PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint Comp M4 $499OTD

Spearo
08-06-2011, 8:18 AM
Botach Tactical has the Aimpoint Comp M4 on sale for $499. Free shipping, no tax.

Ordered mine and hoping for the best.

http://www.botachtactical.com/

cfec2008
08-06-2011, 9:08 AM
I ordered mine last night. From what I saw on the net, they are usually a lot higher than 500. Plus it comes with the kill flash and flip caps.

cfec2008
08-06-2011, 9:14 AM
Botach Tactical has the Aimpoint Comp M4 on sale for $499. Free shipping, no tax.

How long do you think it will actually take them to get it to us. I read some bad things about Botach like shipping times, and just a few bad experiances some customers have had. Hope everything goes smooth for us.

Spearo
08-06-2011, 2:21 PM
Well at that price, I would not ***** even if I had to wait a month.

All I care is that I get my product as advertised.

It seems, Botach has improved in their service. One poster on Arfcom stated his had already shipped.

HK Dave
08-06-2011, 2:50 PM
Wow... unbelievable, i'm in for one even though i have absolutely no use for it. They pay our sales tax too.... so it's like buying it for $450. I just don't get how they can do this.

MrPlink
08-07-2011, 3:05 AM
dont hold your breath on this one.

If it works, outstanding. If not, dont be surprised

HK Dave
08-07-2011, 7:37 AM
Seems there are lots of reports on m4carbine.com and arf that people are receiving theirs... as well as the ridiculously low priced h1s and t1s. I'm holding my breath! :D

PatriotnMore
08-07-2011, 7:40 AM
Outstanding price. I just forwarded the page to my son, who wants the M4.

Spearo
08-07-2011, 8:03 AM
Seems there are lots of reports on m4carbine.com and arf that people are receiving theirs... as well as the ridiculously low priced h1s and t1s. I'm holding my breath! :D

I have been reading the same.

Most of the negative reviews were from a couple years back.
It appears Botach has taken steps to improve their business and customer service.

Don't think I have seen any recent reports of dissatisfaction. Most guys are placing their order and receiving the item in 2-4 days.

NORCAL#1
08-07-2011, 8:34 AM
I ordered one as well yesterday, I will post when I have received the sight so people can see the time frame from ordered to shipped. If it is any consolation I ordered a Aimpoint pro from them a few months ago which came in under a week. Like Spearo said at that price I am willing to want a little bit. I agree that Botach has improved with there customer service and getting order's out on time, just my 2 cents.

FeuerFrei
08-07-2011, 9:27 AM

Abso-friggin-lutely! :D
I also jumped on this. My experience with these people has been all good. Prices and delivery.

HK Dave
08-07-2011, 5:48 PM
I wonder if they are going to discontinue the m4 and only make the m4s?

MrPlink
08-07-2011, 8:32 PM
a good buddy of mine jumped on a ACOG sale they had (couldnt be earlier than 6 months ago) and after over 1 month of either being ignored or getting the run arround he canceled his order.
So no, it still happens. Maybe less frequently perhaps.

For those of you that do pull the trigger good luck!
I love mine!

HK Dave
08-07-2011, 9:49 PM
I hope it happens too! :D

HK Dave
08-08-2011, 9:25 AM
Ordered saturday, got my shipping confirmation with tracking number today. Looks like this is for real.

Spearo
08-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Ordered saturday, got my shipping confirmation with tracking number today.

Same here:D

Spearo
08-09-2011, 9:33 AM
Ok, just wanted to let y'all know I received my Comp M4 from Botach this morning. Placed my order Saturday, and received it on Tuesday.

It is a genuine Aimpoint in new condition, white box.
The sight base was already assembled, killflash, flip covers, and battery installed.

Botach also labeled their return address on the package as "Customer Service"... rather than Botach Tactical.
Which I appreciate, since I don't need strangers knowing I own firearms.

Big ups to Botach on the fantastic deal.

Look good atop my M6A3.:D

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx184/Cope-in/IMAG0065.jpg

HK Dave
08-09-2011, 11:03 AM
Just received mine as well... the battery was dead in the unit and was marked 3.6v?! How odd.

Anyhow, it's beautiful, and obviously the real deal.

I never knew how heavy this sucker is though.

Spearo
08-09-2011, 11:19 AM
No matter on the batt voltage.

As long as it is a AA, the voltage does not matter. The M4 has an internal voltage regulator.
These sights are designed to use any AA batt from around the world.

