PDA

View Full Version : l.e.g.r/ d.o.j

AR-MAN88
08-11-2011, 9:20 PM
Hey guys, few questions,

after getting my rifle seized by the local police department, and getting the news that i can get it back a month later -with l.e.g.r form, what are the chances of getting my rifle back? i mean i wasn't arrested/ticketed ever but the reason why it was taken away is because of negligence/improper store with children in the household( it was place on my bed with childeren out in the living room with wife,door was closed).. but since i was told i can get it back.. what are the chances with the d.o.j? will the incident take away my privilege away to own a firearm?

G17GUY
08-11-2011, 9:51 PM
Hey guys, few questions,

after getting my rifle seized by the local police department, and getting the news that i can get it back a month later -with l.e.g.r form, what are the chances of getting my rifle back? i mean i wasn't arrested/ticketed ever but the reason why it was taken away is because of negligence/improper store with children in the household( it was place on my bed with childeren out in the living room with wife,door was closed).. but since i was told i can get it back.. what are the chances with the d.o.j? will the incident take away my privilege away to own a firearm?

Go ahead and turn in the LEGR
http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/legr.pdf

contact the calguns foundation

(800) 556-2109
hotline@calgunsfoundation.org

Ron-Solo
08-11-2011, 10:19 PM
As messed up as DOJ can be sometimes, that really isn't what they are all about. The LEGR is basically the same background check they would do if you were buying a gun at a dealer, just they don't have to do it within ten days. If you have a clear background, file the LEGR and get your gun back. Keep in contact with the investigator and make sure he knows you intend on retrieving your rifle.

Stop dragging your feet, jump thru the hoop, and get your gun back. :)