PDA

View Full Version : Do you really think OLL's with no evil features are even worth it?

OGAW510
01-15-2007, 8:51 PM
I saw some people at the Chabot range with some funky looking grips and another with fixed mag where he needed to load from the top and I was just laughing my head off. I just thought it was so stupid how they were kidding themselves that these are actually cool. If you're gonna get into guns and shooting, why not just buy a mini 14 or a nice remington instead having some faulty setup that is uglier than hell. Just my opinion but I think there are better guns out there that you still can buy in Cali.

FatKatMatt
01-15-2007, 8:53 PM
No, they're not. "OMG, evil! OMG, .5 MOA!"

blkA4alb
01-15-2007, 8:55 PM
To each his own, I'm quite satisfied with my faulty nonfunctional gun though.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h65/blkA4alb/Untitled-2.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h65/blkA4alb/Untitled-1.jpg

Socal858
01-15-2007, 8:56 PM
chairborne rangers, pork rind company: reporting contact with fudd

please advise

SemiAutoSam
01-15-2007, 8:59 PM
Noob You just wouldn't understand.

What we have and use is way out of your league.

You cant hang.

Blue
01-15-2007, 9:00 PM
I rather buy a "real" gun (mini 14)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I bet any of my AR's will outshoot your Mini.

OGAW510
01-15-2007, 9:00 PM
of course you are gonna defend your position but I got my reg'd AW and you all just look like suckers trying to jump on a train that already left

SemiAutoSam
01-15-2007, 9:03 PM
How many Real HK's or Real FN FAL's do you own ? that are not registered.

We have the best of both worlds. your just a pawn of the man.

DOJ tells you to jump and you ask how high.

I would rather have a pinned mag rifle than a registered AW anyday of the week. what will you do when they decide its time to collect your registered AW's

Hand them over mr and mrs america (who said that)

Totally owned.

blkA4alb
of course you are gonna defend your position but I got my reg'd AW and you all just look like suckers trying to jump on a train that already left
Gee I sure hope bweise and Xenophobe don't see that, Xenophobe is still so upset he missed the train...

Blue

Hey cheif, maybe not all of us were old enough to buy/register anything back in 2k? And maybe most of us don't think getting a felony by creating an illegal AW is worth it. I'd take a fixed mag or gripless AR over ANY mini 14 ANY day.

Kestryll
01-15-2007, 9:07 PM
Hi OGAW,
welcome to Calguns.

I have to ask, do you have a purpose here other than attempting to ridicule people? I may be mistaken but this is the image your first two posts suggest.
If this is your sole purpose I don't forsee a long visit here, if I am mistaken and it's just a matter of miswording then that's a different story.

OGAW510
01-15-2007, 9:09 PM
I'm not saying the mini is such a great gun but it is exactly the same thing as what some of you are trying to create - non pistol grip gun with detachable mag right?

Blue
01-15-2007, 9:10 PM
I'm not saying the mini is such a great gun but it is exactly the same thing as what some of you are trying to create - non pistol grip gun with detachable mag right?

Non pistolgrip/detatch mag yes. But the mini is not comparable to the AR platform.

tenpercentfirearms
01-15-2007, 9:10 PM
LOL. Yeah what happens when the conductor comes and decides to kick you off the train? The conductor has your name and number. They don't have ours. What happens when you want to give your ticket to your kids and let them ride? Oh, that is right, they don't get to. My kids will get to keep on riding our train.

Anyone who thinks a Mini-14 is comparable to an AR15, no matter how Californified, obviously doesn't really know what they are talking about. Stick around, you might learn something.

Kestryll
01-15-2007, 9:11 PM
Now I can answer the poll...

SemiAutoSam
01-15-2007, 9:13 PM
Not to knock the Mini14 if its your choice of rifle, But its no comparison to a HK or FN FAL. Compared to a real battle rifle the Mini14 is a toy.

Thanks Kest

Blue
01-15-2007, 9:14 PM
Now I can answer the poll...
Ahh....me too :D

eckerph
01-15-2007, 9:15 PM

Good for you, I'm glad you are able to feel so superior here Cali. Go to Nevada or AZ, NM (take yur pick of a free state) and nobody gives a crap about you're registered AW because everyone and their grandma owns an AK or AR with boxes of 30 rounders. Meanwhile here in the PRK people are outsmarting their own government and getting past their silly laws with ingenuity and elbow grease. Hail the OLL! even thogh i dont own one or have a desire too i give props to the guys that have gone out and built their own OLL rifles.

hoffmang
01-15-2007, 9:19 PM
Strawmen are so much easier than actually taking on the truth. The truth includes OLL's with evil features and bullet tip mag locks complemented with featureless ARs that take large-capacity magazines.

