PDA

View Full Version : The 2011 CRPA/NRA/CGN membership "Freedom" drive?

mag360
08-17-2011, 3:07 PM
I'd like to help out with a project. After listening to all the good things spoken about in Murphy's, including time at the Ron Paul party house, one of the most important topics that kept coming up was putting a good image out of the 2A groups, and getting newcomers involved in actually fighting for 2A rights.

Recently I ran into a friend from college, lets call him "Iggy" , come to find out he's longtime gun owner. He didn't have a clue about any of the anti gun legislation, or why he was able to apply for a Sacramento carry license. So I filled him in.

So how many more Iggy's are out there? A lot. We are just the tiniest percentage of gun owners that happen to make a lot of noise. Like all movements, we need more people. BUT NOT just more people, we need more people like US. The ones that read and follow the politics, call the staffers, call the legislators, write to the papers, show up at town halls, etc.

What would need to be done to get a "booth" (I use it loosely because all I'd really need is a CGN/NRA/CRPA banner and canopy) staffed with a couple CRPA/NRA/CGN members set up outside a few gun stores a week in this state.

I can help out in the Sac area, preferably stores nearby like River City Gun Exchange, The Gun Room, Just Guns, etc.

Ideally this could evolve to be a continually cycling group of people where at it's peak would theoretically have contacted each and every customer of a gun store at least once.

We have several things on our side:

1. Most importantly, we practice our rights! Everyone heads to their LGS (local gun store) when it's time for a first, second, fifth gun, ammo, cleaning, etc.

That is a forced audience. They have to come.

2. the anti's don't have this ability.

3. We are right, and we are winning!

Lets Roll!

:80:

mag360
08-17-2011, 3:31 PM
My questions to CGN members are, who would be interested in helping out, and who would be interested in donating $ to Calguns Foundation so we can get some nice flyers going or at least business cards. These can be setup at the checkout register of every gun store. Start simple and build up from there.

Also, add your own ideas. This is open source, grassroots at its finest.

wildhawker
08-17-2011, 3:38 PM
I would suggest that you and other volunteers contact 'greasemonkey' here at CGN, who is heading up a a CGF initiative similar to what you mention that you might be interested in.

-Brandon

My questions to CGN members are, who would be interested in helping out, and who would be interested in donating $ to Calguns Foundation so we can get some nice flyers going or at least business cards. These can be setup at the checkout register of every gun store. Start simple and build up from there.

Also, add your own ideas. This is open source, grassroots at its finest.