"Lithium AA batteries are 3 volts, and rechargeable lithium-ion batteries are 3.6 volts. Nickel metal hydrides and nickel-cadmium AAs are also rechargeable and are 3.6 and 1.2 volts, respectively."

HK Dave
08-09-2011, 11:25 AM
Is your power knob loose? Mine is really loose.

Spearo
08-09-2011, 11:36 AM
There is supposed to be play between clicks. No worries.

xsiv4s
08-09-2011, 12:35 PM
Is your power knob loose? Mine is really loose.

Unfortunately there are many companies selling the Aimpoint M4 knock offs which are coming in from China. There is a lower end and a high end fake (the high end is pretty good at half the price). If youíre paying Aimpoint prices, here are a few ways to make sure you are getting an authentic Aimpoint product.

1. The M, P, and O in the Aimpoint logo are distinctive.
2. The Comptacís are shipped in white boxes and have serial numbers engraved in them (many of the fakes are in brown boxes and have screen-printed decals and serial numbers).
3. Take off the mount and there will be a proprietary design made specifically by R&D of Aimpoint to handle recoil, these are machined in.
4. The top of the turrets are laser etched.
5. Aimpoint puts a sticky in manual that matches the serial number on the scope.
6. The power knob will not have slack between settings. Also, the settings appear to be the same but with some force, the fakes will turn all the way around (the real ones will not).
7. When you look at the lens head on it should be red and when you angle it away from you it will turn yellow and then a pale green.

I hope this helps.

HK Dave
08-09-2011, 1:26 PM
Thanks xsiv4s, however this was purchased from a reputable dealer and I'm pretty certain it's real as the machining is too perfect.

However the loose knob kinda feels not so great.

FeuerFrei
08-09-2011, 2:30 PM
Got mine in 5 days.
Tekcell batt is good for 10 yr shelf life.
This thing should be a great sight for my LR308 type I just finished. Carbine 16" featureless.
Gonna go shoot now.

Spearo
08-09-2011, 3:07 PM
It appears these are indeed legit Aimpoints.

Here is a reference. About half way down the page.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_18/367860_How_to_recognize_a_fake_Aimpoint_.html&page=9

FeuerFrei
08-09-2011, 3:52 PM
Just got back 20 min. ago and I can say I think this sight will work for me.
After getting used to looking through the kill flash/honey comb hideout I was able to dial down the intensity to a very small point. Very usable at longer ranges. I was at 25 - 250 +-.
This is a keeper and the price was right. Initially I was gonna go with the AP Pro @400.00.
I'm glad I waited.
Enjoy your quality sight.

Fiiyablade
08-09-2011, 6:14 PM
very nice hopefully the m4s comes down on price sooner or later

Get3CoffinsReady
08-09-2011, 9:52 PM
I just saw this on botach today and was going to post it on here. Botach is crazy sometimes.
I always seem to not have money when they have good deals like this.

NORCAL#1
08-10-2011, 2:55 PM
Got my sight as well today!!! Everthing looks good this is a great deal on a good optic!!!

HK Dave
08-11-2011, 8:39 PM
Had the exact same thing you did Mobius including the dead battery. Power knob is a little loose but has good positive feedback on clicks.

Spearo
08-12-2011, 7:12 AM
Yep, white box with nothing other than a sticker barcode on it.

I am really curious now as to what you mean by "a little loose", HK Dave?
My M4 knob has about ~3-4mm, maybe ~5mm of play between clicks. And it takes a bit of effort to initiate a click.

From my reading across the interwebz, this appears to be normal. In fact, a guy was given Aimpoints by Aimpoint for testing and evaluation. He asked about the play, and was told that the play was necessary. It allows the knob to function even when caked with sand, mud, blood, etc...

I took the sight to the range yesterday to get it all zeroed (50 yard zero). It was shooting quite a bit low out of the box. Had to go 16 clicks up and about 3 clicks left.
Now it is dead on. Was pinging steel plates at 200yard effortlessly, and out to 400 yards with a little more effort.

FeuerFrei
08-12-2011, 10:47 AM
I did notice that it does get a little lose with the mount that it came with. It moves back and forth a little. Thank god I have an LT659-NV on the way in. Sop question where are you guys mounting this thing. How far forward? I have mine on the upper receiver as far forward as possible without "spanning the gap".

