PDA

View Full Version : I'm confused!!!

NRAhighpowershooter
01-16-2007, 4:58 PM
Ok.. I lost my owners manuals for my Leupold VX-II 3-9 50mm scope and the Leupold site is confusing on the increments of the dials.. so.. the way I read it is that each hash mark is 1/4 moa correct? I'm trying to figure out if I have enough elevation left in the scope to shoot 600yds.. I'm dialed in at 200yds and I have 2 full turns of the elevation screw left...

ok.. I went back and counted each hash mark and I don't have enough 'clicks' I guess I'll have to shim the mount

James R.
01-16-2007, 7:01 PM
1/4 Minute sounds right, I don't remember it being any finer than that. If it's the same scope I'm thinking of I have one on my 10/22

http://www.apatheology.com/public_shares/images/K1022T.jpg

Regards,

James R.

Pthfndr
01-16-2007, 7:59 PM
According to the spec sheet on Leupold's website, your scope has 56 minutes of adjustment, and the adjustments are 1/4 moa clicks.

If you're zeroed at 200 yards and don't have enough elevation to reach 600 yards there's either something wrong with the scope, your rifle, or your mounts.

SC-Texas
01-16-2007, 8:36 PM
Generally, the Leupolds have 1.4 MOA adjustment.

Some models have 1 MOA adjustment.

NRAhighpowershooter
01-16-2007, 9:44 PM
According to the spec sheet on Leupold's website, your scope has 56 minutes of adjustment, and the adjustments are 1/4 moa clicks.

If you're zeroed at 200 yards and don't have enough elevation to reach 600 yards there's either something wrong with the scope, your rifle, or your mounts.

DOH!!!!!! I was looking at my come ups for my AR!!! DOH!!!! Looking at the RIGHT note book... I DO have enough elevation in the scope.....