That's the choice, and for $1500 you can have one of each.

-Gene

SemiAutoSam
01-15-2007, 9:21 PM
Yea he is just a Bot.

Strawman = Fiction

Strawmen are so much easier than actually taking on the truth. The truth includes OLL's with evil features and bullet tip mag locks complemented with featureless ARs that take large-capacity magazines.

That's the choice, and for $1500 you can have one of each.

-Gene

Blue
01-15-2007, 9:23 PM
Iggy....is that you? :D

KINKERPLINKER!

SemiAutoSam
01-15-2007, 9:26 PM
I heard he got the BOOT. He applied to BATF but they wouldn't take him Too old and too bald.

KINKERPLINKER!

OGAW510
01-15-2007, 9:26 PM
Like someone said earlier, to each his own - but in my eyes its like driving a Ferrari with a hyundai motor -

Blue
01-15-2007, 9:27 PM
Like someone said earlier, to each his own - but in my eyes its like driving a Ferrari with a hyundai motor -

So what would you recommend?

Gringo Bandito
01-15-2007, 9:28 PM

KINKERPLINKER!

You beat me to it.

What's up Iggy?

Gringo Bandito
01-15-2007, 9:31 PM

Why do you say that? Is it because a pistol grip allows you to spray bullets randomly without reloading and we only limited to 10 rounds?

Alison, how are you?

CALI-gula
01-15-2007, 9:35 PM
This poll has a very cynical streak. You obviously approached it with such attitude, but you have done more to show your ignorance on the construction of OLL AR influenced rifles, than any sucess in your impotent attempt at delivering ridicule.

Your ignorance of the latest platforms and configurations of these rifles is further exaggerated by your citing the Mini-14 as a more viable option, which carries no more "features" or attributes than an AR influenced OLL without the SB23 features, and actually has LESS inherent accuracy and quality.

While it may only be probable that I am old enough to bend your mother over my knee to give her a spanking for not respecting her elders, nor for giving you an education, it is more than sure that I am old enough to remember times before you were born, and definitely have more than sufficient credibility in comparing my collection of pre-Roberti-Roos/SB23 firearms to the latest and greatest OLLs set up with the MM grip, and can give a testimonial warrant they are as good, and in some cases better, than those pre-Roberti-Roos/SB23 firearms, often due to the advances in technology that have evolved since those late 1980s and late 1990s days.

If you have come to Calguns.net with a feeble goal to tear up the OLL issue, boy have you come to the wrong place.

However, good luck!!

xenophobe
01-15-2007, 9:35 PM
but I got my reg'd AW

You only got one? lol *points and laughs*

ha ha

Okami
01-15-2007, 9:36 PM
Did some one say KRINKER PLINKER???

Sorry,

KRINKER PLINKER!:eek:

OGAW510
01-15-2007, 9:36 PM
Remington's or any nice hunting type rifles are pretty cool, accurate and prob easier to load than fixed mag guns -

I do not even own a mini but I am a hardcore HK lover and have FA 91 (hk 91 clone), sp 89, an usc, calico liberty 100, Norinco Mak 90, egyptian maadi AK, AR 15, so I really could care less about what you guys think of my knowledge of guns.

None of my guns are anything special but my shooting buds just laugh at how lame the oll shooting experience is.

I been collecting since the day I turned 18 knowing that if you snooze you lose

rorschach
01-15-2007, 9:38 PM
Remington's or any nice hunting type rifles are pretty cool, accurate and prob easier to load than fixed mag guns -

I do not even own a mini but I am a hardcore HK lover and have FA 91 (hk 91 clone), sp 89, an usc, calico liberty 100, Norinco Mak 90, egyptian maadi AK, AR 15, so I really could care less about what you guys think of my knowledge of guns.

None of my guns are anything special but my shooting buds just laugh at how lame the oll shooting experience is.

I been collecting since the day I turned 18 knowing that if you snooze you lose

OK elitist, so whats your point?? We got all that stuff too, we could throw makes and models around all day. And DOJ doesnt know whats in my safe.

Looks like another ARFcommer stumbled onto CG.

kantstudien
01-15-2007, 9:39 PM

So, according to your logic, you would prefer an actual hyundai (mini-14)? :rolleyes:

Having a set screw on my mag-button makes it so unacceptably different from a "real" AR. :rolleyes:

hoffmang
01-15-2007, 9:40 PM

I think the correct analogy is that its like either driving a Ferrari with doors welded shut (ala Dukes of Hazard) or no doors and a roll cage.

