PDA

View Full Version : Just finished first OLL and omg..

pewpewguns
01-14-2007, 11:36 AM
So I just had the most fun shooting experience in a LONG time shooting my new OLL. However I realized something important about my rifle last night at the range. After about an hour or so of shooting I look down at my bench and notice I've just blown through $75!! worth of ammo! :eek:

Looks like I can only afford to learn to shoot careful and well placed shots.

maxicon
01-14-2007, 11:54 AM
Yah, with kids heading into college, I'm on a lot tighter budget than I used to be. Going to the indoor range with my son the other day cost $45 for range time and targets :eek: and another $30 for ammo.

I'm focussing on shooting more .22s these days to help get around that. It's especially helpful shooting with the kids - after we've blown through 50 rounds on the 1911 and another 50 on the CZ75 or 586, we can switch to .22 and shoot until we're tired without breaking the bank.

Gotta start hitting the outdoor range more, though.

Stanze
01-14-2007, 12:09 PM
I heard the hunting and shooting sports makes more money than the motion picture industry per year, could very well be true!:eek:

C.G.
01-14-2007, 1:18 PM
So I just had the most fun shooting experience in a LONG time shooting my new OLL. However I realized something important about my rifle last night at the range. After about an hour or so of shooting I look down at my bench and notice I've just blown through $75!! worth of ammo! :eek:

Looks like I can only afford to learn to shoot careful and well placed shots.

Maybe you should start reloading or shooting surplus.

Satex
01-14-2007, 1:23 PM
Always shoot with friends - that way you spend more time talking and less time shooting and you save money.