PDA

View Full Version : .308 Oll

veeklog
01-13-2007, 6:05 PM
Hey guys:

I'm thinking of buying a OLL .in .308. I recently purchased two 5.56 lowers (one Stag, one Dane Armory) and in the process of building them. Will post pictures of first one soon.

But I want to make a AR type rifle in .308. Originally I wanted a DPMS lower, but because they are labeled "Panther" they might be on the SB-23 list. So, what do I have left. Rock River recently came out with their .308 but it won't be out till winter 2007 and I I think it uses a FAL type mag release (no fixed mag config). What else do I have left? I don't want Vulcan/Hesse (after reading horror stories on this website) so are there anymore OLL's in .308? Thanks guys

rssslvr
01-13-2007, 6:14 PM
The POF .308 will be out soon too

veeklog
01-13-2007, 6:17 PM
Thanks. Will have to wait for the POF I guess

rorschach
01-13-2007, 6:40 PM
I'm still waiting for someone to test the theory of Prince50 (or other magazine lock)+10 round magazine+ listed receiver= non assault weapon, as explained here (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=45333).

Then SR25, you shall be mine. You too HK94 and Colt 6920.

Anyone know a willing FFL??

pc_city
01-14-2007, 8:03 AM
I don't want Vulcan/Hesse (after reading horror stories on this website) so are there anymore OLL's in .308? Thanks guys
The horror stories pretty much are coming from folks that bought Vulcan .223 lowers. The biggest problem that folks have had with Hesse/Vulcan .308 lowers has been caused by the POS DPMS magazines. I built up an HAR-25 lower with an Armalite LPK and an Armalite mag. It works like a charm with a Noveske/Armalite upper. The HAR-25 lower will go away when a Noveske lower comes out.
http://you-jane.com/images/Hesse_Noveske.jpg
I had an Armalite upper on it until the Noveske upper arrived. I never had a problem with that one either. I and several other people on this board have enjoyed many fun-filled hours perforating fixed and moving targets with our Hesse/Armalite rifles. :) Armalite has been in the .308 AR game for longer than any other company and has no peer.

ketec_owner
01-14-2007, 9:52 AM
The POF .308 will be out soon too

POF is supposed to be DPMS compatible. Noveske is supposed to be AR-10 compatible.

C.G.
01-14-2007, 12:13 PM
The horror stories pretty much are coming from folks that bought Vulcan .223 lowers. The biggest problem that folks have had with Hesse/Vulcan .308 lowers has been caused by the POS DPMS magazines. I built up an HAR-25 lower with an Armalite LPK and an Armalite mag. It works like a charm with a Noveske/Armalite upper. The HAR-25 lower will go away when a Noveske lower comes out.

I had an Armalite upper on it until the Noveske upper arrived. I never had a problem with that one either. I and several other people on this board have enjoyed many fun-filled hours perforating fixed and moving targets with our Hesse/Armalite rifles. :) Armalite has been in the .308 AR game for longer than any other company and has no peer.

I have an Armalite upper on my HAR-25 and it works fine and, as mentioned above, have had a lot of fun with it.

five.five-six
01-14-2007, 12:50 PM
I have an Armalite upper on my HAR-25 and it works fine and, as mentioned above, have had a lot of fun with it.

+3 hesses with armalite upper. loved them all