Loose is not a problem on my sight/mount. Worn rail maybe?
Mounting; I load a mag and insert it. Move the sight to find the center of gravity or ball park and lock it in. Eye relief is non-issue.
When you shoulder it you will feel it balance well.
That's how I do it for an rds sight. YMMV.

cprieto
08-13-2011, 10:51 AM
Just ordered mine... I was in the market for a red dot and this deal seems too good to pass up!

AYOxITZxACE
08-13-2011, 9:58 PM
Why do great deals come up ALWAYS when I'm low on cash. I hate this hobby...LOL!

GunSafari
08-15-2011, 9:02 AM
The Botach Aimpoints are authentic Aimpoints, but from what I understand from my rep at Aimpoint, they are not an authorized dealer, they just bought these things overseas as someone (some military) ordered way too many or something like that and imported them on their own (aimpoint is made in sweden).

For what its worth I also heard Aimpoint wasn't honoring warranty on the magnifiers if they find out you bought them from Botach since they didn't come through Aimpoint USA

Spearo
08-15-2011, 2:29 PM
Once again, maybe you should read the whole thread before commenting.

From my previous post a couple pages back.

"He asked about the play, and was told that the play was necessary. It allows the knob to function even when caked with sand, mud, blood, etc..."

Spearo
08-15-2011, 2:35 PM
The Botach Aimpoints are authentic Aimpoints, but from what I understand from my rep at Aimpoint, they are not an authorized dealer

I say your statement is false.

http://www.aimpoint.com/us/products/where-to-buy/

There go to the AP website. Zoom on the LA area and you will see Botach indicated on the map.

However, I don't see "Gun Safari" on the map. Maybe you're not the authorized dealer.

GunSafari
08-15-2011, 3:25 PM
Nothing against Botach, he does alot of business, I am not knocking them at all they've been in business a long time, but they are not an authorized aimpoint dealer anymore and I am 100% positive on that, they were but not anymore from what I was told by my sales rep at aimpoint

As for me not being a dealer, call them and ask them for yourself. The ones he got were bought as a surplus buy like I said before, not through aimpoint sweden, aimpoint sweden will not sell to usa dealers thats why they have a subdivision here in the united states.

Again call aimpoint and ask if any of the items being purchased through botach specifically the magnifiers are covered under warranty, I had someone purchase some aimpoint pros from me tell me he bought a few magnifiers and when he called to confirm authenticity from aimpoint was told they were authentic but not from aimpoint usa and wouldn't be warrantied

Notorious
08-16-2011, 10:59 AM
Hmmm... I hope the PRO they sell is a commercial American market item.

HK Dave
08-16-2011, 11:07 AM
Ok so it looks like I got a little egg all over my face. I emailed Aimpoint and this is the responce that I got:

Botach was an authorized dealer but is no longer. The CompM4 I’m assuming you purchase is part# 12061 and is an authentic Aimpoint that was sold originally to the country of Jordan for a specified contract. The country sold them essentially as surplus and they were purchased by Botach. The sight comes with a 2 year warranty since it’s a professional use sight vs. commercially owned sight (10 year warranty).

Regards,

Government Customer Support
Aimpoint Inc, USA
14103 Mariah Court
Chantilly, VA 20151
Phone: +1 (703)263-9795 ext 228

Fax:+1 (703)263-9463

Just thought I would pust the rest the issues that came up in this thread! I guess maybe I should have had some more insight before I spoke. Oh well at least the info is here and others can make up there own minds.

Sweet... so for $300 off its got a 2 year warranty instead of a 10... works for me. :) And in a few months after botach doesn't have them anymore and I decided i don't like it, i can probably sell it for what i bought it for. Don't see how this is bad.

HK35
08-16-2011, 11:13 AM
Ok so it looks like I got a little egg all over my face. The important point is you are man enough to admit it!!! Thanks for the info! I'll place my order shortly.

Notorious
08-16-2011, 1:13 PM
Give you fair market used price for it!

HK35
08-16-2011, 1:26 PM
Hell! I got one I got from Botach sitting on my desk. I was going to RMA it back to them. Hell I'll sell it to you and save me the shipping to them! : )Having buyer's remorse already or do you not like the reduced warranty period? I already got a shipment confirmation so I can't cancel the order now.

mike@botach
08-16-2011, 1:38 PM
Hey guys,

We've been an Aimpoint vendor for years and this is the first time we've heard about a discrepancy in warrantys because of professional vs. commercial products. We have never been given any indication that there was a difference in all the years we've worked with Aimpoint. The fact that we're no longer authorized shouldn't affect all of the Aimpoint items that we had already purchased while authorized. We've sent them a message to clarify so we're waiting to hear back.

