View Full Version : Help me select a mount please.

08-15-2011, 9:11 PM
I contacted Larue but they have not got back to me yet. I would like to know what mount some of you recommend for my AR set up. I have Magpul MBUS front and rear sights and I am looking for a mount for my Trijicon TR20: Accupoint 3-9x40. I am not sure if I should buy the LaRue Tactical SPR / M4 Scope Mount QD LT-104 or the LaRue Tactical SPR-E LT-139. I just want to have the proper clearance and eye relief possible.

08-22-2011, 7:32 PM
Have you considered the Burris P.E.P.R mount. I have 2 of them for my ARs.

HK Dave
08-22-2011, 8:03 PM
Take a look at BOBRO.

08-22-2011, 11:00 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I never realized how many choices there are and how each one can vary in price. I was considering the Larue just because it seems to be the choice of so many (they replied and said stick with the LT-104). The Burris P.E.P.R mount has great reviews and the price is not bad. How good is it at keeping zero? I just picked up an eotech so I plan to be switching between the 2. Until I build another rifle.

08-23-2011, 7:03 AM
LaRue is liek Voodoo, it seems to keep a perfect zero no matter how many times you take it on and off. Ive used the PEPR mounts and they were preety good at keeping a zero though too. For the price range, its a great deal and I think you'd be happy with it.

Trevor B.

08-23-2011, 7:42 AM
I have the Larue SPR-E mount on two of my rifles and they're okay. I recently picked up an ADM Recon Scope Mount (http://www.cstactical.com/American-Defense/GUN-ACCESSORIES/Rings-Bases/American-Defense/ADM-Recon-Scope-Mount-30mm-or-1.html) from CS Tactical (http://www.cstactical.com/) and it's proven to be as good, and in some ways better IMHO, as my Larue's.

Something to consider. The Warne RAMP is pretty sweet too.

08-23-2011, 8:38 AM
In this category, the names that usually come up are Larue, ADM, and Bobro. I've also heard good things about the JP mount. My personal experience with the Larue is excellent. Absolutely no loss of zero when taking on and off. ADM looks like a good value with awesome reviews by other users.

08-23-2011, 10:46 AM
By the La Rue and dont look back! With that mount you will NEVEr regret the choice you made!

08-25-2011, 6:20 AM
bobro, bad name, good mount