View Full Version : What's the lightest OLL AR rifle you can think of?

01-14-2007, 1:21 PM
What parts (non-trashy) do you think could be put together to form the lightest AR possible?

MM grip

01-14-2007, 1:34 PM
The bushmaster C-15 series is the lightest AR available. The stock rifle wieghs just over 4 lbs. I am sure it can be made lighter by use of a different stock, such as the stubby carbine stock that many vendors carry. I have also seen titanium bolt carriers around that may further reduce weight by a few ounces but I do not know the brand names of those. If you plan on using a dot site then you can reduce the weight further by removing the front site and replacing it with a low profile bushmaster block. Just leave flip up sites all together.

I have a completely tricked out C-15 that weighs just over 5.5 lbs with all the goodies I placed on it.

It might be cheaper to just buy the complete C-15 CA version and cut out the magwell then place ur goodies on it (assuming you want detachable mags). I think bushmaster does custom orders so you may be able to get what you want from the factory.

01-14-2007, 2:00 PM
Kenshin, what do you actually contribute to this board?

01-14-2007, 4:54 PM
Before you worry about saving weight at TEOTWAWKI/ SHTF you need to buy that first rifle.