PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of the form used to declare private/individual out of state sales?

Apec
08-05-2011, 6:36 PM
I've tried the search feature on these forums and I've arrived at the BOE's forms for resale and such, however I've been unable to locate the form used to declare a private, non-retail transaction. Could anyone here point me in the right direction?

Oceanbob
08-05-2011, 6:44 PM
I've tried the search feature on these forums and I've arrived at the BOE's forms for resale and such, however I've been unable to locate the form used to declare a private, non-retail transaction. Could anyone here point me in the right direction?

Maybe you could elaborate the situation?

What kind of weapon..etc..?

Thanks.

G-forceJunkie
08-05-2011, 6:46 PM
Are you thinking of the No Longer in Possesion form?
http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/BOF4546NLIP0209.pdf

Apec
08-05-2011, 7:02 PM
Maybe you could elaborate the situation?

What kind of weapon..etc..?

Thanks.

Handgun. I'm the buyer, the seller is a non-FFL. The form is used to differentiate sales from a FFL (retail) versus private seller, so when the BOE does a tax audit on the FFL who did my transfer, they have proof that it is indeed a non-retail sale.

Librarian
08-05-2011, 8:28 PM
I would hope the FFL would have that business information - I know of no state form for individuals that addresses that issue. Ask in the FFL forum.

Blackhawk556
08-06-2011, 1:16 AM
The store doesn't have this form?? Handgun. I'm the buyer, the seller is a non-FFL. The form is used to differentiate sales from a FFL (retail) versus private seller, so when the BOE does a tax audit on the FFL who did my transfer, they have proof that it is indeed a non-retail sale.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express