PDA

View Full Version : New M-223 Broken?

daveylin
08-05-2011, 5:30 PM
I thought I would check with the forum first as a few of you have the Nikon M-223.

I just received the 2-8x and on the side wind turret, when I lock down the turret it still turns, but doesnt click. On the elevation turret when it locks down it doesnt turn at all unless it starts clicking... did I get a defective one?

Thanks,

David

bman940
08-06-2011, 12:58 PM
David, after you set it to zero, you can still make click turns. It just lets you know how far to get back to zero. Lift and set to zero when you are sighted in for 100 yards,then you are good to go to make wind adjustments as you would normally do.
I hope this helps?
Bart
Nikon Pro Staff

HK Dave
08-06-2011, 1:25 PM
If it turns and doesn't click... my guess would be somethings broken. :(

daveylin
08-06-2011, 1:54 PM
Bart,

When I lock it down, I can still turn the knob WITHOUT it clicking at all. If I push it while turning, it will click.

If I pop it out, it turns completely freely (to set to zero).

Is there an easy fix or should I just return it?

Thanks,

David

bman940
08-07-2011, 6:23 PM
Dave, I have one right here in my hands and yes, when you push down the turret and turn there shoould be a click. If not I believe there is something wrong.
I would suggest you return it, might be an easy fix,then again.....
Sorry you had to go thru this trouble. I think once you get one that functions properly ouy will be impressed.

Here's a link to a you tube video of an event we just put on in Mo., huge fun and we really put the M-223's to work.

Keep me posted on your scope David.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ij4AsjKL6E