PDA

View Full Version : 6.8 build

TruEdge
08-14-2011, 8:53 PM
So I have a lower sitting with a spikes parts kit i installed ready for an upper. I want buy an upper for it that I can use to do a little bit of hunting kill some hogs maybe some deer whatever I can shoot in ca. I have heard 7.62 can be touchy with this platform so I started to look at 6.8 stuff. So far I have seen a little bit of stuff on bison armory I believe but don't know too much about them. I'd like some suggestions on some good companies to look for my upper at. Would love to hear some feedback from the guys shooting some game with these to.

Hawkstp
08-14-2011, 9:36 PM
Bison Armory is top notch, but I would also suggest checking out AR Performance. Those two seem to be at the leading edge of the 6.8. I do like the chamber and rifling a bit more on the AR Performance upper.

You are on the right track with the 6.8. With the loads today, and especially if you reload, you are going to fall in love.

http://www.ar15performance.com/

Nathan Krynn
08-15-2011, 6:14 AM
Bison Armory is top notch, but I would also suggest checking out AR Performance. Those two seem to be at the leading edge of the 6.8. I do like the chamber and rifling a bit more on the AR Performance upper.

You are on the right track with the 6.8. With the loads today, and especially if you reload, you are going to fall in love.

http://www.ar15performance.com/

I use Bison Armory barrels on all my 6.8's I build.

VaderSpade
08-15-2011, 6:38 AM
I never planned on building a 6.8, but I found a barrel at the last Big Reno gun show for $80.00, a bolt was $68.00, and I had a cheap pig gun that shoots under 1 moa.

The Big Reno gun show is THIS weekend. I’ll be looking for more barrels.

justjeff
08-15-2011, 8:04 AM
I have a 6.8 bushmaster upper on a spike's lower. It's awesome I run an eotech 512 It's my do all gun for the most part. I just wish I could find more ammo dealer's here in San Diego that sold 6.8 and 450 bushmaster.

TruEdge
08-15-2011, 11:22 AM
I never planned on building a 6.8, but I found a barrel at the last Big Reno gun show for $80.00, a bolt was $68.00, and I had a cheap pig gun that shoots under 1 moa.

The Big Reno gun show is THIS weekend. Iíll be looking for more barrels.

There's a show in reno this weekend? What kind of barrel did you buy for your 6.8?

VaderSpade
08-15-2011, 2:14 PM
Just a no name barrel, I got an 18” 6.8 barrel but as I passed another booth carrying said barrel the guy at the booth said he would match the price and had 16,18 and 20 inch barrels in 6.8, I did buy a 10.5 5.56 barrel from him for a pistol build. I’ll be in Reno Friday looking for more.

tsteffner
08-15-2011, 2:52 PM
Check out www.andersonrifles.com