PDA

View Full Version : Beretta 92FS vs CZ SP-01

neomedic
08-05-2011, 9:37 PM
Thinking about a metal frame 9mm. Wasn't really a big fan of the 92FS, but was at the range today and we ended up renting the 92FS. I actually like the feel and shot pretty decent groups with it.

But I hear mixed reviews of it, either people love it or hate it. What do you guys think of it? Good? Bad? And where can I get an Italian made one? Or at lease a US made one, no brazil please.

I also rented a CZ 75. I also like it. Not sure which to get.

Even those either one I get will be a range / fun gun, I would still like to be durable and dependable. Never know if and when I have to use for a more serious situation.

thanks.

Tiberius
08-05-2011, 10:13 PM
I personally love the 92FS. Smooth, reliable, accurate. Haven't shot the CZ, tho. I don't think there are Brazilian 92s, tho Taurus makes a pretty close clone. Before the tidal wave of "get a Glock" I had to weigh in for the Beretta.

kalieracer
08-05-2011, 10:17 PM
Thinking about a metal frame 9mm. Wasn't really a big fan of the 92FS, but was at the range today and we ended up renting the 92FS. I actually like the feel and shot pretty decent groups with it.

But I hear mixed reviews of it, either people love it or hate it. What do you guys think of it? Good? Bad? And where can I get an Italian made one? Or at lease a US made one, no brazil please.

I also rented a CZ 75. I also like it. Not sure which to get.

Even those either one I get will be a range / fun gun, I would still like to be durable and dependable. Never know if and when I have to use for a more serious situation.

thanks.

CZ all the way! I have several including a P01 compact and Model 97.

NSR500
08-05-2011, 10:21 PM
CZ FTW!

TANK
08-05-2011, 10:23 PM
92fs i prefer over my polymer guns but havent shot a cz yet. go with the one that feels better in your hand and you are accurate with

stormvet
08-05-2011, 11:14 PM
I would never buy a gun that has the safety/decock controls on the slide.

GuillermoAntonio
08-05-2011, 11:32 PM
I am no expert, but when I was shopping for my 9mm I tried the 92fs a couple of times, and I didnt like it, I think of it as a sexy gun but it just doesnt feel right for me, I also tried several others like the Beretta storm, usp9, m&p 9, glock and cz-75, the winner for me was the CZ-75, but i didnt buy that, i bought me a CZ-75 Sp-01, I had never shot it before but I heard that it was just as nice as the regular CZ75b only with a rail, and that the rail helped with recoil management, so I took a chance.
I dont think ever in my life i had spent 700 dlls that i know was worth every penny.
I have also tried and bought a few more guns recently and havent found nothing else that comes closer to this gun for me.
Hope you try one before you decide.

Munk
08-06-2011, 12:48 AM
american and italians are everywhere.

The brazilians you're worried about were manufactured in brazil, for brazil, and taurus bought up the factory and manufacturing process years ago. Don't worry about that.

I own a 92 and a 96, but I also like the feel of the CZ (haven't had a chance to shoot one yet though). Go with which feels right, they're both amazing platforms with amazing reliability. Ignore the haters and decide for yourself; much of the hate comes from service people who were forced into using them... being forced into such a critical decision almost always leads to resentment, especially when compounded by armory issued weapons with sketchy maintenance and usage. If you look around you'll see a decent number of former .mil people who have purchased a 92 series in the civilian world (or got a brand new one while enlisted) who love them now and would never want to touch their old one again.

Once you pick a platform, decide on a variant. Full size, compact, rail, no rail, heavy slides, etc... I'm more familiar with the beretta so you have the standard FS which is no rail, the D which is double action only, the G which disables the safety and makes it decocker-only (it springs back up into the fire position... typically has a heavy DA pull on the first shot). There's a Brigadier slide (heavy slide), stainless (goes by INOX-a shortening of the italian word for stainless), narrow grip (vertec), Elite, Elite I, Elite Ia, Elite II, (elites have a mixed set of characteristics, you'll have to look them up... pricing is higher due to rarity). All 92 platforms can freely interchange slides (including the 96 which is .40s&w) and magazines.*

CZs have their own mixed bag of features, and I'm less familiar so you'll have to rely on someone else.

