View Full Version : WTB 9mm handgun that resembles a currently used Law enforcment handgun *Bay Area

08-17-2011, 4:28 PM
I am going in to the police force so I was looking in to get a 9mm handgun that I can practice with to make sure I am ready for everything and to help get comfortable using the gun I am looking for something like a Glock 17 or 19. Just let me know what you have. Ethier reply in here or send me a pm Thanks.

08-17-2011, 4:33 PM
If you get hired on by an agency, they will usually issue a gun. Along with that, you will get outstanding firearms training. You are better off not knowing anything about shooting and let the instructors show you the way instead of taking bad habits with you. Just my two cents, and good luck!

08-17-2011, 4:56 PM
Yea i know, but I personally have never even handles an actual handgun. I worked a lot with airsoft handguns but no real handguns I just want to get use to the way they feel and shoot and just learn basics like dis asemble and cleaning and stuff like that. I know i will go through the correct training by them but it would be nice to go in with atleast a little knowledge about how to use them. Plus since I am already a security dispatcher right now i was also going to look in to getting my armed guard card in which i need my own handgun for

HatersLOVEme : )
08-18-2011, 2:16 PM
You really might want to do some research and read up on the firearm your interested in and local laws etc. etc. before asking in a open forum to buy a rare and fully automatic weapon totally illegal in the state of CA. like a Glock model 18 just food for thought bro lack of knowledge of the law on your part won't keep your butt out of jail and is a bad way to start off in any type of enforcement related field that deals with firearms public or private you almost just ended your career before it even started .

08-18-2011, 4:08 PM
Haters is right. Take the advice from this forum, it should set you "straight"

08-19-2011, 5:03 PM