Just to let you know, the only reason we were cut off from Aimpoint is because they didn't like us selling these items (M4, T1, PRO) at the prices we're selling them at. We're not breaking MAP, but between Aimpoint and our competitors, they felt as if our prices were way too low and eating into their business.

In over 15 years of being in business, our shipping and customer service has been criticized a lot... some warranted, some not. As said on other threads on this forum, we have worked very hard to improve our areas that are lacking. Sometimes problems still happen, however we are a far different company than we were, even 6 months ago. The one thing that has never been an issue is the authenticity and quality of the items that we sell.

Once Aimpoint lets us know about the warranty issue, I'll follow up.

As always, if you have an issue and need assistance, email me directly at mike@botach.com and I'm happy to assist.

Regards,
Mike
mike@botach.com

HK Dave
08-16-2011, 3:22 PM
Ah yes... price back up to the normal $700+

Anyone want to buy an unused aimpoint m4 with 2 year warranty for $600? :)

HK35
08-16-2011, 4:00 PM
Ah yes... price back up to the normal $700+

Anyone want to buy an unused aimpoint m4 with 2 year warranty for $600? :)
$625 for one in an unopened boxed :p

Notorious
08-16-2011, 4:46 PM
Are the warranties valid from date of the sale in the states or when the jordanians bought them?

HK Dave
08-16-2011, 5:58 PM
My guess would be date of sale in the states since we get receipts that show proof of purchase to Aimpoint.

Notorious
08-16-2011, 7:47 PM
My concern is when aimpoint knows these were sold previously already, then we are not the original purchasers and it wouldn't be like we bought them new. Botach is reselling military surplus great which might not be considered new for warranty purposes.

mike@botach
08-17-2011, 7:19 AM
My concern is when aimpoint knows these were sold previously already, then we are not the original purchasers and it wouldn't be like we bought them new. Botach is reselling military surplus great which might not be considered new for warranty purposes.

Notorious, this is our concern too. We haven't heard back from Aimpoint yet but I'll report back once we do.

Mike

NORCAL#1
08-19-2011, 8:53 AM
This is just my 2 cents on this matter. I have 2 comp m4 sights one which was bought using this deal from Botach, one which I bought about 2 years ago from a Aimpoint factory rep. I will be the first to tell you that they are Identical! I also think that the info previously stated from most partys is true negitive and positive. That being said I think these were never mounted to a rifle they most likly sat in a storage facility and were never used. I due think that this info should have been declared by Botach, for warranty isues ect. It is my personal opion with these type of sighs (Higher end) If it works for the first weeks/ shooting sessions that optic will not fail unless droped or other wise damaged! I have went out shooting twice with this sight, I have it monted on a 7.62x39 m4 out of the box it was hitting the 100 yard steel target and after about 10 rounds I had it sighted in at 100 yards. I still Think this was a good deal for a quality optic, If I was unhappy with the product I beleave I could still sell it for a profit! I think people take bigger chances buying certain products from a gun show. This is all just my 2 cents so take it for what you like.

Notorious
08-19-2011, 11:01 AM
Notorious, this is our concern too. We haven't heard back from Aimpoint yet but I'll report back once we do.

Mike

Thanks, Mike!

Btw, I just took advantage of your GoPro sale and threw in everything else I needed. One item was out of stock in the color I want. I got an immediate email notifying me and asked if I wanted another color. I said no, just send the order without. I got the order in two days.

Before that, I just drove down and picked up all the stuff in person before you did the shipping.:)

AYOxITZxACE
08-20-2011, 3:45 PM
What happened to this deal? I went on their site to see it the next day and you can't even add it to the cart anymore.

HK Dave
08-20-2011, 7:39 PM
I'm confused... so basically they sold used products as new and misrepresented the warranty? Does the same apply with their deal on the Aimpoint 3x for $350?

HK Dave
08-22-2011, 9:31 AM
Ok I got a PM from mike at botach. The warranty is a 2 year warranty honored by aimpoint. That's it. It is not a "used" sight being sold as new.

Thanks Mike, really appreciate the pm. Ordered an Aimpoint 3x to go with the red dot today. :)

HK Dave
08-22-2011, 1:50 PM
I just sent aimpoint an email with my serial number and asked if it had a warranty. Will update soon as I get a reponse.

bushyfan24
08-23-2011, 4:49 PM
Ok I got a PM from mike at botach. The warranty is a 2 year warranty honored by aimpoint. That's it. It is not a "used" sight being sold as new.