*Beretta info doesn't apply to the new 92a1 and 96a1, which have enough revisions to not be fully compatible.

redrex
08-06-2011, 5:08 AM
I'm a big fan of the CZ's. I own a CZ shotgun and had been looking at several CZ pistols as next purchases BUT that being said you should follow THIS THREAD (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=462923).

It seams CZ is requiring CA customers to ship warranty work through an FFL based on some bad info the company got form a local ATF agent. This will add significant cost to any warranty work and for me it's a deal breaker. CGF I believe is going to be sending them a short letter that should hopefully set the company straight but we shall see.

In the mean time I give you this.. the ARMSCOR MAP1FS (http://centerfiresystems.com/AC-MAP1FS.aspx). If I understand it correctly these guns are assembled in the Philippines by Armscor from parts OEM'd from Tanfoglio in Italy. This gun is a clone based off of the C75.

Armscor = $400 msrp
CZ USA = $750 msrp

Also, if I understand it correctly, you can change the caliber of the Tanfoglio just by swapping the barrel and the mag. You can go from 9mm all the way to .45

As to Armscor, these are the same people who do the RIA 1911. You will not find nicer people to deal with as far as warranty or support.

neomedic
08-06-2011, 5:25 AM
What about the ALL German Sig P226 with the carbon steel slides?

Just looking for a metal frame gun with some heft to it so that it will be a easy shooter and less recoil.

Thanks

Hopalong
08-06-2011, 6:20 AM
I've had my American made 92fs for 17 years.

It's performed flawlessly without a hiccup. Smooth.

I have a CZP01 that I really like as well.

I don't think you can go wrong either way.

I like the fact that with the 92fs, I have a piece of Americana.

toadman
08-06-2011, 9:16 AM
Listen to the guys that have shot both. Notice most of the 92FS winners have never shot a CZ. I have both guns & prefer the CZ.

X_Factor
08-06-2011, 9:51 AM
Your title states 92FS vs CZ SP01. In your statement you said you trialed the 92FS & CZ 75. I know that the SP01 is a variation of the CZ 75. But they are two different pistols. So which CZ did you actually trial? I've got a M9A1 and SP01. Love them both, but prefer the SP01!

ejs
08-06-2011, 9:56 AM
I have both an old school, Italian 92F and a CZ75B (not the SP01 but close). I love the look of the Beretta, but I shoot the CZ better.

Mr_Dunev
08-06-2011, 9:57 AM
love the CZ, not crazzy about 92fs.

darqhelmet
08-06-2011, 10:06 AM
I have the 92FS, it replaced my Glock 17. The 92FS was issued to me and worked fine. Few years after I got out I missed it so I bought one. Still enjoy the weight of the pistol. That being said I am buying a CZ shortly and the 92FS my just sit in my safe.

CK_32
08-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Tons of people are going to say CZ across the board. Seems to be the new fan club lately. But I would say go 92. I'm also one of the previous hatred who turned to liking them. I think czs are ugly and the 92 is a sleek looking firearm.

zfields
08-06-2011, 10:29 AM
Tons of people are going to say CZ across the board. Seems to be the new fan club lately. But I would say go 92. I'm also one of the previous hatred who turned to liking them. I think czs are ugly and the 92 is a sleek looking firearm.

shoot one and you will see why.

I owned a 92 vertec, granted i just turned 21 at the time and didnt know much at all, but it didnt fit me well. CZs ergos are top notch, and aim VERY naturally.

neomedic
08-06-2011, 11:03 AM
Your title states 92FS vs CZ SP01. In your statement you said you trialed the 92FS & CZ 75. I know that the SP01 is a variation of the CZ 75. But they are two different pistols. So which CZ did you actually trial? I've got a M9A1 and SP01. Love them both, but prefer the SP01!

