PDA

View Full Version : felone

ray san jose
08-16-2011, 6:11 PM
my son is convicted of a felony vandalism, can he live here because I have guns locked in liberty safe without his abilty to see or touch any of the guns.

you can send a reply to raysn@msn.com if you want to

rgray
08-16-2011, 6:14 PM
As long as he has no access to firearms AND ammo locked inside your safe, you/he should be good.

ray san jose
08-16-2011, 6:23 PM
thank you

HowardW56
08-16-2011, 6:29 PM
You don't say if he is on parole or probation...

Thate could toss a wrench in the answer... If he has completed his parole or probation, as long as he has no access he should be OK...

wash
08-16-2011, 6:38 PM
You may want to contact Donald Kilmer. He is a family law attorney as well as a gun rights litigator so he can give you the definitive answer.

Don't take any chances and use some tough love if your son's crimes are going to impact your freedoms.

HowardW56
08-16-2011, 6:47 PM
You may want to contact Donald Kilmer. He is a family law attorney as well as a gun rights litigator so he can give you the definitive answer.

Don't take any chances and use some tough love if your son's crimes are going to impact your freedoms.

No doubt he would be the expert to consult...

radioman
08-16-2011, 10:02 PM
If he did his time in county jail he can go back to court for PC 17b and 1204, that will put an end to his felony. BUT before you tell him this good news, ask yourself, does he have his act together??? the public defender may help him with it.

ke6guj
08-17-2011, 9:33 AM
my son is convicted of a felony vandalism, can he live here because I have guns locked in liberty safe without his abilty to see or touch any of the guns.

you can send a reply to raysn@msn.com if you want to

unfortunately, it may depend on what your son's parole officer says (if he is currently on parole/probabtion). A friend of mine ran into this situation when his girlfriend was getting out of prison. He asked the PO if he could lock the guns in a safe in his brother's room (the two brothers lived in the house and the GF was moving in with them). The PO said it would probably be ok, but she would need to see how it was locked up. the PO did a pre-release walkthrough of his house and saw the two safes with probably 50+ rifles and handguns and said "ah, HELL NO!! If she stays here, I'll violate her in a second". The safes had to be moved to the GF's parents' garage to satisfy the PO, even though the GF visited her parents all the time.

Glock22Fan
08-17-2011, 10:55 AM
unfortunately, it may depend on what your son's parole officer says (if he is currently on parole/probabtion). A friend of mine ran into this situation when his girlfriend was getting out of prison. He asked the PO if he could lock the guns in a safe in his brother's room (the two brothers lived in the house and the GF was moving in with them). The PO said it would probably be ok, but she would need to see how it was locked up. the PO did a pre-release walkthrough of his house and saw the two safes with probably 50+ rifles and handguns and said "ah, HELL NO!! If she stays here, I'll violate her in a second". The safes had to be moved to the GF's parents' garage to satisfy the PO, even though the GF visited her parents all the time.

I would not move two safes full of firearms to any of my wife's family's houses, let alone a G/F's.

Any kind of rift and you might have a pile of trouble getting them back.

mag360
08-17-2011, 11:10 AM

time for your friend to find a new girlfriend. "50 + rifles and handguns" in a safe at the parents house of a girlfriend on parole? sounds about as stable as a drunk jenga tower at 3am.

bwiese
08-17-2011, 11:25 AM
time for your friend to find a new girlfriend. "50 + rifles and handguns" in a safe at the parents house of a girlfriend on parole? sounds about as stable as a drunk jenga tower at 3am.

^---< Sigworthy!

bwiese
08-17-2011, 11:27 AM
If he did his time in county jail he can go back to court for PC 17b and 1204, that will put an end to his felony. BUT before you tell him this good news, ask yourself, does he have his act together??? the public defender may help him with it.

Radioman,

This may or may not be true. Some charges indeed are wobblers that are fixable down to a nonfelony.

But if it was a straight felony charge (say, Vandalism 1 or whatever) that might not be 'wobbleable'.

ke6guj
08-17-2011, 11:32 AM
I would not move two safes full of firearms to any of my wife's family's houses, let alone a G/F's.

Any kind of rift and you might have a pile of trouble getting them back.

I don't disagree with you guys one bit.

and the other brother that couldn't keep his firearms in his own room, but had to store them off-site, because of his brother's GF was pissed. But it all turned out good, the GF ended up pissing dirty (she knew she was dirty with MJ in her system, so she got someone she thought was clean to piss in a cup for her. too bad that person didn't like her and didn't tell her he did coke the night before, :eek:). GF went back to prison, guns came back to the house and the brothers ended up moving up to ID soon after. GF out of the picture.

dantodd
08-17-2011, 11:39 AM
Radioman,

This may or may not be true. Some charges indeed are wobblers that are fixable down to a nonfelony.

But if it was a straight felony charge (say, Vandalism 1 or whatever) that might not be 'wobbleable'.

I don't think that any of the CA vandalism charges are straight felonies. Your post got me browsing Cal PC 594 and I didn't see anything suggesting a straight felony. But a google search popped up some def. attys. who said that some forms carry 3 yrs. and "will be charged as felonies." I'm not sure if those are straight felonies of just piled on wobblers.

Wherryj
08-17-2011, 12:16 PM

Actually this particular girlfriend might be the solution to all of his problems. Girlfriend on parole might also come with a higher risk of a falsified DV report. His friend may have the "issue" about his owning 50 guns resolved if given enough time.

ke6guj
08-17-2011, 12:27 PM
Actually this particular girlfriend might be the solution to all of his problems. Girlfriend on parole might also come with a higher risk of a falsified DV report. His friend may have the "issue" about his owning 50 guns resolved if given enough time.

GF is long out of the picture, ten years or so.

MP301
08-17-2011, 6:31 PM
The last couple douches I popped for 594 were charged with a Felony because of the amount of damage (money) they caused. IIRC, all 594's are wobblers, so if that is the case, one could have have charges reduced after probation a get it expunged altogether, etc etc.