PDA

View Full Version : Recoil rod........metal or plastic??

b.thomas
08-05-2011, 3:44 PM
For about three years now I've had a Smith and Wesson 910s with the plastic recoil rod. Pistol works fine as is but a couple of friends keep telling to change to a metal rod rather then the plastic. Both state that I will get oncresed accuracy/reliability with the metal rod over the long haul.
What is general opinion about changing to a metal over the plastic?
The pistol has been very reliable with about 1200+ rounds though it so far.
:D

The Virus
08-05-2011, 3:50 PM
adds weight to the front,helps lessen muzzle flip a bit.

Black Majik
08-05-2011, 3:54 PM
switching from plastic to metal guide rod increases accuracy?

Your friends ever think about being comedians? :D

bohoki
08-05-2011, 3:55 PM
i doubt you will see any accuracy difference but if the plastic one breaks it may give you a rough time but thats the same for anything really

i too have a 910 got it at walmart worst factory trigger ive ever experienced but it broke in

Plisk
08-05-2011, 4:01 PM
For about three years now I've had a Smith and Wesson 910s with the plastic recoil rod. Pistol works fine as is but a couple of friends keep telling to change to a metal rod rather then the plastic. Both state that I will get oncresed accuracy/reliability with the metal rod over the long haul.
What is general opinion about changing to a metal over the plastic?
The pistol has been very reliable with about 1200+ rounds though it so far.
:D

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. There's no point putting money into something that isn't needed.

loosewreck
08-05-2011, 4:06 PM
I'm one of those guys that is indifferent. Like Plisk said, "If it ain't broke...". For me its more of a weight thing, which ever I shoot it better with is what I'll go with.

However, if consensus is that the stock plastic is prone to breakage or will become unreliable, I'd probably change it.