I'm looking for a SP01, but they are hard to find at the range for rent....however the CZ75 is everywhere. I don't think there much difference between them, same size frame, trigger should be about the same.

I think I shot both pretty well yesterday at the range, just felt the 92FS fit a bit better since it had the hogue grips and filled my hands more. But that shouldn't really over-ride anything since its just an after market part.

Another thing....DAMN Video games!!!! I can't find a CZ SP-01 anywhere. Buds is out. Grabagun is out. Gun genie is out. Anyone know where they got one for Bud's or Grabagun price???? Thanks.

CK_32
08-06-2011, 11:19 AM
2_hr-9F516s

Also found this. Hes a guy whos handled more guns than we ever will. Some say hes biased but seriously.... Who isnt....

And I took this one to heard because he doesnt bring in the glock 100 times in the video.. Just a few along with others
so I saw it as a pretty fair review.

neomedic
08-06-2011, 11:29 AM
too bad you tube doesn't have double time play mode....44 min is looooooooong

Is the CZ SP-01 Tactical on safe list? I don't see it on there.

CK_32
08-06-2011, 11:31 AM
too bad you tube doesn't have double time play mode....44 min is looooooooong

Its a good watch. CVovers ALOT of good points. I did let it play in the back round after 30 min and just listened.

zfields
08-06-2011, 11:32 AM
I cant stand nutnfancy. Guy is a big ole' bag o' wind.

Rumline
08-06-2011, 12:52 PM
Not to mention that review is for the polymer-framed Phantom by a guy who likes light, polymer guns. Folks who like the regular steel CZ75s seem to like them because of the heft and ergonomics (IMHO). So take that review with a grain of salt, because that gun and his preferences are different from what you are looking at.

CK_32
08-06-2011, 1:10 PM
Not to mention that review is for the polymer-framed Phantom by a guy who likes light, polymer guns. Folks who like the regular steel CZ75s seem to like them because of the heft and ergonomics (IMHO). So take that review with a grain of salt, because that gun and his preferences are different from what you are looking at.

in his defense.... if he compared it to a glock people would complain a steel vs polymer comparison isnt a fair fight.... Anything that guy does someone will complain about something... yet I see no one else making solid reviews. Not saying you dont have to like him but I see a ton of people complain no matter what happens...

Thats why youtube has so many trolls.. People can comment and complain about peoples videos or bash them but yet have a 0 video count.... But always have a superior opinion...

I think people bash on him too much.. I didnt like him for a while but after hearing people complain about things I saw were good points i think a lot of people just want something to complain about to be honest and since he has a bad rep they will have a ton of others jump on with their opinion which is the only reason they complain about it.

I admit he talks a lot about glocks.. but come on hes a fan boy.. Every person is more of a fan boy than another.. Its called having a favorite because you like something and standing by your opinion.. I see a few reviews i would take with a grain of salt but that review seems like a fair comparison.. Idk about the trigger due to never shooting one but the rest of his points seemed fair.

And ive seen a few youtube videos this morning comparing the CZ to glocks m9's and dxs and 8 of 10 favor either the glock or the xd. So idk thats a lot of grains of salt to take for me.. Sorry.

And were getting way off track OP if you like the 92 go with the 92. Great guns. CZ has a lot of fan boys just like the glock guys.. so of course your going to get a lot more CZ. Go shoot them again and again and again... till you make up YOUR mind. Just like I did with my glock or 92 fs or sig delema.. which turned into a 19 vs 17.. which is now a I will get the 17. Trust me Im glad I did.

zfields
08-06-2011, 1:28 PM
in his defense.... if he compared it to a glock people would complain a steel vs polymer comparison isnt a fair fight.... Anything that guy does someone will complain about something... yet I see no one else making solid reviews. Not saying you dont have to like him but I see a ton of people complain no matter what happens...

