View Full Version : finally did a KISS build

08-16-2011, 8:16 PM
after many mall ninja builds I went ahead and did a KISS build. well..... KISS when compared to my others:

08-16-2011, 8:22 PM
trade that flip up for a CH or LMT BUIS and you are done. The fewest moving parts wins.

Nice rifle no matter what you do.

08-16-2011, 8:22 PM
KISS is the best way to be. :D Looks awesome by the way.

08-16-2011, 8:42 PM
plan on putting a dot on it so kind of wanted to keep the rear folding. Really am curious as to how this barrel that spikes is getting from FN will work out. trust me a dot is the only other thing this will get.like i said KISS compared to my others lol!

08-17-2011, 1:26 AM
I too have a KISS AR. Since rails are so popular I had to buck the trend and be "different".

08-17-2011, 2:42 AM
I've been kicking the idea around building something light and simple, but everytime I start looking for parts, I end up buying stuff that isn't simple, and is definately stupid. I've got a completed lower with a custom cut light-weight barrel waiting for the build. I sometimes wonder if my girlfriend is planning an intervention when these packages show up at home.

08-17-2011, 5:15 AM
simple enough, i agree with diesel a fixed rear sight or even a carry handle and it's a k.i.s.s.
good work.

08-17-2011, 8:49 PM
yeah i wasnt really planning on building another rifle this year but then aim got their exclusive uppers from spikes and i went ahead with the purchase. really liking the weight will be a lot more fun for desert shoots.