PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you own M&P 40 Pro 5"

g_conway
08-07-2011, 3:40 PM
Just trying to get a handle on ability to purchase used within CA.
I am looking for one; but don't want to hold off new purchase if there are only 10 in the whole state!

I WILL NOT pester any of you asking you to sell!!!

I Will be glad to discuss if YOU want to sell.

I have already posted in WTB.

I appreaciate any help here, wether it is:
0 replies :mad:
just a few :(
over 100 ;)
boat loads :eek:

P.S. Does anyone out there know when the M&P Pro 5" were first sold? (found out... SW says sold in mid 2007)

Can't buy anything here
08-07-2011, 3:44 PM
It's gonna be hard. There's a guy on the Smith&Wesson board looking for one too ....:)

Sam
08-07-2011, 3:53 PM
From what I understand is that M&Ps are in short supply right now, however, single shotting one is an option outside of buying one via PPT.

g_conway
08-07-2011, 6:11 PM
It's gonna be hard. There's a guy on the Smith&Wesson board looking for one too ....:)

Thats probably me.

I was referd to this site ( didn't know it existed until then) by a member of the S&W forum.

g_conway
08-07-2011, 6:13 PM
From what I understand is that M&Ps are in short supply right now, however, single shotting one is an option outside of buying one via PPT.

Not to sound too stupid, but how do you legally "single shot" a semi-auto?

gorenut
08-07-2011, 6:31 PM

Yup, I explored this option as well when I was thinking of getting an M&P 5" in 9mm. The gunbroker auction I was looking at went too high and I didn't think it was worth spending $700+ then some more to get Apex parts to get it. Thats treading into Sig and H&K territory. I'll stick to Glock for now. I have a feeling M&P 5" models will get on the roster once they can produce enough to meet demands (since it uses the same frame as the FS).

You don't do it yourself unless you have a license to accept these guns, but you can find stores and individuals who do. Look for a member named RLW with the avatar saying "Rock Table Arms" and PM him. He's very responsive and charges a decent price to do the conversion and ship it to your FFL (price does vary from gun to gun). You can either buy the gun elsewhere or win at a gunbroker auction and have it shipped to him. The single-shot conversion essentially consists of a fixed magazine that only allows one shot and a barrel that meets a certain length to be roster-exempt.

Ksmash01
08-07-2011, 6:34 PM

It gets converted in a way the extends the barrel to the length required(I think it's > 7"), and the magazine is altered so that it doesn't accept any ammo.

The only shot it can load is the one in the chamber, thus, single shot. Single shot pistols meeting certain criteria are exempt from the CA pistol roster, thus making it possible for you to buy off list pistols.

That's how I got my M&P9L.

Can't buy anything here
08-07-2011, 6:34 PM
Thats probably me.

I was referd to this site ( didn't know it existed until then) by a member of the S&W forum.

I know....I'm a member there...;)

g_conway
08-07-2011, 6:46 PM
It gets converted in a way the extends the barrel to the length required(I think it's > 7"), and the magazine is altered so that it doesn't accept any ammo.

The only shot it can load is the one in the chamber, thus, single shot. Single shot pistols meeting certain criteria are exempt from the CA pistol roster, thus making it possible for you to buy off list pistols.

That's how I got my M&P9L.

So, can it then legally be repaired to function as a normal version?

Ksmash01
08-07-2011, 6:53 PM
Yup, I explored this option as well when I was thinking of getting an M&P 5" in 9mm. The gunbroker auction I was looking at went too high and I didn't think it was worth spending $700+ then some more to get Apex parts to get it. Thats treading into Sig and H&K territory. I'll stick to Glock for now. I have a feeling M&P 5" models will get on the roster once they can produce enough to meet demands (since it uses the same frame as the FS).

Ya know, come to think of it, I have about 1k into my M&P9L(Apex kit, and new sights).

It was also the most expensive of the 3 M&Ps I own. Just under $700, the other two were under $600. Frickin Roster...:mad:

But F'n A Single Shot Exemption :D F'n A.

Ksmash01
08-07-2011, 6:56 PM
So, can it then legally be repaired to function as a normal version?

Yes. The parts that are swapped out are put back in after you take possession of the pistol. I literally took possession of the single shot'd pistol, walked out, did a 180 and walked back in before the door closed, and had the guy behind the counter convert it back to normal. Once you take possession, it's yours to modify as you like, in accordance with the law.

g_conway
08-07-2011, 7:09 PM
Yes. The parts that are swapped out are put back in after you take possession of the pistol. I literally took possession of the single shot'd pistol, walked out, did a 180 and walked back in before the door closed, and had the guy behind the counter convert it back to normal. Once you take possession, it's yours to modify as you like, in accordance with the law.

I have a few more questions for you, but I don't want to "put you on the spot."
would you be willing to PM me ?

Ksmash01
08-07-2011, 7:57 PM
Go ahead and shoot me a message with whatever you want to know.

g_conway
08-10-2011, 6:13 PM
To: Ksmash01. Thank you very much for all the help.
I appreciated your patience and advice.

To all of you who contributed to this. THANK YOU

Great people on this board.

Skunk2Racer
08-10-2011, 6:28 PM

Yes we are. Till you admit that you are a H&K fan then let the Flame begin:22:

Ksmash01
08-10-2011, 10:19 PM

You're welcome. Good luck finding your pistol.

Yes we are. Till you admit that you are a H&K fan then let the Flame begin:22:

Naw...we love everybody!!!