PDA

View Full Version : If I were to win a handgun in a contest?

TYCONTEST
08-04-2011, 9:33 PM
If I were to win a handgun in an online contest, would I still have to wait 30 days from last handgun purchase to do a ffl transfer? If so, would the ffl hold until the 30 days are over? Would the handgun need to be on the CA roster if it is from an out of state company?

gorenut
08-04-2011, 9:36 PM
As I understand it, yes 1 in 30 applies to this as its going through an FFL. It needs to be on the CA roster, again, because its going through FFL. Whether your FFL will hold it for 30 days depends on the individual FFL. Its really up to them, but there are plenty of FFLs that would do it for you

Ubermcoupe
08-04-2011, 9:49 PM
If I were to win a handgun in an online contest, would I still have to wait 30 days from last handgun purchase to do a ffl transfer?

Yes.
If so, would the ffl hold until the 30 days are over?
If they are a nice FFL they will ;). Usually my ffl will hold until I can dros again, no problem. Some may charge a storage fee, some may not.

Would the handgun need to be on the CA roster if it is from an out of state company?
Yes, unless you are exempt.

So what are you going to win? (or have won?)

TYCONTEST
08-04-2011, 10:12 PM
I am always enter contests and raffles but have not won yet. Just want to be prepare. I feel a win coming.

BLOWN RAIDER
08-04-2011, 10:21 PM
I've never heard of ANYONE winning a firearm, if you do you are one lucky guy!

CK_32
08-04-2011, 10:33 PM
yes.

PrimerDust360
08-04-2011, 10:38 PM

I haven't either. Sounds to me like someone is trying to find a loophole. :D

PRCABR4Christ
08-04-2011, 11:16 PM
go to NRA banquets, they give guns away all the time, I've seen some sweet guns given away, the most memorable was a Kimber 84 Classic, that was one saweeeeeeet looking rifle :D

RoundEye
08-05-2011, 3:43 PM
I won a Glock at the last GSSF Match, and the best way to put it is, it's like buying directly from the manufacturer.

1.)You pay for and pay tax on any upgrades (Pistol was tax free)

2.) Has to be on the California roster (they would only send me a Gen 3).

3.) Out of state transfer fees apply (cost varys by FFL)

stix213
08-05-2011, 4:29 PM

Well now you have

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=194133

helpme
08-05-2011, 5:25 PM
I am always enter contests and raffles but have not won yet. Just want to be prepare. I feel a win coming.

Nice, loving the optimism man haha. Hope you win!:D

mlgs00
08-06-2011, 3:48 PM

I won a Ruger .22lr pistol in the annual CRPA raffle several years ago. They sent me a notice in the mail. My wife thought it was junk mail and threw it into a box. When I was dumping the box of junk mail a couple of months later, I found my notice. I was too late to claim it. That is the only thing I have ever won, and my wife screwed me out of it. So I went out and bought a new gun to soothe my hurt feelings.

sirgiles
08-06-2011, 4:07 PM
I won a Glock at the last GSSF Match, and the best way to put it is, it's like buying directly from the manufacturer.

1.)You pay for and pay tax on any upgrades (Pistol was tax free)

2.) Has to be on the California roster (they would only send me a Gen 3).

3.) Out of state transfer fees apply (cost varys by FFL)

exactly what i did with mine.

son_of_a_gunny
08-06-2011, 4:47 PM

I have a Winchester model 77 .22LR that was won (NIB) buy my wifes Grandfather ($0.50 rafle ticket - Late 50s or early 60s).

Cheers