Given the option between no Ferrari and one with door modifications... I know what my choice is.

Either way you go just as fast.

-Gene

Blue
01-15-2007, 9:40 PM
Remington's or any nice hunting type rifles

Who said we wanted hunting rifles?

xenophobe
01-15-2007, 9:41 PM
I really could care less about what you guys think of my knowledge of guns.

It's not your knowledge of guns that people are judging you by, it's your attitude.

EDIT: And your poll option on the "real" rifle (Mini-14) is hilarious. lol I know what a Remington 750 is, but what's a Remington 900? lol

ARRRR-15
01-15-2007, 9:41 PM
LOL. Yeah what happens when the conductor comes and decides to kick you off the train? The conductor has your name and number. They don't have ours. What happens when you want to give your ticket to your kids and let them ride? Oh, that is right, they don't get to. My kids will get to keep on riding our train.

He may just be able to fix the mag and hand it over from what I've been hearing so far this year.:)

naimad
01-15-2007, 9:42 PM

Does that reg aw of yours say daisy red ryder on the side of it ,come on dont be mad because your mom wont take you to walmart to buy some BBs:D

Prc329
01-15-2007, 9:43 PM
I've owned a Mini-14 and currently have 4 AR15s and looking into others. I can deal with a pinned mag to be able to shoot circles around my old mini. As much as I liked my min-14 when I had it, after shooting my AR (both featureless and fixed mag) it could not hold a candle to them. Plus the look cooler.

OGAW510
01-15-2007, 9:43 PM
you guys have fun with this for tonight keep the thumbhole stock plugged up and keep loading from the top -

rorschach
01-15-2007, 9:44 PM
you guys have fun with this for tonight keep the thumbhole stock plugged up and keep loading from the top -

Oh we will junior, we will.

ARRRR-15
I think the correct analogy is that its like either driving a Ferrari with doors welded shut (ala Dukes of Hazard) or no doors and a roll cage.

Given the option between no Ferrari and one with door modifications... I know what my choice is.

Either way you go just as fast.

-Gene

An even better analogy would be having to insert a bullet tip into the stick shift every time to shift gears.:D

blkA4alb
Thanks bud! I will. :) He's really a nice guy guys.

Hope you have fun too.

Blue
01-15-2007, 9:45 PM

If we do that we can use detatch mags. So why would we load from the top?

Prc329
01-15-2007, 9:46 PM
An even better analogy would be having to insert a bullet tip into the stick shift every time to shift gears.:D

Actually I think it would be using the bullet tip to gas up.

hoffmang
01-15-2007, 9:47 PM
Ogaw510,

I challenge you to a duel. You bring whatever you want in 5.56 and I'll bring my OLL. I get to shoot first.

Interested?

-Gene

DedEye
01-15-2007, 9:48 PM
For the love of God please don't feed the troll!

whomper
01-15-2007, 9:49 PM

I didn't live here when the registration was opened. So what the hell am I supposed to do?

ARRRR-15
01-15-2007, 9:49 PM
Actually I think it would be using the bullet tip to gas up.

I thought of that, but you have to get out and go to the filler anyways. Thats like complaining about having to use a tool to open your upper when cleaning.

CALI-gula
01-15-2007, 9:51 PM

You're still here? Continuing to show that amazing ignorance of yours? Stating something like "keep the thumbhole stock plugged up and keep loading from the top" shows just how little you know. You would best serve yourself by keeping your keyboard "plugged up".

Good bye. (Ignore list.) Come back when you obtain an education, or are at least old enough to vote.

DedEye
01-15-2007, 9:52 PM
He's a TROLL. He came here specifically to get people riled up. Ignore him everyone!

OGAW510
01-15-2007, 10:01 PM
Just keep in mind that when you are at the range, shooters who know are laughing at your setup

bwiese
01-15-2007, 10:02 PM

Hey, Turkey...

I have 10 reg'd AWs -- oops, 9, got rid of that POS Mini14 (factory folder).
Bought it for under $300 and sold it for $975 to one of your brethren.

I got involved in the OLL revolution because I wanted to help out other folks be able to shoot ARs. It's not about the pistol grip, it's about the upper. Mini14 folks don't understand that.

BTW, putting a Mini14 in the same league as an AR is, um, humorous.

There are perfectly valid reasons to own an off-list-based rifle - lotsa younger folks weren't able to acquire/register them before 2000. I am sad these younger folks can't have the same rifle configurations I have.

