PDA

View Full Version : Enfield No4 Mk1 - BU195xx

D-Man
08-18-2011, 5:49 PM
I finally used my C&R for my first C&R Rifle yesterday. So nice to walk in, pay cash, and walk out with the rifle 15 minutes later. Curious if anyone knows further about this model as I have not seen many of them like this before. Serial number is BU195xx and it is stamped 1944 and No4 Mk1 is stamped on the receiver as well. The barrel is 21.5" long for an overall length of 42". At some point I want to mount a low power scope to this puppy and use it for a truck gun. The bore was dark, but that cleaned up real quick with some FrogLube and the rifling was still sharp and shows no real signs of throat erosion at all. Going to be a fun rifle to shoot and I am already compiling my reloading data and looking for brass.

mosinnagantm9130
08-18-2011, 9:54 PM
It's a no.4 that's been sporterized. A complete original would look like these:
http://www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/britkit/weapons/images/No4.jpg

D-Man
08-19-2011, 6:58 AM
The shorter barrel surprised me. Did the manufacturer do the sporterizing of the firearm? There are a bunch of markings on the barrel, just trying to figure out more information about the firearm.

mosinnagantm9130
08-19-2011, 10:38 PM
The shorter barrel surprised me. Did the manufacturer do the sporterizing of the firearm? There are a bunch of markings on the barrel, just trying to figure out more information about the firearm.

I doubt it. It's more likely that either the importer did it, or a previous owner did it.