PDA

View Full Version : NEW "Choose between two scopes" question.

runway1
08-07-2011, 9:24 AM
Ok, my previous thread helped me a bunch - thanks all! Now, please chiime in on helping me choose between:

Crossfire 4-16x50 AO

OR

Nikon Monarch 4-16x42SF Mildot

It's for a Remington 700P, target shooting only, 200yds-800yds. Since I'm in the <$400 range (yes, I know), help me pick between these two:

Vacaville
08-07-2011, 9:44 AM
I like the Nikon Monarch. Excellent quality for the price. Bright with great resolution. Don't have any experience with a Crossfire.

pontiacpratt
08-07-2011, 9:55 AM
Like I put in the other thread get a Diamondback. I've heard from three different people that the glass falls out. Once on the interwebs once from a sales rep at SHOT and once by a customer that came into the shop. I love Vortex but I'm a little skiddish of the crossfire. I can tell you from personal experience that the Diamondback and Viper are quality. I own both and love them both

runway1
08-07-2011, 10:46 AM
Thanks guys. I'll look into the Diamondback. Problem is the highest mag is a 4-12. I was hoping to get to 14/16 range for some longer shots, but it's a definet consideration.

Maybe I'll have to check the Viper line. Otherwise, the Nikon may get the nod.

Vacaville
08-07-2011, 10:51 AM
A Nikon Buckmaster runs about the same price as a Diamondback. I've got a 4.5 - 14X that kicks ***. A notch down from the Monarch, but in the same quality range as the Diamondback.

runway1
08-07-2011, 11:40 AM
A Nikon Buckmaster runs about the same price as a Diamondback. I've got a 4.5 - 14X that kicks ***. A notch down from the Monarch, but in the same quality range as the Diamondback.

Price wise, it seems so. I can't find direct competition for the Monarch. Seems Nikon really filled a gap. There are lower/higher end scopes but none that seem to compete directy.