Many folks are buying them as 'retirement guns', too - so they have them in hand if they move out of state and the Fed AW ban gets reinstated (not terribly likely, but enough chance it's worth it to be paranoid).

Gripless OLL builds, esp with U15 stocks or MonsterMan grips, are a valid, viable solution esp for precision shooting.

OGAW510
01-15-2007, 10:05 PM
So you can honestly say you prefer OLL shooting over your AW's - If you say yes you're full of it

rorschach
01-15-2007, 10:07 PM
Just keep in mind that when you are at the range, shooters who know are laughing at your setup

Nobody laughs when at me when I punch out the X with my HKs.

More like "Dood, where can I get one?"

Blue
01-15-2007, 10:07 PM
So you can honestly say you prefer OLL shooting over your AW's - If you say yes you're full of it
So should we break the law in order to get an AR?

Blue
01-15-2007, 10:09 PM
You know, 5+ years ago, if you wanted ANY sort of AR your only choice was to break the law. These OLL's are a step in the right direction. I'm glad to see that the antigun DOJ owns you.

rorschach

No, we should just get mini 14's

blacklisted

Shooters that know what? I know what it feels like to shoot rifles in their proper configuration. It's not much different than what I have now.

And I could care less what others think of the way my rifle "looks".

I laugh at shooters than think a different grip changes the function of a rifle.

I especially laugh at fools that would rather have a POS MINI-14 than an AR with a different grip...

bwiese
01-15-2007, 10:10 PM

I don't shoot OLLs, I've tried to help others get theirs. I have enough problems moving stuff around on my 6 ARs + my AR10 that getting any more is moot - though I did get 4 Stag receivers just to sample my own handiwork.

C.G.
01-15-2007, 10:11 PM

Don't feed the trolls!

rorschach
01-15-2007, 10:11 PM
And I'll be laughing at you when I get my Masada.

naimad
01-15-2007, 10:12 PM
Don't feed the trolls!

I second that:mad:

OGAW510
01-15-2007, 10:12 PM
"I don't shoot OLLs" I think that says it all Turkey

bwiese
01-15-2007, 10:13 PM

I doubt it. Lotsa folks that see OLL setups are asking, "how can I get one too?"

And "shooters who know" don't have Mini14s.

OGAW510
01-15-2007, 10:16 PM
I may not be in the majority, but from the looks of the poll others feel the same way as I do -

Turbinator
01-15-2007, 10:19 PM
I may not be in the majority, but from the looks of the poll others feel the same way as I do -

So, what reg'ed guns do you own?

Turby

ivanimal
01-15-2007, 10:19 PM
Time to flush the crap.:mad:

Gringo Bandito
01-15-2007, 10:20 PM
So your purpose for signing up on this board was to tell people that there gear is getting laughed at?

You might want to revise your poll and ask how many people value your opinion.

aklover_91
Me and my pop are putting together a Romanian G kit right now. I'm 15. No way in hell I could have a registered AK to myself, but if I slap an MM grip on my rifle when it's done I'm legal in could to go, and f*** you. I don't give a rats *** what you think about the way my gun looks. I enjoy it and thats all that matters.

Prc329

At the range I get asked by other shooters how to get one every time I go. The only people that are laughing are Cold War Shooters, Ammo Bros, 10%, DDS Ranch and others willing to help people get these rifles. As they look at there bank accounts.

mr2.0
01-15-2007, 10:22 PM
OGAW510, do yourself a favor and go play somewhere else, you gonna make yourself look even more stupid being here.

rorschach
01-15-2007, 10:23 PM
At the range I get asked by other shooters how to get one every time I go. The only people that are laughing are Cold War Shooters, Ammo Bros, 10%, DDS Ranch and others willing to help people get these rifles.

Yup, judging by the crowd that mobs the CWS table at the shows, I would say they laugh all the way to the bank.

Kestryll
01-15-2007, 10:26 PM
Two questions and a challenge.

First, in California 2007 what do you suggest doing as far as aquiring a semi-auto rifle given the laws we have today? No 'I got it back when' stuff, today.

Second, what is your idea or plan to reverse the current legal errors this State has made?

The challenge, given the required ten day wait and shopping time you have fifeteen days to aquire your 'untainted' AR-15 in a California city. Let's pick one at random, say Fremont. I on the other hand will, in that fifeteen day period aquire and build an OLL into a rifle that uses a bullet tip to remove the magazine.
Which one of us will be on the range firing on day 16?

pieeater
01-15-2007, 10:32 PM
http://www.fototime.com/CAA6E6BAC52F1EA/standard.jpg

ivanimal
01-15-2007, 10:33 PM
Two questions and a challenge.

