PDA

View Full Version : Need some suggestions for scope ring

Shellshocker66
08-18-2011, 7:46 AM
Hello all!

OK so I purchased a Vortex Strikefire red dot with high mount rings. Now the scope is nice and bright and I love the eye relief. But I have a few problems that all seem to be related to the mounting ring that came with the red dot. After 25 shots I have the screws attaching the red dot to the ring fall out. I know I could try some blue loctite but in this case I think that the holes are just a tad too big and even loctite would not help.

I'm going to call Vortex when I get home today later, but I don't know if they make the ring or if it was added by opticsplanet.

I'm looking for suggestions for a single wide high mount ring that would work better then the one provided just in case its not a Vortex product. Even if it is the ring seems kinda blah and thinking of maybe finding one with a quick release.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

ejhc11
08-18-2011, 9:48 AM
Primary Arms has what you need.

http://www.primaryarms.com/product.sc?productId=582&categoryId=220

Shellshocker66
08-18-2011, 3:54 PM
Thank you for the suggestion!

HeHateMe
08-26-2011, 2:49 PM
Maybe a few layers of teflon tape around the screws?

Shellshocker66
08-26-2011, 4:21 PM
Update, I actually called Vortex and it's their product so they have it right now and probably going to replace it.

If it comes back the same I will try some teflon but I know one of the holes it would not of worked on as that was a way out of spec hole. I will probably wind up replacing the whole mount but thought I would give them a try at the company first.