PDA

View Full Version : Best gun Suppliers/ wholesalers for FFLs

Santa Cruz Armory
08-16-2011, 4:12 PM
What suppliers/ wholesalers do you guys recommend for a FFL? Looking at Davidsons, Buds, RSR...

Who else do you guys recommend? Looking for good parts/ accessories suppliers.

Thanks!

Dick's Shootin' Irons
08-16-2011, 6:55 PM
My favorites are:
Sports South Inc, Williams Shooters Supply, RSR, and Jerrys Sport Center, Zanders, Lipseys and others. Just some that I use.

Santa Cruz Armory
08-18-2011, 7:04 AM
Anyone else have good suggestions?

Dick's Shootin' Irons
08-18-2011, 10:31 AM
Here are a few more: Acusport, Amchar, Bangers, Camfour, Ellet Bros, Lew Horton and CDNN.

Dick's Shootin' Irons
08-18-2011, 10:41 AM
Here is the list that I have been looking for: http://130.94.182.159/page4.htm

Santa Cruz Armory
08-18-2011, 2:00 PM
Wow! that's quite a list.

By chance do you (or anyone else) know which ones are home based FFL friendly? I know many distributors don't like to deal with non brick and mortar FFLs.

Dick's Shootin' Irons
08-18-2011, 3:23 PM
Use the first list I provided. I'm home based also. I usually try going through them in that order when I'm looking for something. Have any questions, give me a yell.

OCArmory
08-18-2011, 3:29 PM
Beware Jerrys shipping sucks. They do often have stuff that others don't

EBR Works
08-18-2011, 5:05 PM
A few more:

Shooting Sports Wholesale
MGE Wholesale

RSR Group has the most usable website with very quick searches possible. The others, not so much.

I would love to see someone write a front end to do searches with every supplier for which you could have an account. Finding stuff is very laborious having to search 10+ wholesaler's sites. This business is still stuck in the 90's in many ways.

GoingQuiet
08-19-2011, 5:01 PM
90's? You are being generous. Late 80's is how I feel.

EBR Works
08-19-2011, 5:24 PM
90's? You are being generous. Late 80's is how I feel.

1890's....

efillc
08-26-2011, 6:19 PM
JSC won't sell to home-based FFL's.

EBR Works
08-26-2011, 6:53 PM

You really don't want to buy from JSC anyway. They charge $50 shipping for a handgun where most other suppliers are around $10. Their website is a joke and trying to get approved to buy an off roster handgun took two days. They are absolutely the last wholesaler I go to for anything. There are many other great vendors to grow your business with.

lockandloadllc
08-26-2011, 7:40 PM
I am a fan of Sport South, RSR, and DSG Arms.

kemasa
08-28-2011, 8:49 AM

Well, I have a home based business and have received firearm from them without any problems.

You really don't want to buy from JSC anyway. They charge $50 shipping for a handgun where most other suppliers are around $10. Their website is a joke and trying to get approved to buy an off roster handgun took two days. They are absolutely the last wholesaler I go to for anything. There are many other great vendors to grow your business with.

I have never been charged $50 for shipping. They do have an issue with high capacity magazines though.

Perhaps it depends on who you are talking to there. I have a really good person that I deal with there and he goes out of his way to help me. Their prices are some of the best as well.

EBR Works
08-28-2011, 9:02 AM
Well, I have a home based business and have received firearm from them without any problems.

I have never been charged $50 for shipping. They do have an issue with high capacity magazines though.

Perhaps it depends on who you are talking to there. I have a really good person that I deal with there and he goes out of his way to help me. Their prices are some of the best as well.

It is my understanding that their policy requiring a commercial location is a recent change. It would not affect those already doing business with them prior.

This was my first order with them for a single handgun and the rep swore up and down that this was their "normal" shipping charge since they only use UPS Next Day Air service for handguns. I guess they either don't know about USPS priority mail or refuse to utilize this less expensive option.