First, in California 2007 what do you suggest doing as far as aquiring a semi-auto rifle given the laws we have today? No 'I got it back when' stuff, today.

Second, what is your idea or plan to reverse the current legal errors this State has made?

The challenge, given the required ten day wait and shopping time you have fifeteen days to aquire your 'untainted' AR-15 in a California city. Let's pick one at random, say Fremont. I on the other hand will, in that fifeteen day period aquire and build an OLL into a rifle that uses a bullet tip to remove the magazine.
Which one of us will be on the range firing on day 16?

He cant answer. Do you want me to unflush him?:confused: I was just doin mu job dude.:cool:

CA SHOOTER
01-15-2007, 10:34 PM
Man OGAW510 is a Douchebag :eek: .

ETA : Keep him banned .

Kestryll
01-15-2007, 10:35 PM
Aww.. Ivan..
You smooshed him while I was still playing with him!

You always take my toys away....... :p

Kestryll
01-15-2007, 10:36 PM
He cant answer. Do you want me to unflush him?:confused: I was just doin mu job dude.:cool:

Nah, he came here to cause trouble and pick a fight, he got in over his head and you probably bailed him out by removing him.

ivanimal
01-15-2007, 10:37 PM
Aww.. Ivan..
You smooshed him while I was still playing with him!

You always take my toys away....... :p

Sure blame me they always blame me:eek:

SemiAutoSam
01-15-2007, 10:38 PM
I had a feeling when I saw his first post he was a trouble maker.

Thanks Ivan.

You do a good job of taking the trash out.

When do I get my PW to the blue room.

hoffmang
01-15-2007, 10:39 PM
And here I thought I might get an Alexander Hamilton style duel...

Enh... more important things to do..

-Gene

ivanimal
01-15-2007, 10:45 PM
I feel good, I think Ill go buy another gun.:D

rorschach
01-15-2007, 10:49 PM
C'mon, you think OGAssWipe would come back after we boo'ed him offstage??

What a tool.

fairfaxjim
01-15-2007, 10:50 PM
Time to flush the crap.:mad:
Thanks Ivan, it was getting pretty deep there.:)

Aluisious
01-15-2007, 10:55 PM
I have some cookies lying around, you want one?

whatdyisit
01-15-2007, 10:58 PM
I got BRD, and the only prescription (in Cali) is more OLL. I'll take OLL over no ar's any day. Thanks for banning that guy.

rorschach
01-15-2007, 11:05 PM
Well after pissing off most of the Calgunners standing watch at the time, looks like this one has just about run it's course. How 'bout it mods??

Aluisious
01-15-2007, 11:06 PM
I got BRD, and the only prescription (in Cali) is more OLL. I'll take OLL over no ar's any day. Thanks for banning that guy.
You're right.

I think about SU-16s, and then open the case to my pinned-mag, stock-A2 configed AR-15, and think "COOOOOOOOOOOL!"

BRD FTW

01-15-2007, 11:11 PM
Ivan don't feel bad for giving him an early flush. It keeps the room from stinking.

xenophobe
01-15-2007, 11:31 PM
I don't see that he did anything to qualify being banned. Perhaps warned once, which he didn't even seem to receive.

blkA4alb
01-15-2007, 11:38 PM
I don't see that he did anything to qualify being banned. Perhaps warned once, which he didn't even seem to receive.
I would have to agree.

soopafly
01-15-2007, 11:41 PM
If OGAW510 is serious, I feel bad for how clueless he is or anyone who thinks like him. The whole "OLL saga" is beyond the scope of just having a neutered AR versus a fully functional rifle. Beyond choosing between a fixed mag with a pistol grip or detachable mag without SB23 features. It's about demonstrating the absurdity of California AW law. Hopefully, this is just the beginning and I will one day see the repeal of RR, SB23, etc. On that day, I will celebrate. I will think back on how a few ballsy individuals opened the gate. And I shall remove the mag-locks on my rifles...for my children.

hoffmang
01-15-2007, 11:43 PM
Ivan,

I miss the troll. :rolleyes:

-Gene

Scarecrow Repair
01-15-2007, 11:53 PM
And we OLL owners have unregistered 4x4s. You can't take your Ferrari to all the interesting places we can -- you have to go to either your own property, or approved AW ranges, or get express written permission from the property owner, or some BLM land. You have to go directly there and back home, no stopping on the way, you can't take it to your friend's house to show it off. You have to transport it in a locked container, including from your house to the car.

And the guvmint knows you have it.