Thanks Mike, really appreciate the pm. Ordered an Aimpoint 3x to go with the red dot today. :)

I spoke with Aimpoint by phone 2 days ago and yes these are covered by a 2 year warranty. The 2 year period starts from the date they were sold to the country of Jordan.

HK Dave
08-23-2011, 6:33 PM
And when were they sold to the country of Jordan?

negolien
08-23-2011, 7:18 PM
Never saw anything on them adds saying prodcut was not nib... /shrug shady bra......

32blownhemi
08-24-2011, 2:30 AM
Just ordered a couple of the Aimpoint 3X Mag's from them... I'd like to get an M4 or two also... That is a $499 one! ;)

nixorz
08-24-2011, 7:49 AM
Does this fall under false advertising....

bushyfan24
08-24-2011, 9:26 AM
And when were they sold to the country of Jordan?

The rep did not know. According to him these m4 s were ordered directly from aimpoint sweden and never went thru the US distributor. Maybe botach can answer this? These may be unopened products but the rep explained to me that since they were sold to an initial user and then resold, Aimpoint would consider these used items.

Notorious
08-24-2011, 5:00 PM
The products are factually nib. Legally, and under business convention, they are second hand by virtue of havin been sold to an ultimate end user.

Notorious
08-24-2011, 5:54 PM
The original assertion was that these were bought by the jordanians and then stored away without using them. If they took some out to test and play with, then those would not be factually new.

However, if you bought it and stored it in the box then sold it later, that is nib, at least the same way we use it here, even on this forum, no?

Notorious
08-24-2011, 11:23 PM
Well, a gun and a car in that same situation certainly would not be sold the same way. Right?

The car would be listed as showroom condition, like new, etc.

The gun would be listed as nib.

Conventions for their respective markets dictate what you do when you are the seller.

mike@botach
08-25-2011, 10:02 AM
Hey guys -

Aimpoint has yet to respond to our numerous inquiries about the warranty issue. While it could be disconcerning how long the Jordanians had these for, keep in mind that we don't even know how long these sit in Aimpoint's warehouse prior to initial shipment. It's not like a carton of milk where there's an expiration date. One thing is for certain, if these were used in any way then we would not have purchased them. None of these sights are preused and if yours shows up with a dead battery, just let us know and we'll replace the battery.

At the end of the day, you need to spend your hard earned money where you feel most comfortable. It's unfortunate that this situation has happened. Just keep in mind that while there may be discussions and questions surrounding the way we operate, the one thing that has never been questioned is the integrity of our items. We only sell top quality, brand new merchandise and we like any company with any item they sell, if they're defective we'll take care of it, per our return policy.

Best Regards,
Mike
mike@botach.com

32blownhemi
08-25-2011, 11:49 PM
Just ordered a couple of the Aimpoint 3X Mag's from them... I'd like to get an M4 or two also... That is a $499 one! ;)

I ordered two of the 3X Mag's @ 3 am on Wed. morning the 24th. of Aug... I got them on the afternoon of the Aug. 25th! I got 'em 36 hours after I ordered them! I think they personally drove them up to me & put 'em on my porch!!! Bill

bushyfan24
08-26-2011, 12:42 PM
FYI:

Just got a follow up email from AP on the warranty question on the $499 M4 s. They are not covered under warranty. Text of email:

Aimpoint policy is as follows:

Aimpoint guarantees its products to be free from original manufacturer defects in material and/or workmanship under normal use for a period of 2 years for professional or competition use and 10 years for personal use from the date of purchase.

Personal use shall mean: use of the sight in a way that implies less exposure than professional use.

Professional or frequent competition use shall mean: daily or highly frequent use of the sight in professional activities (military or law enforcement) or under conditions that could be compared to as professional.

The warranty is valid provided that the sight has not been misused,disassembled or tampered with in any way. Any attempt to disassemble or repair the product will void the warranty.

The warranty agreement is limited to the original owner and is not transferable.

Any warranty claim must be accompanied by a copy of the original receipt showing date of purchase.

Botach Tactical used to be an Aimpoint dealer but no longer is. The Comp M4 optic they are selling was not purchased directly from Aimpoint and therefore would not be covered under Aimpoint warranty.

Notorious
08-26-2011, 4:25 PM
That sux. Anyone heard of an aimpoint breaking though?

HK Dave
08-30-2011, 4:23 PM
Sure I've heard of aimpoints breaking... but I've only broken an Eotech myself.