Thats why youtube has so many trolls.. People can comment and complain about peoples videos or bash them but yet have a 0 video count.... But always have a superior opinion...

I think people bash on him too much.. I didnt like him for a while but after hearing people complain about things I saw were good points i think a lot of people just want something to complain about to be honest and since he has a bad rep they will have a ton of others jump on with their opinion which is the only reason they complain about it.

I admit he talks a lot about glocks.. but come on hes a fan boy.. Every person is more of a fan boy than another.. Its called having a favorite because you like something and standing by your opinion.. I see a few reviews i would take with a grain of salt but that review seems like a fair comparison.. Idk about the trigger due to never shooting one but the rest of his points seemed fair.

And ive seen a few youtube videos this morning comparing the CZ to glocks m9's and dxs and 8 of 10 favor either the glock or the xd. So idk thats a lot of grains of salt to take for me.. Sorry.

And were getting way off track OP if you like the 92 go with the 92. Great guns. CZ has a lot of fan boys just like the glock guys.. so of course your going to get a lot more CZ. Go shoot them again and again and again... till you make up YOUR mind. Just like I did with my glock or 92 fs or sig delema.. which turned into a 19 vs 17.. which is now a I will get the 17. Trust me Im glad I did.

I dont like him because he fits 5-10 minutes of information into a hour long, 3 part video...

or in the CZ's case, a 45 minute video.

CK_32
08-06-2011, 1:54 PM
I dont like him because he fits 5-10 minutes of information into a hour long, 3 part video...

or in the CZ's case, a 45 minute video.

That is true he does ramble a ton. If he didn't I doubt he would give so much info. Half the time when he rambles on he remembers a fact or 2. But his videos are a tad long for my taste as well.

neomedic
08-06-2011, 2:37 PM
Yeah...I'm looking for the heft and weight. This will a range and paper gun. Not for carry. But that being said, if I'm buying something, it still has to be good enough for combat if it comes to that. I think the CZ and M9 fits that bill as both are being used by armed forces.

Anyone know where I can rent a CZ SP-01 around the SGV or OC area? And anyone know where they have one in stock?

Thanks.

darmog
08-06-2011, 4:02 PM
Yeah...I'm looking for the heft and weight. This will a range and paper gun. Not for carry. But that being said, if I'm buying something, it still has to be good enough for combat if it comes to that. I think the CZ and M9 fits that bill as both are being used by armed forces.

Anyone know where I can rent a CZ SP-01 around the SGV or OC area? And anyone know where they have one in stock?

Thanks.

Have you tried renting a P01 as well? I rented both the SP-01 and P01. I found I liked how the p01 felt more balanced in my hands when shooting vs the SP01. The SP01 felt more muzzle heavy. It was easier for me to get back on target as well vs the SP01 where I felt I had to work at it a bit more. You're experience might be the opposite. It's sorta like a Glock 17 vs 19. Both are good guns, but some prefer one to the other because of their slight differences.

luckygunner
08-06-2011, 4:12 PM
Some other members have already stated it, but it's worth mentioning. If you can go and rent both and see which you like better. It will make the decision quite a bit easier.

Of the two my preference is for the CZ. If I'm a fanboy of anything I would say it's CZ pistols. For the price it's tough to beat the quality of a CZ for a steel framed pistol.

orangeusa
08-06-2011, 4:27 PM
Get a Glock.

dllma70
08-06-2011, 5:01 PM
I own an SP-01, and have shot several 92fs. While I'm accurate with both, I am far happier with the SP-01 than with 92fs. I get slightly tighter groups, ergos are much better in MY hand. Love the rail and my streamlight it. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about the SP-01, except that you have to pound out the slide stop for a field strip.

Tuckshop
08-06-2011, 5:04 PM

Thanks.

I just picked mine up at Fowler's in Orange. Not as cheap as Buds, but at least no long wait.

neomedic
08-06-2011, 5:16 PM
Get a Glock.

orangeusa
08-06-2011, 5:36 PM
I have 3 92's and a 96. All have the same interchangeable parts, are awesome looking, built like a tank and keep their value. Have had many other 92's over the last few years..