If that is what cooks your dougnuts, go for it.

eckerph
01-15-2007, 11:58 PM

I hope he knows airsoft doesnt count.:(

Kestryll
01-16-2007, 12:05 AM

Just for the record for those who didn't see the earlier post and poll the last two choices were my additions to his poll after he made it.
He signed on solely to agitate and pick a fight, look his posts over and you find that all are derisive with no real purpose other than to bait.

I'll admit I was having fun with him myself, which is another reason post like his aren't good. All it does is encourage us to act more like him in response, then he has set the tone of our actions.

hoffmang
01-16-2007, 12:07 AM
Well, it is indicative that the options you added out voted his options combined :D

-Gene

Kestryll
01-16-2007, 12:10 AM
Well, it is indicative that the options you added out voted his options combined :D

-Gene

This is true!
I just felt a little parity was needed....

bwiese
01-16-2007, 12:14 AM
Damn, he got my blood going a bit - but I'd just fed 4 cats, so feeding the troll was just one more step...

C.G.
01-16-2007, 2:41 AM
Sure blame me they always blame me:eek:

I think I was the bad guy first by calling him a troll, you just did your job.

ivanimal
01-16-2007, 9:14 AM
I think I was the bad guy first by calling him a troll, you just did your job.

Come here with the sole purpose of riling the other members and you deserve nothing less than to leave. Your calling him a troll just seconds what I was thinking and makes my job easier. I donít think showing him the door was soon enough. Sorry if others disagree, there is enough to think about without in fighting and dissention.

sthornwall
01-16-2007, 9:53 AM
I find that regardless of what features you decide to use with your OLL, you will have a high quality and extremly accurate weapon. The U.S. military has been using the same, if not, similar platform for over 40 years. I can't argue with that.

Chaingun
01-16-2007, 10:18 AM
Late again:D

Mini14 would have been a great rifle if Ruger used the AR-15 mag...that is all

mltrading
01-16-2007, 10:24 AM
Although the gripless and/or mag-lock ideas look freaky, I am so glad to own OLLs.

The whole OLL thing proves the stupidity of those idiotic politicians.

Fight on! OLL:D

Mud
01-16-2007, 11:17 AM
Ahh, I always show up after the fun.:)

I was just going to add :
No Mag Locks Here!!!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a149/6ppc/BlackStar/rifle_splash.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a149/6ppc/BlackStar/3-Gun1-7020.jpg

Aluisious
01-16-2007, 11:58 AM
Ahh, I always show up after the fun.:)

I was just going to add :
No Mag Locks Here!!!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a149/6ppc/BlackStar/rifle_splash.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a149/6ppc/BlackStar/3-Gun1-7020.jpg
Me likey, but where does the buffer tube go?

I assume you have to rig up some kind of other system.

C.G.
01-16-2007, 12:22 PM
Me likey, but where does the buffer tube go?

I assume you have to rig up some kind of other system.

It is sort of like a FAL. Was trying to find the thread on it, but can't seem to find it.

rod
01-16-2007, 12:22 PM
I responded to the poll before I scrolled down to read it was originated by someone that I should have ignored. Too late now. I have a mini 14 and it's a fun gun to shoot. I also have an OLL that I'm building that will be more fun to shoot. If someone has a built up OLL that sucks, it's their own fault. There are so many choices as to how one can build a lower into something that fits their style of shooting given the laws we have to follow. Not everyone was able to own a real AR and register it. I think it's great that there are so many people getting into the shooting sport now and still have some options available other than shooting a mini-14. As for the person who originated the poll, I'm glad you had a good laugh. I wish I was simple minded enough to be so easily ammused.

drclark
01-16-2007, 2:00 PM
Before OLL's there were options for owning AW-like weapons. Most were overpriced and not popular. Anyone who does not understand why OLL's are much more popular than previously available options (i.e. FAB10, etc) then they just won't get it.

As a direct result of the OLL craze, the DOJ has voluntarily forfieted their ability to list new weapons and the features ban has been reduced to banning the action of unscrewing a set screw 3-4 turns.

drc

Comstock Lode
01-16-2007, 2:26 PM
No doubt about it chief, a Cali legal AR is WAY better than no AR. And I think the mag locks and/or gripless designs are continuing to improve. Perhaps more importantly the philosophical/symbolic significance of legally owning an AR type rifle, which was simply not available a couple of years go...

veeklog
01-16-2007, 3:24 PM
Late for the fight!! Damn it, work!!

