PDA

View Full Version : Huh? What up w/Nodak

xrMike
01-17-2007, 3:17 PM
I sent the following mail to nodakspud earlier today --

Hi there,

I'd like to buy one of your NDS-3 receivers, and I was wondering if you have a list of FFL's that you can ship to in the San Jose, California area.

I guess what I'm getting at is ==> Do I need to tell you my FFL in advance, or do you have a list of local people, and I pick one from your list?

Thanks very much,

--Mike

and this was the reply:

Mike:

Unfortunately for you, the CA dealers in your area have asked us not to refer customers to them.

My suggestion is to ask the question on calguns.net.

Thanks.

Harlan
NoDak Spud LLC

------------------------------

Huh? How do you get an AK receiver from these guys then?

sintax
01-17-2007, 3:34 PM
Thats a fair and honest response. He is doing the proper thing and pointing you in the right direction and not upsetting any FFLs.

What you need to do is secure your own FFL and then contact him via mail with a copy of your FFL's cert, and a US Postal Service Money Order. I've gotten 4 different receivers from them this way.

Harbinger
01-17-2007, 3:34 PM
I know it's a bit of a drive, but DROS it at Outdoor World in Capitola. They're on file with NodakSpud and are Off-List friendly. :D

ETA: I've done the DROS for two AK-style receivers there.

Mike

PanzerAce
01-17-2007, 3:35 PM
pretty awesome that they refer people here now :D

NeoWeird
01-17-2007, 3:52 PM
I LIKE that. Think about it, the DOJ calls to find out what FFLs to harass and they basically tell them to do the leg work themselves. It's not like it's that hard to find that information out here, but it's nice to know they aren't making it easier.

What I usually do is ask if they have the FFL I plan on using on file and if they do they will tell you, and if not you let your FFL to send it in; either way everything works out nicely.

morepoop4u
01-17-2007, 4:31 PM
Mike PM me if you still need a FFL in san jose.

ghostrider4evr
01-17-2007, 4:39 PM
When these NDS receivers first started trickling through, someone from Nodak posted the info for a local FFL here and was asked to take the info down. Since then they suggest that you obtain your FFL before ordering from them, which I also believe is honest and respectful of them. I can also point you in the direction of a San Jose FFL if you need one.

xrMike
01-17-2007, 7:06 PM
Thanks for the background info guys. I was a little confused about their response, but it makes more sense now. PMs sent.

Santa Cruz Armory
01-17-2007, 8:21 PM
I know it's a bit of a drive, but DROS it at Outdoor World in Capitola. They're on file with NodakSpud and are Off-List friendly. :D

ETA: I've done the DROS for two AK-style receivers there.

Mike

+1 I've DROS'd about 12 there :D