PDA

View Full Version : Opinions/thoughts/bashing on first OLL needed

JGarrison
01-14-2007, 5:34 PM
Well I am new to rifle shooting in general, so bear with me:D I grew up on shotguns and handguns and that was it! Anyway, my idea is to build a gun that I can pretty much just have fun with. I am basing my build around something from 25 yards to 200. Money is not really a concern, so I have decided not to go as cheap as possible, I just want something that will last and be dependable. Here is what I purchased so far, any thoughts on the build, what to add, what to sell and rebuy?:D It's a lil different then the normal builds I see here, but that is what I am aiming for as well:)

Mega Gator lower reciever with RRA LPK, stage two trigger.
GripPod forward assist
Mapgul PRS
Vltor VIS-2
Noveske Medium contour Recon 16.1 barrel, chrome lined mid-length gas
Larue gas block
GTS SuperDuty BCG
PRI Tac Latch
PRI/MSTN Brake
Eotech 512

I haven't bought any BUIS yet, maybe down the road I will but its not really a top priority. I think that is it! PLINK hopefully is going to help me put the upper together, its still in pieces, but it seems pretty straight forward.

Thanks all for your time and thoughts!

NSR500
01-14-2007, 5:38 PM
Looks like you are on the right track with your build.

PLINK
01-14-2007, 6:23 PM
PLINK hopefully is going to help me put the upper together, its still in pieces, but it seems pretty straight forward.

Thanks all for your time and thoughts!

Let me know when you are ready. Bring the directions/ instructions too!!!:p

Tzvia
01-14-2007, 6:41 PM
Looks like a fixed mag build (noticed the grippod-evil feature, and assuming you are using pistol grip from lpk?). If you went with a Monsterman grip, and got something other than that grippod, you could go removable mag (you have fixed stock and a muzzle brake already). Finding a Monsterman would be tough right now, he is changing manufacturing techniques and the new ones are not out yet.

You could also wait for the new 'attachable' maglocks and throw on all the evil you want with a tool removable mag! I've built all three ways now, fixed mag, no evil removable, and now attachable and perfer removable mag myself.

SemiAutoSam
01-14-2007, 9:20 PM
Pin design MAG-LOCK is about 2-3 months before its ready for Retail Sales.

And keep in mind they will not be cheap.

About twice the machine time from my last design.

JGarrison
01-14-2007, 9:42 PM
Let me know when you are ready. Bring the directions/ instructions too!!!:p

Yep for sure, got the barrel and upper parts, just waiting on the VIS now, should be here next week:D

I to add I have the Prince50 kit as of right now:D

SunriseF150
01-15-2007, 8:41 AM
Mega Gator lower reciever with RRA LPK, stage two trigger.
Used this setup as my first build. I've got a standard A2 style stock on it w/ monsterman grip and a complete Colt A3 7.62 upper. I didn't want to take on the task of putting together an upper just yet. I love the Mega receiver and stage 2 trigger.

Sounds like it's going to be an awesome build.