PDA

View Full Version : FAL Handgrip

dfletcher
01-13-2007, 12:24 PM
Where can a get a plain old metric FAL handgrip with a little storage compartment in it? Brownells is out.

Nothing fancy, but I need to store an extra sight & some screws.

cornholio1
01-13-2007, 12:35 PM
Where can a get a plain old metric FAL handgrip with a little storage compartment in it? Brownells is out.

Try gunpartsguy. http://gunpartsguy.com/

or maybe DSA Arms.

I bought a SAW grip from GPG

whatdyisit
01-13-2007, 2:09 PM
Maybe Entreprise arms http://www.entreprise.com/ could help you out. Seems like they have everything else FAL.

icormba
01-13-2007, 2:45 PM

I have about 30 extra FAL grips... if your in the SF south bay and can pick it up, you can have one for free! granted, they are used and not a US made part.

edit: oh shoot! forgot, the standard grip is just hollowed out! no cover, but I bet you could make one.

SemiAutoSam
01-13-2007, 3:51 PM
Keep in mind also the Belgian factory grips had a cleaning kit that fit in the recess not a storage compartment.

And the kit was part of the plastic cover that fit into the recess.

Also not all FAL PG'S will accept the internal cleaning kit.

Guinness
01-13-2007, 4:32 PM
You could always try the FALFiles.com also.. there is always someone selling stuff over there FAL wise..

icormba
01-13-2007, 4:36 PM
Keep in mind also the Belgian factory grips had a cleaning kit that fit in the recess not a storage compartment.

And the kit was part of the plastic cover that fit into the recess.

indeed! I bet he could get one of those for ~$4-5 and cut the bottom part with the attaching spring and use that as a cover? Then again, might just be easier to get the SAW grip?

Also not all FAL PG'S will accept the internal cleaning kit.
Didn't know that... which ones?