PDA

View Full Version : Website vendor validity?

its mcgavin son
08-05-2011, 9:51 AM
I am planning to purchase ammunition from "kylesgunshop.com", but a disclaimer states that proof of my age is required (ie California POS-ID, drivers lic.). I've ordered from a few other websites, and I've never been asked to submit a copy of my drivers license. Is this site legit?

The disclaimer also reads:
No sales to: Canada, NYC, Los Angeles, Oakland, Sacramento, San Francisco, Washington DC, Chicago, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Reno (NV), Annapolis (MD),Montgomery County (MD) and the following CA counties: Marin, Napa, Ventura, and Yolo. You must be 21 or older to purchase handgun ammo. You must provide a photocopy/scan/fax of a federal or state ID. If you are from Illinois, please send a copy of your FOID. You can email your ID or fax it to 513-407-8716.

I really want to purchase Federal HST 9mm 147gr +P LE P9HST4 because I cannot find it ANYWHERE

lawaia
08-05-2011, 10:11 AM
Looks legit. They may have some state regulation requiring them to take ID on ammo purchases. I personally wouldn't worry about it.

Bryansix
08-06-2011, 2:13 PM
Looks legit. They may have some state regulation requiring them to take ID on ammo purchases. I personally wouldn't worry about it.

What? Show the law or PC.

I would just stick to the sites that don't hassle you.

ke6guj
08-06-2011, 2:42 PM
federal law says that if they are an FFL, that they can't sell ammo ammo to anyone under 18, and that it if isn't for a rifle/shotgun, that they be at least 21.

478.99 Certain prohibited sales or deliveries.

(b) Sales or deliveries to underaged persons. A licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector shall not sell or deliver (1) any firearm or ammunition to any individual who the importer, manufacturer, dealer, or collector knows or has reasonable cause to believe is less than 18 years of age, and, if the firearm, or ammunition, is other than a shotgun or rifle, or ammunition for a shotgun or rifle, to any individual who the importer, manufacturer, dealer, or collector knows or has reasonable cause to believe is less than 21 years of age, or (2) any firearm to any person in any State where the purchase or possession by such person of such firearm would be in violation of any State law or any published ordinance applicable at the place of sale, delivery, or other disposition, unless the importer, manufacturer, dealer, or collector knows or has reasonable cause to believe that the purchase or possession would not be in violation of such State law or such published ordinance.

Many vendors require you to send a copy of your ID for their records so that they can show that they attempted to confirm that they weren't sending it to someone under age. Other vendors will send without an ID, but then have it sent "adult signature required" and passs the responsibility to UPS/Fedex, and we know how oftern they will disregard the ASR and just drop and run.

Here is ammoman.com's policy, http://ammoman.com/ageproof.html , you can either supply ID or he'll send it ASR.

Saigon1965
08-06-2011, 2:46 PM
What Jack posted - Always been like that -