PDA

View Full Version : Where to Take Trash

Dr-Science
08-07-2011, 9:19 PM
Okay, so I would really like to be more proactive in the whole range clean-up scene, but I have no idea where to take the trash I collect. Anyone have any ideas? Is there an entity that will pick it up from where I clean up (like a forest service or something)?
Let's keep cleaning! It's good for the environment and good for you!
:chris:

mswanson223
08-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Take the metals to a buyback center and the rest to the dump recycling should cover cost for the dump.

missiondude
08-08-2011, 7:11 AM
We have the automated trash pick-up in San Diego, and early on, I bought 2 extra cans. the 3 cans can take pretty much a truck bed full. I know that does not help those of you that clean up a shot up fridge or tv sets, but the general small stuff can go in the regular trash.

gtturborex
08-08-2011, 9:17 AM
We are lucky enough to have the local trash company donate 40ft dumpsters to our cleaups. Marborg has been a tremendous help to us. Maybe you can inquire through your local company.

GUNNTZ
08-08-2011, 4:16 PM
ranger stations will most likely let you use theirs. Sometimes your local grocery store will let you use theirs if you ask nice and don't abuse/overfill it.

Falconis
08-08-2011, 10:32 PM
I don't know if this helps, but years ago I helped a buddy clean up some land he purchased. Needless to say, there was a lot of cleaning to do.

We took anything recyclable to a recycling center for cash.

We buried most organic materials in one hole.

At the end of the day we bon fired what we could and buried those ashes in multiple holes. (I don't know how feasible that is at some of these sites). Obviously you have to be super careful when doing this.

What was left actually wasn't much to haul away and dump.

Hope this helps.

Dr-Science
08-13-2011, 10:15 AM
Those are some good ideas. Thanks for the help!