View Full Version : NorCal / SoCal Paper and steel weekend

01-17-2007, 11:54 AM
On January 20 and 21 SLOSA, outside of San Luis Obispo Ca., will have it's monthly ICORE and Steel Challenge match. The ICORE match will be a paper and steel run and gun match, very much like the USPSA, except that it is mainly for revolvers and uses slightly different paper targets. However.... The SLOSA club is great for allowing those with semi-auto's to come out and play along with those shooting round guns. The ICORE match should have 6-7 stages and 150-175 (ish) round count. After the ICORE match we will have 1 shotgun only run and gun stage 25-30 rounds, make sure you are shooting birdshot only!

The following day is our club Steel Challenge match with 7-8 stages and about 200 round count (if there are no misses, I bring 250-300). Steel Challenge is open to almost any handgun type including rimfire. This will be a full weekend of pistol matches for anyone within driving distance. We are fairly close to a mid state area where the folks from NorCal can mingle with those from Socal. The range is located between San Luis Obispo and Morro Bay. If you have a non shooting spouse/gf/bf there is plenty here in the area to see and do within a short drive. There are driving directions and more info on the venues at the SLOSA website.
If anyone needs off list info, my email is in my profile.

Hope to see some new faces at the next match! Bring either Revolvers or Autos.

Black Majik
01-17-2007, 12:55 PM
If anyone's interested in ICORE, Dave is the person to talk to. One heck of a round gun shooter! :D