PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Knock off....

BajaJames83
08-11-2011, 12:39 PM
anyone have or had and use any of these??? any reviews and or suggestions???

i know theres nothing better than the real thing....

with that said on my current budget and my wants.....

i want to get one of these cloned eotech 552/553 and an acog.

rero360
08-11-2011, 1:13 PM
As I've said it in a number of other threads, if you truly want the real deal, and trust me, it is worth it, and you are willing to wait, simply make a small change or two to your budget and start saving. I was able to do just that to fund a USO as a college student by cutting down on my drinking and buying groceries in bulk to save money.

The way I look at it, if you spend money on the chinese crap now to have something to use while you save up for the real deal, you just push yourself that further back in getting the real deal.

If you keep an eye on the for sale section here you may find what you are looking for for a decent discount.

bohoki
08-11-2011, 5:43 PM
they are never "clones" they are look alikes

i got one for my 10/22 it is plastic and works like a red dot i paid way to much $50 but it looks neat and i can aim with it i would not trust it with anything recoiling more than a 22lr

cbaer5
08-11-2011, 5:48 PM
they make them for airsoft not real guns airsoft = no recoil

pc_load_letter
08-11-2011, 8:21 PM
I have a 1-4x illuminated reticle scope coming in a couple days from Vector Optics from China.

If you're interested, i can post some pics and review after I get the optic.

ejhc11
08-12-2011, 9:24 AM
Get at least a Red Dot made for real guns, like previous posts said, knockoffs are made for airsofts. Check out Primary Arms for their red dots, good quality and cheap prices.

OpticsPlanet
08-12-2011, 11:40 AM
Been there, done that.

1> Get a can/jar/small box

2> EVERY time you pick up something to buy, think "would i rather have this beer/candy bar/food/medical attention/Starbucks, or the EOTech?"

3> Take the money you were going to spend, and put it in your pocket dedicated to this purpose (I like the left front)

4> Transfer it to the can/jar/small box upon returning home

5> Return object to cooler/counter/shelf/pharmacy/barista

6> Watch it grow

7> Purchase desired item much sooner than you thought

8> Enjoy meaningful item

Repeat steps 1-7 for gun purchase.

Repeat as necessary. It surprised me how quickly all the small purchases add up, and how much I appreciated a purchase after waiting, and also how the thing I just had to have wasn't so important after a few days.

Shoot with iron sights, then buy what you REALLY want.

Mark H.

pc_load_letter
08-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Despite the drawbacks of perceived quality etc etc, I believe that low cost overseas optics provide a number of good benefits.

The primary benefit for me, is that I can use low cost red dots (sometime from Primary Arms and others) and determine what I want exactly and what feels best to me.

I'd sure hate to shell out 600$ for a Aimpoint t-1 then come to realize after shooting it for a few weeks that I don't really like it. Perhaps I'd be better with a 1-4x type or even a fixed 4x? Who knows.

What these low cost optics allow me to do is allow me to feel whats right and what type of shooting I might do most. With the online retailers not have the easiest return policies and steep restocking fees, sometimes the lower quality units work out just fine until the consumer knows what they really want.

rero360
08-12-2011, 2:15 PM
Despite the drawbacks of perceived quality etc etc, I believe that low cost overseas optics provide a number of good benefits.

The primary benefit for me, is that I can use low cost red dots (sometime from Primary Arms and others) and determine what I want exactly and what feels best to me.

I'd sure hate to shell out 600$ for a Aimpoint t-1 then come to realize after shooting it for a few weeks that I don't really like it. Perhaps I'd be better with a 1-4x type or even a fixed 4x? Who knows.

What these low cost optics allow me to do is allow me to feel whats right and what type of shooting I might do most. With the online retailers not have the easiest return policies and steep restocking fees, sometimes the lower quality units work out just fine until the consumer knows what they really want.

But all those negatives of the rip offs (minus those of principle) the crappy glass, inaccurate and inconsistent adjustments, the floating zero, the lack of robustness, will all give you a bad taste in your mouth for that style of optics.

Trust me, I was once like that, when I was young and dumb I bought a BSA red dot at wally world because it was cheap, a decade later and I'm just starting to trust red dots again and start looking into them. I even hated on my issued aimpoint because i didn't trust it, equating it with the BSA.

BajaJames83
08-12-2011, 2:32 PM
review would be great

tomd1584
08-13-2011, 7:37 AM
anyone have or had and use any of these??? any reviews and or suggestions???

i know theres nothing better than the real thing....

with that said on my current budget and my wants.....

i want to get one of these cloned eotech 552/553 and an acog.

You might find a clone Eotech, but you won't find one of the ACOG. the realy ACOG uses fiber optics & tritium. most of the clones are either battery powered or just a fixed 4x scope with a "body" similar to an ACOG.

Many of the clones on the market are pure crap. Primary Arms goes a little further and makes sure the products he's selling/providing follow some guidelines. He definintely markets his products not as clones, but rather as aimpoint "style". He also makes it clear that they should not be used in lieu of the real thing if your goal is serious use.

I think PA's products are good for the money. They don't take the place of a Aimpoint, but for the guy who shoots on the weekend and doesn't want to drop $400-700 on the real thing, its a good alternative.

BajaJames83
08-13-2011, 9:19 AM
ill take a look at primary arms,
just trying to see if anyone has used one of the acog look alikes or eotech's on a real rifle....

ejhc11
08-13-2011, 9:24 AM
Here is a review for Primary Arms Red Dots

1) Good product, holds zero, bright enough for noon time shooting at ASR
2) Good service from company, if you have questions someone is always available to answer them or give recommendations
3) Good value for the price, many mount options that are reasonable in cost too
4) Product meets or exceeds the needs of most shooters