View Full Version : Extreme satisfaction

08-05-2011, 8:19 PM
So I unexpectedly stumbled upon a Springfield Armory TRP Operator 1/2 rail. I saw her there in the gun cabinet and had an irresistible compulsion to kindly ask the salesman if I could handle Springfield's near finest. I felt the adrenaline surge as I had had my eye out for one of these fairly hard to find pieces of artwork. Once I inspected her smooth lines and tight slide fit, firm trigger, I knew I had to have her. Ten days later and a much lighter wallet, I had her home and soon to the range. No disappointment there! I had first shot my Glock 22 for 100+ rounds trying out and sighting in my Burris fastfire 2, then proceeded to the main dish. After the first shot, I couldn't believe the difference in recoil. It was more like a gentle roll compared to the snappy recoil of the G22. What a pleasure! I proceeded to go through about 120 rounds enjoying the light recoil, awesome trigger and ....... best of all, no hiccups whatsoever!! Not one failure period. This indeed put the biggest grin on my face. (My G22 had just had four failure to feeds previous to this, and that's having just got it back from the gunsmith for the same prob). But that's another story. Anyhow, I'm tickled pink with the TRP and feel the King's ransom I paid for it was worth it. I think my accuracy will improve next time as I had a bit of muscle fatigue this time http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k496/1911hero/TRP/IMG_0743.jpgfrom the glock shooting and now I'm a bit more used to the TRP.

08-05-2011, 8:46 PM
Good shooting and good range report! Glad you're happy with your TRP, the ones I"ve handled have looked good but I've not had the opportunity to shoot one.

The added weight from the rail really does help with recoil and muzzle rise from my experience with my PC9111LR.

08-05-2011, 8:56 PM
Beautiful weapon vinson..! I love those grips.

Be well,

08-05-2011, 8:58 PM
congrats. that is one of the best looking pistolas around. shame to shoot it. and a shame not to shoot it.

08-05-2011, 9:25 PM
congratulations. that's a beautiful handgun.

08-05-2011, 9:49 PM
That looks great. When are you planning to stretch her legs out to 25 yards to see how she sings? One of these days I'll own one of those beauties.