One point not brought up, is how easy it is to tear down a 92, not just to field strip but all the way down on all frame and uppers.

And no, I don't own a CZ. Shot them, but already owned my 92(s) and didn't see a big difference in anything except that mags/parts were more expensive, and I like stainless (Inox).

See my avatar.. :)

gatdammit
08-06-2011, 6:13 PM
I have an SP-01 and have shot my brother's 96 (I'm assuming it's the same). I'm just more accurate with the SP01. I rented the 92 a few times and like it ... but again, I shot the SP01 better so I went with that. Haven't regretted it.

I think you can't go wrong with either of these venerable pistols. Although, I have been heard of a recent thing about CZ's customer service. Something about them only receiving shipments to and from an FFL for warranty work. It's in the 2nd Amendment Law and Politics section of the forum.

zfields
08-06-2011, 6:23 PM
I think you can't go wrong with either of these venerable pistols. Although, I have been heard of a recent thing about CZ's customer service. Something about them only receiving shipments to and from an FFL for warranty work. It's in the 2nd Amendment Law and Politics section of the forum.

Not true. I had to send mine in for warranty, the would accept direct. I went through an FFL though, saved me 30 bucks in shipping charges.

CK_32
08-06-2011, 6:28 PM
Like said above. 92s have good take down. Cz are a pain in the as* I've seen the process. Also the grip is super long so don't plan to conceal this at all.

zfields
08-06-2011, 7:16 PM
Like said above. 92s have good take down. Cz are a pain in the as* I've seen the process. Also the grip is super long so don't plan to conceal this at all.

........really? Its not bad at all lol. Same as a Hi-Power.

BHPFan
08-06-2011, 7:34 PM
Like said above. 92s have good take down. Cz are a pain in the as* I've seen the process.

It is not any harder than taking down a 1911. Why do you think CZ's have some type of small etch mark at the back of the slide and the back of the frame where the web of the hand is?

Also the grip is super long so don't plan to conceal this at all.
Superlong grip? excuse me?
The family of the CZ 75 has one of the best contoured grips. Some liken the grip to a BHP. Some even think that it's like a BHP in DA/SA. Maybe you're referring to the trigger reach because to me CZ75s have long trigger reach, I don't know about the SP01 as I owned a CZ75A ages ago.

Full size CZ's are not exactly for concealment just like the 92's.

duckjob
08-06-2011, 8:38 PM
Oc Indoor Range in Brea has the CZ-75 and the P-01, but not the SP-01. If you're going to drive the long distance, call in advance as they are sometimes out for repair. I've been a member for a little over a year and I swear the CZ-75 was out for repair for like 4 months.

Thanks.

Farnsworth
08-06-2011, 8:45 PM
Superlong grip? excuse me?
The family of the CZ 75 has one of the best contoured grips. Some liken the grip to a BHP. Some even think that it's like a BHP in DA/SA. Maybe you're referring to the trigger reach because to me CZ75s have long trigger reach, I don't know about the SP01 as I owned a CZ75A ages ago.

Full size CZ's are not exactly for concealment just like the 92's.

CZ's have a great grip when improved. Stock they do suck.

loosewreck
08-06-2011, 8:51 PM
The 92 is really sexy and is starting to carry some nostalgia, but CZs give you a whole lotta bang for the buck.

Comes down to which you can't stop thinking of more, regardless of which one you go with you'll eventually grow tired of it and probably get the other. Then the vicious cycle continues again... :sweatdrop:

guitargeak99
08-06-2011, 9:23 PM
I would never buy a gun that has the safety/decock controls on the slide.

Why?

zfields
08-06-2011, 10:03 PM
CZ's have a great grip when improved. Stock they do suck.

The plastic grips do suck, the factory rubber ones are nice.

