PDA

View Full Version : Next pistol: Sig or CZ?

Lc17smp
08-05-2011, 9:58 AM
I am trying to decide what my next pistol will be and am looking for feedback on these two. This 109284 or 109286. Not sure if I want 9 or 40 yet but these two caught my eye. I have a few Sigs already but dont own a CZ yet.

gorenut
08-05-2011, 10:39 AM
CZ.

Number of reasons.. I think you get more gun for your money. Also, its very disappointing that Sig would do this.. but the X-5 in 9mm has a design flaw that gives you eventual extraction issues (I think problem with premature breakage/wear to the extractor). Mind you, its mostly people who shoot a lot, but I've heard of reports of it happening as early as 1,000-5,000 rounds. Bruce Gray has said that he's working on a modification to fix this issue.. but it seems like Sig should really resolve this problem for such an expensive gun. They will fix it for you when it does break, no questions asked.. but do you really want to be sending it back on repeated occasion?

You can find info on this from much better informed people than me on the Sigforum. I did the research because I was at one point thinking of getting one too when I saw a gunbroker auction selling for a decent price.

This issue doesn't seem to apply to the 40sw model.

Freq18Hz
08-05-2011, 10:40 AM
Those pistols are in two totally different price ranges.

This may not make much sense, but I like the design aesthetics better on the sigs. They feel better to me. But CZ makes a better gun, and a more accurate one. You'll need to shoot both a lot to understand what I'm talking about.

Life or death, I would pick up a CZ-75 in .40. This is after grabbing my 1911 in .45. =)

If I were going to throw it in a bunch of dirt and mud, and then shoot it, I'd pick up the sig.

-Freq

ADH
08-05-2011, 10:53 AM
The two best handguns I own are my Sig P220 and my CZ P-01. I would trust either of them over my 1911 (even as much as I like that gun). I think between the two you have pictured above I would cast anther vote for the CZ. I would also choose 9mm if choosing the CZ. I've read here and there on the vastness of the internet that some CZ pistols chambered in .40 don't perform as well as their 9mm counterparts.

gorenut
08-05-2011, 11:03 AM
Those pistols are in two totally different price ranges.

This may not make much sense, but I like the design aesthetics better on the sigs. They feel better to me. But CZ makes a better gun, and a more accurate one. You'll need to shoot both a lot to understand what I'm talking about.

Life or death, I would pick up a CZ-75 in .40. This is after grabbing my 1911 in .45. =)

If I were going to throw it in a bunch of dirt and mud, and then shoot it, I'd pick up the sig.

-Freq

Not entirely true. The CZ Tac Sport goes for a little over a grand. When I was going to be the X-5 Comp, I was able to get it for roughly $200-$300 more.

Also, this Sig is made for competition shooting so the tolerances are much tighter.. not exactly something you want to be throwing in mud and dirt. There's a reason why original 1911s had far looser tolerances than the hot-rod models today.

Of course this is under the assumption that the OP is asking about the specific two models pictured. If he's talking about just CZ vs Sig in general, I'd probably still say CZ overall. As far as the base models go, the CZ was also made as a combat pistol. Whatever dirt/mud throwing you said about Sig would mostly apply to the CZ as well.

The Virus
08-05-2011, 11:04 AM
CZ.

trob
08-05-2011, 11:05 AM
I would get the cz

iareConfusE
08-05-2011, 11:09 AM
CZ.

K_Labs
08-05-2011, 11:10 AM
I still haven't decided I love both of mine

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii231/K_Labs/IMG_2551.jpg

Havoc70
08-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Having shot a CZ and owning a sig P226, I would say the CZ for the price point and it was more accurate than my Sig and the .40 recoil was still snappy but not as snappy as it was on the Sig. I love my Sig, but doing it over again, I'd get a CZ.

bsg
08-05-2011, 12:14 PM
i would go with an older w german Sig. just personal preference; with a platform and features of a time period that i have the most confidence in.

MrExel17
08-05-2011, 12:22 PM
+1 CZ, would pick it any given day. I too also own both brands for the money out of the box hands gown CZ:thumbsup:

Someguy925
08-05-2011, 12:25 PM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4047/4680444617_cb12e4d69f_m.jpg

I have a CZ TS in 40sw. Things to note,

- Trigger pull is very light compared to my CZ 75 SA.
- Trigger is made of plastic
- The default sights don't have dots. This is ok outdoors, but it might be difficult in indoor ranges from the lack of light. Sights are replaceable at least.
- Its quite hefty because its about a inch-ish longer than a regular CZ 75. Does help cull some of the sharp recoil from a 40.

oghl888
08-05-2011, 1:29 PM
CZ has a better after market following and support. You will probably have a better experience with the CZ overall because of this. The Sig is a more refined piece out of the box, but you can further refine the CZ if you want to. Tinkering/improving is a big part of owning high end guns.

JosephP
08-05-2011, 2:49 PM
If you have budget for sig....
Don't try to get more guns with same money.
Spend more money in one gun.
You are not going to take more guns insted of one gun that will fit and serve you better.
So get Sig X5.
I have Sig X5 in 9mm and it is much better gun compare to CZ.
You won't regrat it.

jbe90
08-05-2011, 5:18 PM
CZ.

Lc17smp
08-05-2011, 6:24 PM
I am considering the exact models shown an have learned a lot from the posts so far. If I get the CZ I would have the slide refinished to match the frame so cost may end up the same for either gun. I like that the CZ is longer but am a little concerned about a plastic trigger. Seems like a metal trigger would be preferred. This gun would be a target gun for me so as I think about it priority would be accuracy and trigger adjustability correct? I wont be doing and combat rolls in the desert with this gun. (I have others for that :eek:) It the extractor problem with all x5's or some? That would be a pain in the @**.

zfields
08-05-2011, 8:25 PM
I am considering the exact models shown an have learned a lot from the posts so far. If I get the CZ I would have the slide refinished to match the frame so cost may end up the same for either gun. I like that the CZ is longer but am a little concerned about a plastic trigger. Seems like a metal trigger would be preferred. This gun would be a target gun for me so as I think about it priority would be accuracy and trigger adjustability correct? I wont be doing and combat rolls in the desert with this gun. (I have others for that :eek:) It the extractor problem with all x5's or some? That would be a pain in the @**.

get a CGW trigger.

PandaLuv
08-05-2011, 8:30 PM
I love sig and I owe one. I just don't like that particular one. That beaver tail looks so ugly.
Get the CZ, I am not a fan but CZ is pretty unique.

GILMORE619
08-05-2011, 9:27 PM
CZ... Im dying to get one

DP1035
08-05-2011, 9:30 PM
Haven't shot a cz but I own a p220 carry, it is my favorite gun to shoot, very accurate and smooth as hell for a .45

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ELIXIR
08-05-2011, 10:34 PM
Get both! :P