Well, I am going to throw out my opinion now: I have a registered AW, Mini-14, and because of work, I have several nice "toys" that I carry on those special occasions. But, for a long time, I was very jealous because I wanted to build my own AR type rifle, and then the OLL's came, and my wish has been granted.

I like the feeling I get knowing I will be building something and not buying off the shelf. I can say with pride that I bought all the parts (except upper) and learned to build an OLL. I don't care if they laugh at me, because it is mine and mine alone. Plus the fact that for a long time the gun owners in this friggen state have been getting the shaft by politicians who are suppossed to be serving us, not their own interests. People who believe that flash suppressors, pistol grips, and collapsable stocks cause more crime are insane!! I guess most of these people have not heard of the National Institute of Justice, who in their yearly reports, have stated that AW's cause anywhere from 1-2% of all gun related crimes (I think that is still high, though). Most crimes are committed by cheap guns, not a $1200 firearm.

As far as the Mini goes, it is a fun gun to shoot, but lets face it, it is no OLL. I am glad I found out about OLL's and I am glad I was made part of this forum. I will also say that I do not regularly drink the Kool-Aid, and even though I have had my moments of weakness, I'm a little bright and have read my share of college and law enforcement related books and periodicals to know the difference between being intelligent and ignorant.

As far as the post goes, we have come together to stand up for our rights as free citizens (with taxes, of course). If dumbasses want to post their opinions, let them do it and it will show what true donkeys that they really are. As for the rest us, we know we sleep a little better everynight knowing that we played the game, and actually won a round in the fight. Now let's see if we can keep it together and continue the fight to get what every other state except ours have. Thanks to Bill Weise and others on this board.

My two cents.

jaymz
01-16-2007, 3:25 PM
Top loading is no big deal. So it takes a minute to reload, big deal. Bottom line is this......when/if SHTF, the locks comin' off!:eek:

Diablo
01-16-2007, 4:09 PM
I feel good, I think Ill go buy another gun.:D

Man, how many weapons do you have now??:eek:

gunrun45
01-16-2007, 4:54 PM
I own several AW's and use several others at work.
I at first mocked this entire OLL thing, then I started thinking about it and ended up buying 5 OLL AR receivers. So far I've built 3 into rifles and I'm looking at doing an AK and maybe a H&K type rifle this year for fun.

Why? Parts are cheap, its fun building them, its different than a Rem 700 and I miss the ingeneously designed mil-type actions that are fun to tinker with and my wife doesn't notice as much because I build them from pieces ;)

Fjold
01-16-2007, 7:04 PM
To bad there's no stupid filter on here.

paradox
01-16-2007, 7:41 PM
To bad there's no stupid filter on here.

Anyone who invents a stupid filter will either become a billionaire or be assassinated.

Prc329
01-16-2007, 8:01 PM
my wife doesn't notice as much because I build them from pieces ;)

+1 to that brother :D I have built 4 without a second guess from the wife.

M. Sage
01-16-2007, 8:29 PM

I gotta say it.

Hey, up yours. Some of us "suckers" didn't live here before the "train left. Some of us "suckers" are too young to own a registered rifle.

SC-Texas
01-16-2007, 8:51 PM
Reading this board from the free state of Texas, I am once again sickened by the way the Commiefornia legislature treates is subjects.

I have no idea what OLL stands for. It obviously stands for a castrated rifle setup with monkey like reloading. It makes me wonder if I would go jump through those hoops to own and shoot my favorite rifles.

I probably would as I like shooting the AR platform more than any of my other rifles. however, its really queer what has to be done to the AR platform to make it legal in California.

Here is a few videos of our Houston Shootouts:

2006 New Years Eve Machinegun Shoot (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1668839498)

Dec 2005 Leona Shoot out (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=859522182)

2004 Southeast Texas AWB Expiration Shoot (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=860634751)

In fact, I would be denied entry in California with about 98% of my collection.

After reading through this thread and this website, I am deeply saddened, but happy that a few of y'all do what you can to keep the fire alive.

Cheers, SC-Texas

Tzvia
01-16-2007, 9:52 PM
I saw some people at the Chabot range with some funky looking grips and another with fixed mag where he needed to load from the top and I was just laughing my head off. I just thought it was so stupid how they were kidding themselves that these are actually cool. If you're gonna get into guns and shooting, why not just buy a mini 14 or a nice remington instead having some faulty setup that is uglier than hell. Just my opinion but I think there are better guns out there that you still can buy in Cali.

