PDA

View Full Version : Saiga newbie question #2 adding AFG

sig808
08-17-2011, 10:52 AM
My first saga 7.62 is on it's way. I plan on keeping everything stock but wanted to add a bottom pic rail to the handguard and add a magpull afg2...again...keeping everything else stock. I Looked at the flowchart I think I'm ok right?

ke6guj
08-17-2011, 11:34 AM
it depends on whether or not the DA considers the AFG to be a pistol grip.

12276.1. (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:
(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(F) A forward pistol grip.

NytWolf
08-17-2011, 11:42 AM
AFG is not a pistol grip. There was a post somewhere with that info. You just have to search.

stix213
08-17-2011, 11:48 AM
AFG is not a pistol grip. There was a post somewhere with that info. You just have to search.

BATFE has determined it not to be a forward pistol grip, which is helpful for bullet button AR pistol builds (since CA itself has no law against them on BB'd pistols).

CA DOJ and the CA court system have made no such determination, and are not obligated to follow the BATFE opinion when interpreting CA PC 12276.1. Featureless semi-auto centerfire rifles should avoid the AFG, unless you have $20k+ set aside for legal fees, and are willing to risk wobbler felony charges just to have the AFG.