PDA

View Full Version : They lost my PRS stock!

Solidsnake87
01-17-2007, 10:35 AM
So I finally got the money for a Magpul PRS and I get one off ebay. I called the seller shortly after to find out the delivery date. He told me it was to be delivered this tuesday and offered me the tracking number. Well, tuesday rolls around and no item. I figured the holiday threw them off a day so I check this morning and no item. I check the tracking number and it says it was delivered monday on the porch at 4:30. There is only one slight problem. I DON"T HAVE A PORCH! I'm working it out with UPS and the seller right now but I'm pissed that I might have lost $230. None of the neighbors are home yet so I can't check there. This whole situation is the most annoying thing ever.

Mark_in_Pasadena
01-17-2007, 10:39 AM
So I finally got the money for a Magpul PRS and I get one off ebay. I called the seller shortly after to find out the delivery date. He told me it was to be delivered this tuesday and offered me the tracking number. Well, tuesday rolls around and no item. I figured the holiday threw them off a day so I check this morning and no item. I check the tracking number and it says it was delivered monday on the porch at 4:30. There is only one slight problem. I DON"T HAVE A PORCH! I'm working it out with UPS and the seller right now but I'm pissed that I might have lost $230. None of the neighbors are home yet so I can't check there. This whole situation is the most annoying thing ever.

That totally sucks bro, good luck. BTW, is it me or has UPS been slowly going down hill over the past few years?

soopafly
01-17-2007, 11:02 AM
sorry to hear that....this is why I have stuff delivered to me at work.

Aluisious
01-17-2007, 11:04 AM
Yeah, sucks :|

FedEx is no better, they keep insisting my house doesn't exist. Not on the maps, they say. Funny, UPS and USPS have been able to find it for 30 years now.

Solidsnake87
01-17-2007, 11:51 AM
The wonderful guys at UPS delivered it to the SAME adress number on an adjoinging street. I've never had this happen with UPS in my life. Glad its all over and so is my rifle :D

On a side note, the PRS is much smaller than it seems in pictures but its still uber cool.

fairfaxjim
01-17-2007, 12:03 PM
UPS, USPS, Fed Ex, whoever, none of them are all that they claim to be. At work, we insure EVERYTHING we hand over, too much money involved. I live in a condo complex, where the numbers start over on each little street. They all get it all confused and just drop stuff off at the first matching house number they find. :mad: Even the mail carrier gets off a street or two once in awhile. One advantage is I know all the people here that live at the same number as me, as we are constantly exchanging our mis dilevered stuff.
Glad you got your PRS, finally!

Mark_in_Pasadena
01-17-2007, 12:26 PM
On a side note, the PRS is much smaller than it seems in pictures but its still uber cool.

PICS DAMN IT......:D

PanzerAce
01-17-2007, 12:38 PM
The wonderful guys at UPS delivered it to the SAME adress number on an adjoinging street. I've never had this happen with UPS in my life. Glad its all over and so is my rifle :D

the same thing has happened to me, they will deliver to the same address on 21st street instead of my place on 20th.

That being said, I wonder how the UCM IT department would react to having to sign for 880 rounds of ammo :D

xj4play
01-17-2007, 12:55 PM
ups by default is insured for 500 on a package i believe, you should be ok but will take awhile.

Sorry I think its $100. I deal alot with ups, i never insure anything under 100. You can always provide an invoice for 100 and make money on it. They will loose anything!

laabstract
01-17-2007, 1:15 PM
I used to own a record label and UPS destroyed 2/3 of my records with water damage they were in transit from the manufacture to my home.

chiefcrash
01-17-2007, 2:24 PM
i ordered a garand and it was shipped UPS to my door. After a few days after the scheduled delivery date, it didn't show so I put a trace on it. It showed up a week after the scheduled delivery date...

funny thing was: if you pulled up the tracking number, it was NEVER scanned. Anywhere. It somehow managed to fly from new jersey to california without UPS *ever* scanning the damn thing...