Try logging onto the FFL Only forum and you'll see a discussion about their excessive shipping charges, so it's not just me.

http://www.fflonly.com/intro.php

By comparison to the 9 or so other wholesalers that I have been using, JSC is the most disorganized and has the worst website interface. Dealing with their internal policies regarding California are a joke. Top tier vendors like RSR and Davidson's "get it".

TCB Firearms
08-28-2011, 9:02 AM
I am home based and use sports south, Davidsons, and RSR...no particular order just my main 3

Santa Cruz Armory
08-29-2011, 9:59 PM
Doesn't Davidson's have some heavy requirements? I heard they weren't home based friendly? I may have to look into them.

kemasa
08-30-2011, 1:05 PM
Yeah, Davidson's has requirements. If you can show enough sales, they might sell to you, if you order enough. When I talked to them I could have ordered enough, but they did not have what I needed in inventory and I was not about to order firearms that I did not want or need just to make them happy.

kemasa
10-03-2011, 3:05 PM
BTW, I got a call from Davidson's this morning. While it was interesting, it also convinces me that I don't want to deal with them at all.

The guy stated that they were home-based FFL friendly, which others were not, but that you had to stock at least 10 firearms so that the people coming to your house are comfortable and not afraid (that is almost an exact quote). He also said that there was no stocking requirement if you were a gunsmith and then you could buy from them. He pushed their warranty stating that if there were any problems, they would just replace the firearm instead of getting it fixed. I mentioned the cost associated with that, but he said it was free so why would a FFL charge money. I pointed out that I am in CA and the DROS is not free, something that he was not aware of. Since I am a home based FFL and do transfers, I don't have any need to stock firearms, so I do not "qualify" with them, yet he continued on. I mentioned that they are getting a bad reputation due to the requirements, but he said they were a really good company and all that. After quite some time he agreed that I did not qualify and ended the call.

I have to wonder if he has ever bothered to listen to what he is saying.

PlacerTactical
10-03-2011, 4:12 PM
BTW, I got a call from Davidson's this morning. While it was interesting, it also convinces me that I don't want to deal with them at all.

The guy stated that they were home-based FFL friendly, which others were not, but that you had to stock at least 10 firearms so that the people coming to your house are comfortable and not afraid (that is almost an exact quote). He also said that there was no stocking requirement if you were a gunsmith and then you could buy from them. He pushed their warranty stating that if there were any problems, they would just replace the firearm instead of getting it fixed. I mentioned the cost associated with that, but he said it was free so why would a FFL charge money. I pointed out that I am in CA and the DROS is not free, something that he was not aware of. Since I am a home based FFL and do transfers, I don't have any need to stock firearms, so I do not "qualify" with them, yet he continued on. I mentioned that they are getting a bad reputation due to the requirements, but he said they were a really good company and all that. After quite some time he agreed that I did not qualify and ended the call.

I have to wonder if he has ever bothered to listen to what he is saying.

I'm homebased and have been dealing with Davidsons without any issues or requirements.

kemasa
10-03-2011, 4:39 PM
I guess it depends on who you talk to since so far I have not been impressed with them.

Oh, the last time I talked to them I was told that I would have to buy 5 firearms to qualify, but they did not have anything I needed in stock. The guy to today said that appeared to be mis-communication as there is no such requirement, meaning that the previous person lied to me.

EBR Works
10-03-2011, 6:27 PM
I buy from Davidson's as well and they have been great. You only need to purchase 5 firearms to qualify as a "Gold Dealer", but this is not required. Call and talk to Brandon Cook in their sales department. He'll give you the correct information and great service.

Santa Cruz Armory
10-03-2011, 8:08 PM
They've been great for me. No complaints.

FortCourageArmory
10-05-2011, 10:52 PM
I've been using Davidson's as my "go-to" wholesaler almost from the day I opened. My sales rep, Julie Pittman, takes especially good care of me and always works with me on whatever I'm ordering. I have NEVER run across a minimum order or anything related to buy from them. I am especially happy to use Davidson's. I am alsao teaching my customers about their GalleryofGuns.com website. A great sales tool.