PDA

View Full Version : Bought a stock from M1S...oops

rocknut
01-16-2007, 10:45 AM
I just bought an A2 stock from M1S. After it took several days longer to arrive than other parts that were ordered from farther away it is ugly. The color is such a light grey that it doesn't match any of the other plastic or the rifle at all. Looks stupid. Now this is my first A2 stock so I had to ask before I send it back. Is it normal for the stock not to be a nice dark black like the rest of the rifle? I've got "Black Rifle Disease" not "Grey Rifle Disease"! Whose A2 stock is nice and BLACK? I've got another A2 stock coming on a lower that I traded for so I'm thinking about ordering the magpul 93 collapsible stock.

berg
01-16-2007, 10:47 AM
The buttstocks are supposed to be grey. Take a look at the gallery section in ar15.com to see lots of A2 stocks and how they look on a rifle.

Prc329
01-16-2007, 10:54 AM
Clp.

cornholio1
01-16-2007, 10:57 AM
Thats what I thought. But Model 1's A2 stock is actually Mil Spec. I followed everyone advice on here spayed it down with CLP. Works great. I love that stock.

berg
01-16-2007, 10:58 AM
I see where you got confused. Their web site calls it "black" http://www.model1sales.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=FBA001&storeid=1&image=a2buttstock.gif&CFID=15965090&CFTOKEN=69869562

No A2 stocks are black. Not milspec at least.

http://www.model1sales.com/images/a2buttstock.gif

tenpercentfirearms
01-16-2007, 11:05 AM
This is a common thing. They all look hideous when you buy them. Put a little oil on them and they blacken right on up. You didn't get ripped off and if you send it back, you will get another gray stock.

rocknut
01-16-2007, 11:12 AM
OK guys. Thanks for the help. I thought about putting something on it, but didn't want to ruin my chances of returning it. I've got some flat black moly coat that I'm thinking of spraying it with. That pourous surface looks like it would help the paint adhere well.

Aluisious
01-16-2007, 11:18 AM
I just bought an A2 stock from M1S. After it took several days longer to arrive than other parts that were ordered from farther away it is ugly. The color is such a light grey that it doesn't match any of the other plastic or the rifle at all. Looks stupid. Now this is my first A2 stock so I had to ask before I send it back. Is it normal for the stock not to be a nice dark black like the rest of the rifle? I've got "Black Rifle Disease" not "Grey Rifle Disease"! Whose A2 stock is nice and BLACK? I've got another A2 stock coming on a lower that I traded for so I'm thinking about ordering the magpul 93 collapsible stock.
Mine is a dark grey, and slighty fuzzy. The fuzzy part surprised me. Actually makes it a little nicer to stick the cheek on.

xenophobe
01-16-2007, 11:38 AM
There are BLACK A2 stocks out there, but mil-spec is dark grey.

FNC80
01-16-2007, 12:48 PM
Does it work? If it does, why're you so bent about mismatched colors?

jaymz
01-16-2007, 2:06 PM
Check your local auto parts store. They should have black spray paint designed for plastic bumpers and such. Stuff works pretty good, especially if you use some adhesion promoter also.