Just-in
08-06-2011, 11:32 PM
Buy what you shoot best...

I just bought an M9A1, transitioned from Glocks. It's a love hate deal, and most hate the position of the safety on the slide. and the heavy DA trigger pull. It is awkward I actually prefer to rack my slide from toward the muzzle and the trigger pull is harsh. Otherwise I love the gun, I shoot it well feels good in the hands. With that said I also like the CZ's and hope to get one soon.
Have you considred a P226 or 229 also?

Jwind
08-06-2011, 11:48 PM
For me, i'd say the Beretta, since it was my fathers. Hollywood loves the Beretta, so why not you?

Mr_Monkeywrench
08-07-2011, 12:34 AM
whats a decent price for a used CZ in good shape .40 cal?

CK_32
08-07-2011, 4:33 AM
:threadjacked:

Call_me_Tom
08-07-2011, 7:59 AM
I own both a 92FS & SP-01.*

Let me start off by stating that I'm a huge Beretta fan & own a total of 3. I'm also familiar with their workings so I have extra slides & barrels that I can mix & match to create models no longer in production.*

I also carry a 92/M9 as my duty weapon & I qualify with it yearly. Because if this I use the 92FS for IDPA competitions so I can become more proficient in it's use.*

I've always liked the SP-01 & I keep it as my HD gun. It comes stock with all of the goodies you'd want. Tritium NS, FCS, milled slide, beveled mag well, etc. There are just too many to list; it's a serious bang for buck gun & the 92FS has none of these features.*

My biggest dislike of the 92FS is the front sight tip. It is part of the slide & can not be removed to add different sights. Next would be the large grip which makes it difficult to reach the mag release. With practice the grip & safety can be over come or grips & safety can be swapped out.*

The "customization" aftermarket is also stronger with the SP-01. It's almost impossible to find anyone who is willing to perform custom work on a 92FS & when you do it's expensive. *

My biggest dislike of the SP-01 is the super curvy trigger. A midget or small child must of designed it. You'll need to dry fire it a bunch to understand the point I'm trying to make. One of the biggest pluses of the SP-01 is also it's biggest draw back & that is the internal slide, where the slide rides on the inside of the frame. It makes the SP-01 nice, tight & accurate but provides very little real-estate to grab a hold of. Lastly, you can work on a 92FS & perform most work yourself with basic tools where as the SP-01 is complex once you move past field stripping.*

On the range the SP-01 will out shoot the 92FS. In fact, the SP-01 is in my top 3 of most accurate pistols/revolvers. At 25 yards I can shoot 3" groups with the SP-01 & manage 4" groups with the 92FS. This is standing using an isosceles stance with no artificial support.*

Given all of the above the SP-01 is a better buy, but if I could only have one it would still be the 92FS. The reasons are numerous but would side track the topic if I dove into it.*

23 Blast
08-07-2011, 8:35 AM
I have owned both. I still have the SP-01, and it's one of my favorite guns. The Beretta I had, a 92FS, was well-built, it had nice stock grips, it was wonderful to hold and to behold. However, I couldn't shoot it worth a damn. I had to work very hard with the Beretta to make the bullets go where I wanted them to go. I know my experience probably isn't typical, as many people report wonderful accuracy with it, but for me it felt like a chore and even though the gun was fantastic in almost every way (it was virtually foolproof and ultra reliable), actually shooting it was where it never failed to disappoint me.

The CZ, OTOH, has always been an almost effortless bullseye every time Ive taken it out. It's just so easy for me to hit what I'm aiming at with this gun, and my skills as a handgunner pretty much suck, so a gun that makes me look (and thus feel) good is a keeper in my book.

I agree that the trigger on the SP-01 is too curved for my taste. Long range sessions gave me a blister on a couple of occassions. I'm going to see if I can swap out the trigger on my standard CZ-75b with the SP-01's - I'm not sure why they made the trigger with a different contour, but I never had any problem with the trigger shape on any of my other guns.

