PDA

View Full Version : Help with illegal Marijuana grow house.

M&P40FAN
08-13-2011, 8:28 AM
I'm aware of a house that is in forclosure and is being used as a marijuana grow house. I have alerted the police and nothing has been done thus far. What can I do to get the police to act on this issue?

Thank You

Which Way Out
08-13-2011, 8:35 AM
Well how long have you been waiting?

I bet they already have done some recon and will pattern the place to achieve the highest number of arrest when the time is right.

Oh yea, stay low

M&P40FAN
08-13-2011, 8:54 AM
About two months ago the front door was left open all day and into the night. We called the local PD and informed them. They came to the house and looked around for about 10 min and then left. A week or two later I saw two men removing a large amount of grow lights, pumps, irrigation materials and wood framing from the inside of the house at night. I thought the problem was gone at this point. They disappeared for a while.

Now about 6 weeks later the men are back. I once again informed the local PD of the activities. They come only at night for a couple of hours and leave. Flourescent colored lighting emits through the windows all night long.

I also alerted the electric company to see if they could possibly shut off the electricity.

biochembruin
08-13-2011, 8:57 AM
Officers could go and recover a bunch of plants, or recover a bunch of plants and make a bunch of arrests. The latter will take more work and more time. It doesn't hurt to verify that your local LE agency is aware of the problem, however.

baz152
08-13-2011, 9:36 AM
You say that you informed your local PD, do you expect them to take you on servalance with them or call you with case updates. Have you thought that this could be a legal grow house (medical marijuana is legal now in CA). If several medical marijuana card holders rent the house out they could then grow a sizable amount there legally. Have you seen any marijuana in or comming out of the residence, do you smell anything. No the power co will not shut off their power, what if it was a hospice with 10 old people on life support inside do you think they would turn off the power.

My point is that high power consumption and grow equipment is not against the law and not enough for a warrant. LE has a hard job and if they can't just kicked the door with what you told them then they would end in a law suit even if it was full of marijuana.

LE has rules to play by criminals do not, that is just the way it is. If you still think that they are doing nothing call the CA DOJ, the county sheriff and the DEA, one of them will look into it.

DEPUTYBILL
08-13-2011, 11:48 AM
It seems another issue might be who owns the property. If it is in forclosure,do the people you see coming to and from the house have a legal right to be there? If not,the bank or true owner might have a lot to say regarding a law enforcement checkout of the property.
I would call the agency that has jurisdiction and give them all the information I could about the people and vehicles you see at the location,and current owner info if you have it.

Tacit Blue
08-13-2011, 1:35 PM
You say that you informed your local PD, do you expect them to take you on servalance with them or call you with case updates. Have you thought that this could be a legal grow house (medical marijuana is legal now in CA). If several medical marijuana card holders rent the house out they could then grow a sizable amount there legally. Have you seen any marijuana in or comming out of the residence, do you smell anything. No the power co will not shut off their power, what if it was a hospice with 10 old people on life support inside do you think they would turn off the power.

My point is that high power consumption and grow equipment is not against the law and not enough for a warrant. LE has a hard job and if they can't just kicked the door with what you told them then they would end in a law suit even if it was full of marijuana.

LE has rules to play by criminals do not, that is just the way it is. If you still think that they are doing nothing call the CA DOJ, the county sheriff and the DEA, one of them will look into it.

Let the CA DOJ and the Feds handle it, they'll prob be more proactive than the local PD. Grow houses whether legal/illegal are still a huge focal point for crime. Even if it was legal, criminals would try to take advantage of it and rob the house. Could get very ugly.. Being illegal 9/10 times there's usually more stuff involved than just that.

Shellshocker66
08-13-2011, 3:59 PM
Question;

What is the legal amount of MJ to grow if you have a license? I'm just asking because my neighbor has a little jungle going on next door. It's more curiosity then anything, I know he has a bad back (as do I but I don't use that stuff) and just wondering why he is growing so many plants.

Sorry for the thread jack :)