PDA

View Full Version : Would you still buy a Fulton Product?

tenpercentfirearms
01-17-2007, 6:40 AM
If we could convince Fulton that they are sitting on a gold mine with the .308s and they agreed to ship them direct to California dealers, would you get over last year's incident and still buy them?

For those of you who don't know, Fulton initially agreed to send lowers directly to California, but when threatened by the DOJ they backed out by trying to report receivers in shipment as stolen. I quickly called them on it and agreed to send them back because he was uncomfortable with the situation, not because I was strong armed. I have no ill feelings towards Fulton and don't blame them for taking their employees welfare into consideration first over the concerns of our screwed up state.

Harbinger
01-17-2007, 7:29 AM
I have their Predator 24" .223 upper and it's a VERY clean and reliable product. I can't see why (if you're able to make it happen) we'd pass up an opportunity to get what should be GREAT .308 uppers.

Mike

phish
01-17-2007, 7:38 AM
bwiese was correct in his post in the other thread concerning this.

I think Fulton should realize by now that they missed the first boat last year, while Lauer and others cashed in.

If Fulton ships direct, it's a step in the right direction. My only hang up with any .308 based lower is the Tower of Babel situation in terms of parts interchangeability.

paradox
01-17-2007, 7:44 AM
If Fulton ships direct to our favorite red-head, I'll consider that pulling their head out of their ***. They'll get extra bonus points if they wave the shipping charges on the first batch ;)

PLINK
01-17-2007, 10:54 AM
Wes, if you get them, are you going to send them out to other FFL's in CA or is this a Taft only deal?

The only other AR lower I would be interested in is a .308. If it is from Fulton so be it but I would not buy their 5.56 lower.

kantstudien
01-17-2007, 11:05 AM
I chose option three, even if the choices were a bit convoluted. Screw Ruger, but I will be getting a M&P .45 ;)

RANGER295
01-17-2007, 3:00 PM
I am not in the market for a .308 lower yet but I would be willing to give them a second chance. I do not put what they did in the same category as the other two. I have one S&W that I picked up for next to nothing and if it were not for that I would not own one, unless I come across another deal like that will probably never buy another one, and I can guarantee that I will never buy a new one. I have a couple of FAR-15ís and think that the quality is good.

rorschach
01-17-2007, 5:53 PM
If Clint is willing to acknowledge his mistake in not selling to California, and begins shipping 308's as well as FAR15's direct, I would MAYBE consider buying one.

Socal858
01-17-2007, 5:57 PM
who else can offer a competing 308 product?

rorschach
01-17-2007, 6:14 PM
who else can offer a competing 308 product?

POF and RRA are coming out with something. Theres always Hesse.

Im still waiting to see how the "RR/Kasler rifle+10 round+lock= permanent modification" thing works out.

And to think all Armalite or Knights has to do is remove/add/change one character on the model number and they could own the 308 AR market in CA.

Zebra
01-18-2007, 7:49 AM
I have 3 Fulton lowers from the Dec '05 group buy. Didn't really want to deal with them after the 10% story, but also wanted a 'pure-bred' AR before building Franken-rifles. I finally had the funds to complete the first rifle, and always wanting an M-4gery, ordered the FAR MIV upper online about four months ago. The Fulton 'smith called two weeks later:

It went down like this:
Smith: Hello, I am about to build the upper receiver you ordered, but it can't be chrome lined like you wanted.
Me: Why not?
Smith: Since you're in California, I have to install a muzzle brake instead of the flash hider in the order, so no chrome lining.
Me: What are you talking about????
Smith: It goes to California - no Flash hider, I have to install a muzzle brake.
Me: Says who? We are talking about a part not the actual firearm. What exactly are you refering to?
Smith: Which kind of lower receiver do you have there?'
Me: It's a CA-legal receiver, and I can put on it whatever I please. Flash hider or not. So I don't quite understand the excitement here, an upper receiver is not even a FFL item. -(Not wanting to a mention a Fulton lower, or discuss the Prince50 kit at this point.)
Smith: Well, I guess laws are constantly changing. I have to talk to the boss about this and call you back

It arrived a week later, chrome lined and topped with the evil flash suppressor. :D It looks like Clint likes to scare everybody, including his employees.

The upper works great with commercial ammo, but has one in ten light strikes with LC XM-193 ammo. I'm not sure what's going on here. Since I'm a total noob when it comes to AR type rifles, I certainly would appreciate any input on this!.

Bottom line: There was a lot of excitement and confusion in the beginning. It's a year later now and Fulton should know better. If they were the only game in town and I really wanted a .308, ....it would still be hard to order it from them. Since they aren't - no more of my hard earned cash to them!