Ultimately, though - the choice for you is which one you like and shoot better. Both are amazingly fine pistols. They're both large, duty-carry pistols with minimal recoil and great accuracy. It's just that FOR ME - the CZ felt better and most importantly, shot better. So I chose the CZ, and sold the Beretta.

zfields
08-07-2011, 9:00 AM
I have owned both. I still have the SP-01, and it's one of my favorite guns. The Beretta I had, a 92FS, was well-built, it had nice stock grips, it was wonderful to hold and to behold. However, I couldn't shoot it worth a damn. I had to work very hard with the Beretta to make the bullets go where I wanted them to go. I know my experience probably isn't typical, as many people report wonderful accuracy with it, but for me it felt like a chore and even though the gun was fantastic in almost every way (it was virtually foolproof and ultra reliable), actually shooting it was where it never failed to disappoint me.

The CZ, OTOH, has always been an almost effortless bullseye every time Ive taken it out. It's just so easy for me to hit what I'm aiming at with this gun, and my skills as a handgunner pretty much suck, so a gun that makes me look (and thus feel) good is a keeper in my book.

I agree that the trigger on the SP-01 is too curved for my taste. Long range sessions gave me a blister on a couple of occassions. I'm going to see if I can swap out the trigger on my standard CZ-75b with the SP-01's - I'm not sure why they made the trigger with a different contour, but I never had any problem with the trigger shape on any of my other guns.

Ultimately, though - the choice for you is which one you like and shoot better. Both are amazingly fine pistols. They're both large, duty-carry pistols with minimal recoil and great accuracy. It's just that FOR ME - the CZ felt better and most importantly, shot better. So I chose the CZ, and sold the Beretta.

Try swaping for the CZ 75SA flat trigger, its awesome.

Spearo
08-07-2011, 9:12 AM
I really like both of these firearms.

However, on the CZ, I find the slide to be too small and narrow. For someone with large hands it is rather difficult to rack the slide.

DrewTheBrave
08-07-2011, 9:38 AM
Oc Indoor Range in Brea has the CZ-75 and the P-01, but not the SP-01. If you're going to drive the long distance, call in advance as they are sometimes out for repair. I've been a member for a little over a year and I swear the CZ-75 was out for repair for like 4 months.

I'm also a member at OC Indoor, and they have three CZ 75 variants (I've shot all three).

CZ 75 Full size
CZ 75 Compact
CZ 75 SP-01

When I went last Thursday, all three CZ's were available to shoot, but the Beretta 92FS was out for repair (just my luck!). I wanted to compare the two back-to-back because I was having the same dilemma as the OP. Since the Beretta was out, I decided to shoot a Sig 229 instead and loved it.

Moral of the story: try everything you can! You won't know what is the most natural fit for you until you try everything available to you. What you end up liking best may surprise you :)

neomedic
08-07-2011, 10:08 AM
Thanks everyone. This is a very informative thread :66:

J.D.Allen
08-07-2011, 10:54 AM
CZ 75 all the way. Cheaper, accurate, low recoil, and the OPTION to go cocked and locked if you want to

rogervzv
08-07-2011, 3:49 PM
My favorite 9mm in the world is the Beretta M9A1, which is basically a 92FS with a tactical rail. Mine is made in USA and is impeccable in all respects. I also have a 92FS, and it too is very nice. Nothing wrong with the CZs, but I went with the Berettas and have never regretted it.

Accurate, and hyper-reliable. What's not to like?

doctor_vals
08-07-2011, 4:38 PM
I've had my American made 92fs for 17 years.

It's performed flawlessly without a hiccup. Smooth.

I have a CZP01 that I really like as well.

I don't think you can go wrong either way.

I like the fact that with the 92fs, I have a piece of Americana.

Neomedic! I think it is the right advice from Hopalong:
- you should buy 92FS and second onw should be CZ;
- oh, no... I mean you should buy first CZ and than 92FS

Yeap, go ahead with both of them, if you can afford...