maybe some hunting. I do not have any ideas so all suggestions welcomed as I can read up on them.

BC9696
08-19-2011, 9:16 AM
Look at Hawkes...can't beat em for the money, compare w/ Leupold and Nikon. Amazing quality.

HK Dave
08-19-2011, 10:14 AM
SWFA SS 3-9x at $600 is impossible to beat.

brando
08-19-2011, 3:21 PM
Actually, you can beat it up pretty easy - they are far from bomb-proof like USO ;)

stockranger
08-19-2011, 6:09 PM
sightron big sky 3-12x42 the right power range for hunting and range with great glass. Its also very light weight for its size.

Coyotegunner
08-20-2011, 10:14 AM
I use prefer Burris Euro Diamond,Burris Signature,Zeiss Conquest,Leupold VX3.At least for hunting.Tags and time are hard to get.These are the clearest for the price range you are looking at I have found.

uscbigdawg
08-20-2011, 3:20 PM
On my Remington 700 SPS-V in 308 that I used last at the Allegheny Sniper Challenge I have a Leupold Mk4 LR/T 4.5-14x40 with the TMR reticle. It's sweet for a SFP scope and MOA adjustments. Under $1k from the Custom Shop and lives happily on EGW base & rings (which I'll put up against ANYONE else's stuff since George and team machine the rings and bases for others that often say they do their own).

As great as this scope is and outlasted and outperformed in the weather of West Virginia better than a lot of bigger named scope and kit. All that aside, on my 7WSM built by John Whidden, it's going to get a Vortex PST 6.5-20x MOA/MOA again on EGW base & rings. I love Vortex as their glass is better than Leupold, price point is right, they support the shooting sports and Scott (the owner) is a SUPER nice guy that stands behind their product.

I get all my glass from CS Tactical (http://www.cstactical.com/) as Mike really is a straight up and honest guy to buy from. Plus, he's a Calgunner and we have to try and keep California money within California. If we don't....well...we all fail. The only other scopes that I was looking at are a NF 5.5-22x50 and a Premier. The NF is not that bad on the price, but the Premier scope I'm looking at is a coin saver upper (it's a technical term).

Rich

Hunt
08-21-2011, 4:31 PM
not sure what you will be using it for, or the caliber of rifle? If you are using it for hunting the Zeiss Conquest 3x9x40 is imo the best bang for the buck in this class and use, they can be had new for $400.00 and they come with a transferrable lifetime warranty.

MKUltra
08-23-2011, 11:56 PM
not sure what you will be using it for, or the caliber of rifle? If you are using it for hunting the Zeiss Conquest 3x9x40 is imo the best bang for the buck in this class and use, they can be had new for $400.00 and they come with a transferrable lifetime warranty.

Thanks for all the ınput guys. I should have mentıoned that ıt ıs a .308. I wıll look ınto all the brands that were mentıoned.

angrypeccary
08-24-2011, 12:30 AM
for the range and hunting try the millet lrs-1 its around 400 bucks and the reviews said its as good as leupold mark 4

Hoop
08-24-2011, 10:08 AM
Find a deal on a used Bushnell 3-12 FFP or maybe a Super Sniper 10X HD. Should be in the 600 buck range.