Sorry dude, but I think that 'these are actually cool' and the mags come off.
http://home.earthlink.net/~tzvia1/images/Rifles/larue.jpg
http://home.earthlink.net/~tzvia/images/Rifles/fullrifle.jpg
http://home.earthlink.net/~l.segal/images/ar15/tangun.jpg
The last one has my 'attachable' mag lock. Instant off with a tool, and instant lockup requiring a tool so the rifle at no time has the ability to accept a detatchable mag without partial disassembly of the action (mag retention parts).
Yup... Larue, CMMG, CMT, RRA, WOA, Wilson, Troy, Aimpoint, Vltor... But you are right, your mini14 is way cooler and probably more accurate...:p

Oh, and SC-Texas, OLL stands for Off List Lower. By court ruling, 'assault weapons' can only be banned by brand/model. Not by series. So 'AR-15' is no good, it must say 'Bushmaster XM-15'. If Bushmaster comes out with an 'XR-15' it is not on the list so the lower receiver would be legal. Many are not on the list, and with a new law, no more can be added. So as long as we configure them with no evil features (pistol grips, Flashhiders, thumbhole/collapsing stock, grenade launcher...) we can have interchangable mags. If we want those features, the mag must be fixed requiring a tool, as in the bottom rifle pictured. So I press a recessed button with an alen key and it is legal.

superhondaz50
01-17-2007, 9:34 AM
geeeeeeeese! my offlist no features AR style rifle is far superior to any mini-14, kel-tec, or remington. Sure it has no pistol grip, but the functionality is still 100% and even with no grip it is still comforatable to hold! I guess some people just dont get it.

anonymous
01-26-2007, 11:28 AM
I know this thread is old news, but I wanted to say that I don't see the big deal here about registered AWs being far superior to OLLs. Does a flash hider, collapsible stock and pistol grip really add that much to the experience? Plus, with the registration and strict transportation requirements, you would think an OLL might be preferable to an AW. Heck, you can't even legally shoot your AW in the desert, which is pretty much a deal breaker for me.

Besides, the AWB is going to be renewed with the loop holes closed and the OLL situation will eventually be patched and us OLLers will become the "lucky ones" eventually, just give it 5 years.

luvtolean
01-26-2007, 11:37 AM
The PG is a key ergonomic feature for handling both in competition and in more serious "competition" for all the marbles.

The other stuff isn't the big deal, but the PG is huge.

Rugerdaddy
01-26-2007, 12:12 PM
Besides, the AWB is going to be renewed with the loop holes closed and the OLL situation will eventually be patched and us OLLers will become the "luck ones" eventually, just give it 5 years.

This is the 2nd most important reason for building one ASAP. 1st reason- I WANT one NOW! :)

Mr. Ed
01-26-2007, 12:26 PM
Old thread...but I love my OLL and my mini. The OLL is great...and we all know why, but the mini is also great because it eats up everything I give and I don't have to clean it as often. AND...my mini is pretty darn accurate.

grammaton76
01-26-2007, 12:51 PM
Heh, last night at the range I let a former marine play with my MMG-equipped AR. He intends to buy one soon. :)

hoffmang
01-26-2007, 1:21 PM
U-15 and Monsterman are excellent solutions in actual ergonomics.

If you care to have evil features including a normal pistol grip, get a bullet tip magazine lock.

-Gene

JWC6
01-26-2007, 1:24 PM
Heh, last night at the range I let a former marine play with my MMG-equipped AR. He intends to buy one soon. :)

This has been the experience with everyone that has tried my MM grip LMT, even those with registered AW's.

"Hey, this is actually really nice with the the ambi selector, I'm gonna get another one!"

paradox
01-26-2007, 1:28 PM
The PG is a key ergonomic feature for handling both in competition and in more serious "competition" for all the marbles.

The other stuff isn't the big deal, but the PG is huge.

Pistol grips are overreated ;)

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=39534

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/4554/ngfinishedmountedgripwn8.jpg

grammaton76
01-26-2007, 1:32 PM
This has been the experience with everyone that has tried my MM grip LMT, even those with registered AW's.

"Hey, this is actually really nice with the the ambi selector, I'm gonna get another one!"

Yep. I actually passed out something like three fliers last night. And, uh, found out that MM grips and U-15 stocks may actually have international ramifications... ;)

chico.cm
09-04-2007, 10:51 AM
I wonder who would get laughed at more: You, with a ridiculous mini, or me owning you with 75 year old .22 rifle?
You bring the mini, I'll bring the .22: 100 yards, 10 shots, open sights.
When I win, you stop trolling all gun sites and promise not to breed! nnnKay?

It's not about what you shoot, but how you shoot it.

DedEye
09-04-2007, 1:20 PM
Wow this is an old thread.

Necroposting...