PDA

View Full Version : my shotgun broke on me

chris
01-14-2007, 9:05 AM
My winchester 1300 broke on me while duck hunting :( saturday that would be yesterday. it has givenme 10 years of loyal service and do plan on fixing it. the slidarm assy. broke and i could not use it for the last 1/2 hour or so of the day. i'm going to get a new shotgun and keep this for a backup. i have to say this shotgun has been extremely reliable. i have fired atleast 4k plus rounds out of it and this is the only problem i have had. great shotgun too bad wincehster does not make this shotgun anymore.:(

the new shotgung iplan on getting is a remington 870. gonna do that tommorrow. i may be able to use it on the last day of the season.

caduckgunner
01-14-2007, 9:43 AM
I feel you. My Winchester 1200 has be with me duck hunting for the last 10 years also. I can see it's starting to get tired, so I plan to retire to a nice easy life of upland game bird hunting. Hopefully this summer I can strip it down and have it reblued and refinsh the wood.

ivanimal
01-14-2007, 9:41 PM
Where are you at I could lend you my remington express for the rest of the season. Or if you prefer a Benelli nova.

scorpucla
01-15-2007, 9:27 AM
Where are you at I could lend you my remington express for the rest of the season. Or if you prefer a Benelli nova.

Wow, that's a generous offer, way to go Ivanimal!

chris
01-15-2007, 1:05 PM

thanks for the offer i just went and bought a benelli nova today and i can pick it up and have before the season is over. the 870 i wanted is not even sold to yet. it will go on sale in march and that is the earliest. also i bought my part that i needed for my winchester and it will take about 10 days to get it in.

again thanks for the offer.

Boarding-Team-Leader
01-18-2007, 10:15 PM
I feel you. My Winchester 1200 has be with me duck hunting for the last 10 years also. I can see it's starting to get tired, so I plan to retire to a nice easy life of upland game bird hunting. Hopefully this summer I can strip it down and have it reblued and refinsh the wood.
I was making payments to a sporting goods store for a model 1200 a couple of years before my 18th birthday. When I finally made my last payment, my mother to her surprise had to accompany me to the store to pick it up. If I remember correctly I paid $168.00 for it.
Last year the extractor broke while I was duck hunting with it. I searched everywhere for an extractor and then finally ended up buying a lot of parts including a complete bolt on e-bay. I switched out the entire bolt instead of just the extractor, as I could not figure out how to get it out. Should have downloaded a owners manual for it. I have owned this shotgun for almost thirty years and this was the first malfunction with it. Pretty good service record.

ivanimal
01-21-2007, 9:58 PM
thanks for the offer i just went and bought a benelli nova today and i can pick it up and have before the season is over. the 870 i wanted is not even sold to yet. it will go on sale in march and that is the earliest. also i bought my part that i needed for my winchester and it will take about 10 days to get it in.

again thanks for the offer.

It was my pleasue. Hunters need to be with their quarry.:D