Frank

five.five-six
01-18-2007, 8:24 AM
first of all screw Ruger, screw him in the neck!, bill was trying to get an edge on the market. as far as the others, I do not begrudge someone or trying to keep the government off they're ars, I do it every day.

what sort of upper will this Fulton take?

stator
01-18-2007, 10:01 AM
I cannot see how Clint's mistake can be treated equally to Bill Ruger's. Clint never has supported gun control by lobbying for laws. Clint was only trying to cover his arse in the mid-term period of the OLL. At this time period, not much was known which gave the CA-DOJ more scare leverage. There is room for "forgive and forget" which I've done here.

The OLL period is usually early-term, mid-term, and late-term. All of the early-termers that I know of (very, very few), relocated their principle residences for 7 months and moved back with some goodies. This was late 2004 and early 2005. These are people who worked SOHO in the field for national firms and can locate in any of the 48 states at will.

Mid-term picked up the public knowledge and created the OLL termination. This is where the real steam rolling process began. This is mid-2005 through 2006. In the early part of the mid-term, people like Clint had no history to look at and were easily scared by the CA-DOJ. We cannot blame people for this back then. It is just wrong.

Late-term is now, starting late 2006, and is characterized by common knowledge and a definable period of history and acceptance. More boundaries will be seriously pushed in this term as comfort is high. We are seeing this in the increasing quality of the ideas on this forum.

Post-term is when all of this is nullified by the defeat of SB-23 and rights are resorted. We've yet to see this term but as long as the steam roller keeps going, we will. Could it be 2008?

Q
01-18-2007, 10:12 AM
n - o, no!:mad: it's really sad when people are anti cali. it's even more funny when they say i will move out of state just to buy ''''''. it bugs me because if the laws start here they should support us in california because eventually they will attempt to spread to other states. that's what i have seen. they still don't think it could happen to them. i think our ca mods will sell outside of ca someday.:D

madjack956
01-18-2007, 1:29 PM
"but when threatened by the DOJ they backed out by trying to report receivers in shipment as stolen."

That's the part that really sours me on Clint. Or maybe I don't understand the whole situation clearly. Would or could those receivers have been stolen in any way shape or form? If not, and he was fabricating B.S. accusations, he can stuff his product from now until eternity.

Fjold
01-18-2007, 1:56 PM
"but when threatened by the DOJ they backed out by trying to report receivers in shipment as stolen."

That's the part that really sours me on Clint. Or maybe I don't understand the whole situation clearly. Would or could those receivers have been stolen in any way shape or form? If not, and he was fabricating B.S. accusations, he can stuff his product from now until eternity.

Wes, The fact that he would have lied and reported them stolen and could have gotten you in trouble with FELONY charges may not be bad to you but it is to me. I'm all for looking out for my employees and family first but I would not do that to an innocent person.

There are a lot of good businesses in this world and so I don't have to deal with a LIAR, as well as a person who would sacrifice innocent people and go back on his word when he gets scared.

I don't believe that your poll has an accurate answer for me to choose from. Maybe if the third option didn't mention Ruger and S&W I could have voted for that as Ruger and S&W both are no longer owned and or operated by the people who turned their backs on us.

If "Clint" would sell the business to honest people not related to him, then I could buy from them.

thmpr
01-18-2007, 2:40 PM
No!!!!

tenpercentfirearms
01-20-2007, 9:06 AM
I sent an e-mail to Fulton and they never got back to me. I hope for their sake the POF or other lowers don't get here soon, because I have a feeling once someone else enters the market, Fulton is going to lose out big time. Oh well.

I might sell a few of their lowers that I find at other vendor to the local guys just because I would be stupid not to, but that is it.

1hotshooter
01-20-2007, 9:41 AM
Fulton received DOJ scare tactics...unless you know the law, you believe the authorities and back away from the situation...as far and as fast as you can.

We're bringing the Fultons into California because we can and because you should be allowed to have them. They are quality OLL receivers.

So, it's another company that chooses not to send direct, they are the first but won't be the last.

CWS relieves their companies of many headaches and attorney fees, not to mention they know exactly where their lowers went without opening a book.

We deal direct to Cali because we are believe in 2nd amendment rights, because we are Californians, fighting your battles, side by side, including the legal battles. No other out of state FFL can state that.

Come see us at Cow Palace in San Francisco this weekend.

diddler
01-20-2007, 3:38 PM
The Fulton 'smith called two weeks later:

It went down like this:
Smith: Hello, I am about to build the upper receiver you ordered, but it can't be chrome lined like you wanted.
Me: Why not?
Smith: Since you're in California, I have to install a muzzle brake instead of the flash hider in the order, so no chrome lining.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but what does the muzzle attachment have to do with the barrel being chrome lined or not?