PDA

View Full Version : .22lr rifle scope/optic suggestions please

sendithit
08-13-2011, 7:35 PM
As I've written in the rimfire forum, I plan to install a picatinny rail on the receiver of my 10/22 bedded in an ATI Strikeforce stock with its supplied picatinny iinstalled at the end of the forend. I want to use magpul's folding buis with this set-up with an attached optic aas a primary sighting device. I want to use this rifle for plinking, target, and run&gun exercises.

What scope or optics best suited for this? Keep in mind that II don't want to go super crazy by breaking my little bank. Thanks for your input!

orangeusa
08-13-2011, 8:21 PM
I read lots of posts on one of the rimfire websites, and wow, those folks were so hard core that the only sight that they agreed upon was a $250 scope.

So of course, I ignored their advice and bought a Barska 3-6x 40mm scope and after mounting it securly (I had the 3/8" dovetail 22LR mount - ended up with an airsoft mount), never looked back.

And I am an optics guy - have telescopes and all that, but gosh, just could not justify paying 2 times the price of my 22LR rifle for a scope.

Hope you find a solution that works for you.

sendithit
08-13-2011, 9:14 PM
I read lots of posts on one of the rimfire websites, and wow, those folks were so hard core that the only sight that they agreed upon was a $250 scope.

So of course, I ignored their advice and bought a Barska 3-6x 40mm scope and after mounting it securly (I had the 3/8" dovetail 22LR mount - ended up with an airsoft mount), never looked back.

And I am an optics guy - have telescopes and all that, but gosh, just could not justify paying 2 times the price of my 22LR rifle for a scope.

Hope you find a solution that works for you.

Yup Im kinda the same way about spending 2x the amount of the rifle and furniture if all Im doing is plinking, non-competition target shooting, and the occasional informal shoot-party/run&gun with my buddies out in the desert. In fact Id like to keep the optic/scope buy-in within $100 if thats even possible.

Now if I ever had the inclination and time to formally compete iin sanctioned events, then it'd probably be a different story and Id be that much poorer. Lol!

Still Id like to shoot tight groups and put'em where I want'em.

jcruzer619
08-13-2011, 9:56 PM
I have a Mueller APV on my 10/22 build. It's been great and the price fit my budget too.

http://www.chuckhawks.com/mueller_APV_riflescope.htm

Mr. Burns
08-13-2011, 10:23 PM
I have a BSA Sweet .22

Very clear glass, holds zero, the bullet drop compensation works great and I got it for 80-90 bucks on sale at amazon.

Just looking through it you would think it was over a 200 dollar scope.

Make sure it is one of the new models though I hear the older ones were a different story.

http://www.amazon.com/BSA-3-9X40-Parallax-Adjustment-Multi-Grain/dp/B002AK7KMO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1313299354&sr=8-3

Vacaville
08-13-2011, 10:25 PM
You can get a Nikon Prostaff 3 - 9X for around a hundred bucks. It's quality, and it costs about half of what a stock 10/22 costs.

Tzvia
08-14-2011, 7:41 AM
Hunt around, sometimes you can get a deal on new old-stock. I once picked up a new old-stock 3x9-40 Leupold VX1 for 165 and got some used rings cheap, and it now sits on my CMMG 22 AR. Another time I found some old stock at a Big5- an old Bushnell 3x9 Sportview for well under 100 that is very bright and clear, and works great on my Romanian 22 in CZ rings. The whole thing cost maybe 100. Hunt the local haunts, then search online, there are deals out there.